Why the fuck have you not switched to Basmati yet, user? Even the white variant outshines other species' brown rice...

Why the fuck have you not switched to Basmati yet, user? Even the white variant outshines other species' brown rice. Let alone brown Basmati.
>Highest protein
>Most fiber
>Lowest glycemic index
>Same calories and carbs as regular
>Tastes heaps better, best tasting rice there is
Truly the king of rice.

Wait some of you motherfuckers eat long grain rice? Fuck outta here

>grains
Nope.

this

most of my chronic health issues went away after cutting out grains and dairy (and some other things)

its nice if you can handle them, i guess

that being said, rice is more tolerable than say wheat for plenty people

rice is not only tolerable, it's healthy.
asian people are biologically immortal because all they eat is fish and rice.

GAS THE SHORT GRAINS!
RICE WAR NOW!

If this is true, why am I eating brown rice? Veeky Forums pushes brown rice all the time. My parents always got basmati growing up.

Isn't long grain better?

white basmati already kicks other brown variants' ass. brown basmati is basically the only sensible choice.
yes, long grain is better, at least for me.

>brown basmati
Oh shit that exists

>rice is not only tolerable, it's healthy.

define ''healthy''

>asian people are biologically immortal because all they eat is fish and rice

correlation =/= causation

for a normal person there's no difference between different types of grains as far as nutrition but I agree that basmati is just easily the best tasting kind of rice

Grains Gobblin'

>eating grains
>not eating superior protein-rich seeds

It's like you don't want to make it or something.

Seeds??

>bird food
no thanks.

Grain-like seeds! 13% protein along with other healthy nutrients.

its technically a cereal grain

also fermented buckwheat groats are tolerable to a lot of people who have problems with typical grains

it's like you're missing the whole point of eating grains

You eat grain as a staple. Buckwheat can be eaten much the same way, except it's healthier and good for bodybuilding.

>best tasting rice
>not yasmine rice

B R A N
R
A
N

Someone post the stats of oat and wheat bran right now.

except that almost nobody likes buckwheat, it takes longer to cook than other grains and nobody eats grains for the fucking protein
stop being retarded

>almost nobody likes buckwheat

Stop projecting your shit taste. Buckwheat tastes much better than plain rice.

>it takes longer to cook than other grains

Use a rice cooker.

>nobody eats grains for the fucking protein

How are you ever going to make it if you eat shitty carb foods like rice and not replace them for the protein-rich alternative?

you skipped the last part of my post

You really want a reply to that? Okay...

no u

Jasmine rice > basmati rice

>thinking the only important macro is protein
wanna know how I know you're fat and or have flat as fuck muscles?

underrated

Keep eating your shitty grain, mate.

>negligible amount of extra protein
>trans fats
god I can just see how fat you are now

>nearly twice as much protein
>negligible

>trans fats

Are you retarded?

>doesn't know how to round either
I'm sorry you hadn't mentioned you were American, continue on

just don't even bother, he's clearly mentally handicapped or trolling

Oh, I see, you are retarded. Nevermind then, carry on.

I know I'm just continually taking the bait on this one but, properly rounding we'll say your buckwheat has 13g of protein, and the rice has 8g, if 5g of protein is seriously making a huge difference in your daily intake you have bigger problems than what carb source you are eating.

o shit, I've always eaten basmati, I've been thinking I should really switch to brown since it's presumably better.

Basmati for life

>7.85 grams for 370 kcals
>14.28 grams for 370 kcals
>14.28 is nearly 15.7

I have said nothing wrong. It is NEARLY twice as much protein for the same kcals, unlike that other guy who said it was "negligible".

And buckwheat is healthier overall, even if ignoring the protein. You're seriously protecting a faggot who thought that all saturated fats must be trans fats. Have you no shame?

>It is NEARLY twice as much protein for the same kcals, unlike that other guy who said it was "negligible".
Both are true.
If one had 0.01g of protein and the other had 0.03g, that would be more than twice the amount of protein, but it's still a negligible amount.
5 extra grams doesn't make or break this decision.

Given that you need to eat 1.6 grams of protein per day per kg of bodyweight, would you rather go for the option with those 5 extra grams of protein or the one with less? When you eat say 300 grams a day, suddenly that's 15 extra grams of protein. You might as well maximize your protein intake as best you can with natural foods instead of drinking powder.

Because it's a bit expensive here but then, I don't eat rice all the time. I guess I could give it a try.

>asian people are biologically immortal because all they eat is fish and rice
Please tell me you don't actually think like this

>it takes longer to cook

No it fucking doesn't.

Pliaf and Jasmine master race

lel

>eating 1.6g/lb
holy shit user you just keep drinking that delicious broscience tea

GREAT POOPS
also, for wheat bran, if you count out the pooped soluble fiber it's ~125 kcal for 100g, meaning half of those calories come from protein

Probably because it smells and taste fucking weird. Jasmine is much better.

>kg
>lb

insoluble*