How has the "clean wehrmacht" myth persisted during so many years, despite the historiographical efforts

How has the "clean wehrmacht" myth persisted during so many years, despite the historiographical efforts
for proving it untrue?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M3fP15F6szA
youtube.com/watch?v=xyIF_C2h6rc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

West German propaganda post WW2

Cold War shenanigans

Look at those freaks. Enjoy that fag, Hans. It maybe your last one.

>Enjoy that fag, Hans

It's never been proven untrue. People just cherrypick isolated atrocities and act like they were the common practice. By that measure the British and US armies weren't clean either.

Because of the Cold War and the need to rehabilitate Germany's military establishment in the new Bundeswehr by not shaming their Wehrmacht predecessors too much and heap all the blame on the SS.

Whatever do you mean?

Those dudes are allright

British and US armies are unclean tho

Basically this. The "clean wehrmacht" myth started getting pushed around the same time as the myth that the soviets only won through human waves tactics.

>Adolf Who?
youtube.com/watch?v=M3fP15F6szA

only a tiny minority were ever involved in any atrocities

This. Endorsed by AmeriKKKa and UKKK to build a strong West Germany as a buffer against the liberated peoples of the East.

Liberated peoples kept nice and safe from the invaders of the west by the wall at Berlin

>AmeriKKKa and UKKK
unironically neck yourself

the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, I think the Wehrmacht have been unfairly tarred in some ways and unfairly glorified in others

What exactly is the clean whermacht op?

Same deal as Emperor dindu nuthin, he wuz a gud boi.

just stealing something is a warcrime in this world

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=xyIF_C2h6rc

denial is one of the strongest emotions of mankind

I remember that time when the US Army fought for a regime that planned on murdering hundrefs of millions of Slavs and committed vast war crimes in the countries they invaded

The assertion that the Wehrmacht was merely the military brance of Germany and cannot be blamed for Nazi German atrocities, despite the fact that every soldier pledged an oath to Hitler and were actively fighting for him. Also the Wehrmacht was responsible for a huge number of war crimes in the East.

mfw the proto-Wehrmacht, the Reichswehr, played a massive role in putting Hitler into power and reinforcing his regime and were a band of authoritarian anti-democrats who sabotaged Weimar from the start

mfw no one fucking talks about it

Correct answer

Wrong.

They all happily swore a direct oath of allegiance to Hitler. If the Wehrmacht had truly been against the Nazi regime they would have just collapsed it, right? It's not like the SA even before the Night of the Long Knives were a match for them.

This. Wehrmacht (Heer especially) military police committed war crimes non-stop, as they were often involved in the poor treatment of POWs, civilians, and other people in German-occupied territories. They were often involved in assisting the SS and other auxiliary troops in rounding up Jews following the German capture of a town.

Actual frontline troops often were involved in human rights abuses, but that often stemmed from shelling, bombing, or shooting civilian positions that they thought had soldiers inside of them (which every major power often did). Although it's also important to remember that Heer troops would assist in deporting civilians to Germany for slave labor, and would often participate in mass killings if ordered to (the 6th Army in 1941 during Barbarossa being a key example).

the eastern front was a bloodbath
soviets were no less savage, and if Germany had won the other side would be the criminals
there were no good guys
it was an extreme and radical fight for the right to exist on both sides
they knew what would happen if they lost
and there was no Genova Conventions

I think more people died in the Eastern front than the rest of the war put together

Who is this?

>soviets were no less savage, and if Germany had won the other side would be the criminals

literally just not true

Germans raped 10 million
Soviets raped 5 million
Germans killed 20 million civilians
Soviets killed around 5 million

Do you also remember that time when the US Army fought for an apartheid regime that conducted biological experiments on minorities, and locked up its own citizens in concentration camps in the middle of the desert?

Sadly the professional and pure combat winds of the army were involved in atrocities. To what extent do the 'just following orders' line and impromptu actions will never be known.

>REEEEE the Russians only raped 5 million women why are you complaining?
:^)

That still doesn't mean they're as bad as the Germans.

>an army that grew up to 4 times as large as the Germans' raped half the people
>THEY'RE THE SAME SHUT UP SHUT UP
The absolute state of wehraboos

the Germans raped exactly zero people
Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, Poles etc are not people

But the same applies to Russians, as pathogens are not people too.

People with irrational thought are just that, irrational. They can't change their ways or feelings based on facts and logic, it's all emotion for them.

>All german conscripts were Nazis
What's next, all american soldiers voted for Trump?

Most conscripts came from the Hitler Youth, so they had been indoctrinated in nazi ideals from a young age

this post holy fuck

>Who is this?
a good boi who dindu nuffin and stood up to ebil corporal fuhrer

>>Soviets killed around 5 million
You sure?
>Germany:635k
>Poland:150k
>Balticum: 600k (Includes people murdered by Germans)

Thank you, I did not know this. Source?

the most basic one

>Oh come guys why are you treating me like a monster? I only raped three kids and that other guy raped TEN!

>You're a wehraboo if you acknowledge the fact that the Soviets were rapey assholes.
LOL

Only if you actually believe the 10 million rapes wikipedia nonsense.

He's right though?

Hitler Jugend was compulsory and German soldiers in WW2 were usually HJ members in their childhood, especially if we're talking about generations born from 1918 to 1923.

British army is respectful of local customs and traditions and well liked wherever it goes. US military is an ill trained horde of raping 56%ers so uncivilised that even the notoriously welcoming and peaceful Japanese want them off their land.

>the notoriously welcoming and peaceful Japanese

I find it sad that people will take this post seriously.

Everyone who fought did nothing wrong.

The only villains were the cowards with badges, the murderers with ink and pen, who stayed behind, to bully the people, and justify their staying out of the front lines(the NKVD and Gestapo come immediately to mind)

This is the correct answer. Interestingly enough, I recall reading that Wehrmacht recruits from Soviet POW's were often put on anti-partisan duties, and a large amount of the Wehrmacht's crimes were committed carrying out these duties. I wonder if it was similar to Leopold's use of Congolese tribes to carry out the Belgian's terrible punishments?

Regardless, the Wehrmacht rules regarding partisan's, Jews and POW's were disgraceful. But I recommend reading Robert Kershaw's "War Without Garlands" if you want to properly understand the pressures that the Landser were under as well as the crimes they committed.

Guys, the people who swore an oath to Hitler and committed countless war crimes in his name just followed orders all throughout europe in the name of the Führer and his state represented fascist cult were NOT Nazis! They were just following orders!
I have a need to justify their actions because I have a homoerotic fascination with their uniforms and or a need to justify their actions because I am some sort of German or think I have German blood in me!
You wouldn't call American soldiers Democrat soldiers because they served under FDR would you? No, you wouldn't because some soldiers were Republican or didn't have a political leaning!
Unlike those fucking communists and their Bolshevik hordes, who required 110% party loyalty and proof that your family has a picture of Stalin, Lenin, and the communist manifesto in their collective farms or apartment buildings. They also were all Russians, because fuck the other nations of the soviet union!
FFS guys, it's 2016, we should honor the noble Wehrmacht soldiers instead of portraying them in a negative light despite the mountains of evidence, testimony of survivors, and other sources that prove these people committed all sorts of heinous acts against civ-I mean just followed orders!

I wouldn't hold it against them. Unless they personally did shit then they're just soldiers.

>the cold war

Source?

>Germans fighting against Soviet wave tactics being better combatants initially means they're killers

Eryk Lewinski. One of the best Polish generals during World War II.

what's going on in this pic?

Post sauce?

American education

Erich von Manstein

One of Hitlers jewish general like Paulus or Rommelstein

Looks like SS doing a sweep of a village, finding a stash of partisan weapons.

>notorioisly welcoming
Bongs literally have an extra chromosome