ITT: favorite empire

ITT: favorite empire
Pic related Angevin

It's not that good. Semi stable empire with constant wars with France trying to reclaim French land. Lasts about 50 years and after constant strife all that's left is England. It didn't even produce anything interesting except leading to the hundred years war

This bait

>not an empire
but still

Frogs will shit in this thread if they find it

Emperor Norton.

>angevin empire
>empire

Why would they?
OP chose a French empire as his favorite one

>french

The Angevin Empire was French, m8

England was its latest addition when the Angevin Duke decided it would be fun to become King of England thus adding that backwater island to his empire

>angevin empire was french
>backwater

It's pretty sad how much the French have to piggyback off of English history because no one would ever care about them otherwise. The only one who ever captured the public's imagination was true full-blooded Frenchman Napoleone di Buonaparte. What else is there, really?

I'm not french (and I don't even like them even tho they're still better than anglos) but you're trying too hard there m8

The Angevin "empire" (lmao) was, as its name indicates, french
The dates on the map the other dude posted pretty much end the "debate" about that

>Napoleon
>French
Hahaha even their 'best' leaders aren't french

>hates French
>hates Anglos more
So how is Russia this time of year vlad?

As if Richard Lionheart or Queen Victoria were English...

Angevins were the descendant of a Gaulish tribe(Andegavi). Do you acknowledge that you wuz not Saxons but Continental Irish ?

Hmm...

Fun fact: the Angevin Empire was technically part of the Kingdom of France

technicality
The French king was less wealthy than the king of England

By "the King of England", you mean the French Count who founded the Angevin Empire and then took over England in 1154?

>took over

He did tho
In 1153 it wasn't his, then in 1154 it was

For me, it's the British East India Company