Mental/Emotional Health Thread

So about at my wits end here. My doctor recommended I take these a year ago and I told him I'd rather find a natural method. Well I have a medicine cabinet full of shit herbs and roots now, none of it worked.

So just wondering how many of you have experience with Zoloft for anxiety and suicidal depression? I can barely utter a word at other people now, I feel retarded.

Will this effect my test with I increase my diet and continue to work out?

Other urls found in this thread:

revolutionarylifestyledesign.com/the-right-phenibut-dosage-for-destroying-depression-and-avoiding-withdrawal/
youtube.com/watch?v=2jmaA05YQfo
selfauthoring.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get on gear

srs. thank me later

GET THE EVERLIVING FUCK OFF OF ZOLOFT

t. guy who got cucked by Zoloft for a year

(Seriously, if you need meds, ask for Vortioxetine. Zoloft INCREASED my suicidal tendencies and changed my personality to the point of it scaring my gf. It's an old, shitty medicine and my new doctor expressed surprise that anyone even uses it anymore.)

benzos and ket

FUCK BENZOS
I GOT SCRIPTED ATIVAN AND THAT SHIT MADE ME A WALKING ZOMBIE. FUCK THE WITHDRAWALS
NEVER AGAIN

yesterday added wellbutrin to my lexapro

maybe placebo maybe not. but sexual appetite is stronger. more energy. who tried wellbutrin? how was it

I've been on wellbutrin for about two years now. It's worked out really well. Recently bumped it up to 400 and the effects have been fantastic.

Marijuana helps me

why did you go up? was it getting weaker

how were your concentration gains? im at attention span of a fly, easily distracted, can't read long texts

no medicine is better than therapy lad

they all "work" but they ALL have drawbacks, even soft shit like mirtazapine makes you complacent and impotent to some degree

If you take psychotropic medication then you are NOT mentally or emotionally fit.

The US Army wouldn't even take you and they take the high functioning mentally handicapped.

>/thread

This, as someone studying pharmacology most, if not all, current drugs have questionable clinical efficacy (as opposed to statistical efficacy) and all also have side effects.

You're a loonie, kek. Here's a natural method: a piece of rope with a noose.

>If you take psychotropic medication then you are NOT mentally or emotionally fit.

Took fluoxetine(prozac). It's pretty good.

revolutionarylifestyledesign.com/the-right-phenibut-dosage-for-destroying-depression-and-avoiding-withdrawal/

I was thrown on Zoloft and Seroquel in highschool. Fucked up my social development. I could only feel anger and the occasional sadness for a couple years. I have no idea why I was on Seroquel. It was a low dose but that shit is for bat shit crazy people. Maybe they were worried I was going to snap and kill someone or something. Anyway, I was basically a zombie for most of highschool. I was popular in middle school but people in highschool thought I was going to shoot up the school or something. I got off the meds my last year and things were a lot better. I actually got my personality back.

Look into cognitive behavioural therapy and meditation

Alright so my doctor changed the prescription to Lexapro. How fucked am I?

lol. you tell us how fucked you are

Anyone have experience with buspirone or buspar? Should i just drop this shit asap?

I had a panic attack after smoking too much weed for a year and being generally stressed out. I had a feeling I'm dying and couldn't catch my breath so a neurologist gave it to me.

who /klonopin/ here?

I was zoloft for a month and about one week in was unable to get hard and had zero sex drive. Switched to lamotrigine which is a mood stabilizer and it helped my anxiety alot and had no sexual side effects.

Seroquel was most likely to help you sleep. That was my cocktail as well, and I was only a little bit crazy.

how much cardio are you doing? sometimes there are people that need chemicals, but alot of times its what the are doing to their body that is fucking everything up.

Have you tried psilocybin/shrooms? I know it sounds like the typical hippy shit and I'm not one who believes in the natural shit meme, but you should seriously give it a try.

Last year I had a very bad time when I decided to stop hanging with my lifelong friends (15+ years) because reasons and I got depressed. I couldn't stop obsessing over it for months until one day I decided to microdose with a box of shrooms I had stored for a while. First day I took it I thought nothing about it and went for a walk. As usual I started obsessing about my shit situation in life, my lost friends, etc and suddenly it was like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I didn't even realized just how bad my mind was until that moment. I was not high,it was just like washing all the shit I was telling myself and starting a new chapter.

Do not take Zoloft it will literally make you a fat zombie.

Well, I don't have real depression but I do have Season Affective Disorder and St. John's Wort works great for me.

Citalopram and escitalopram tend to have fewer sexual side effects than other SSRIs. Just try it for 8 weeks and see how you feel.

Maybe you're fucked, maybe not. Escitalopram did nothing for me, was the 3rd medicine I tried. Now I'm on duloxetine/cymbalta and it seems to help a bit

ΝΟ DONT DO IT!
I did my 1st cycle with just test , was feeling great but when PCT came , maaan i got depressed to the point i wanted to kill myself. Clomid boosted that feeling and still i am not totally ok 2 months after. Bloodwork is fine .

The fast relief stuff would make me give so little fucks that I'd just fall asleep wherever. They had to switch me over to the slow release stuff. So yeah I actually think it was a sleep thing now that I remember it. I try to forget most of the details of that part of my life.

Zoloft worked really well for me and didn't have any effect on gains/fat retention. It did zombify me a bit but that allowed me to deal with emotional stress. Actually improved my game with girls.

You're dick might not work. I was on zoloft for a while and ended up switching to wellbutrin to get boners again, but now I've dropped it. Switch lifestyles/way of living to something that makes you happy. The pills only mask the symptoms and yea they help you get by but the reason why you were depressed is still there unless you change your life.

Mindfulness (Vipasanna) Meditation truly is the end of all mental health problems if done correctly.. the only problem its just seriously difficult to do. It's a technique that has remained largely in its purity for over 2500 years (Since Buddha) and it taking huge leaps after Western studies have concluded its as powerful as antidepressants at preventing depressive episodes.

I had a very successful attempt at it, and am eager to learn more. It was basically the happiest 6 hours of my life, no worries, just a clear understanding of what was happening in the present moment, compassion was automatic and the mind was calm.

If you pay close attention to what is actually engineering your unhappiness, it is your nonstop thinking, and not only that - it is the identification with these thoughts. The practise aims to show you that these thoughts are merely just fantasies or distractions whilst you pay attention to a sensation in the body.

I have been depressed, but not suicidal. I can only imagine what its like day to day for you and people like you. Here's a pretty girl describing her stay at a retreat, I would like to try one of these too. youtube.com/watch?v=2jmaA05YQfo

On the more tangible front, I read that regular cardio and weights training has a large effect on anxiety. Moreover, a healthy diet can aid as well.

One day you will be more at peace that you can of imagined i'm sure of it.

Anyone else never been to a psychiatrist or anything here? I probably should've seen one at some point, but I turned out okay.

Out of interest are you guys who are on meds American?
I'm a britbong and although we too have these kind of medications, it really shocks me the extent of which Americans get medicated, over here it's generally an emergency resort where people are at a high risk of harming themselves or others whilst it seems like you guys get a prescription for literally everything.

We don't have real food growing up and aren't told about proper nutrition and are feed McDonald's and soda so naturally chemical imbalances in the brain will occur as we get older. It's all a part of the American corporate scam.

To add, while a change in diet and exercise will fix these problems eventually, they take much longer and are more expensive then medication.

And that's not so say it's too much work, but in the American lifestyle you are bombarded with stress and issues even before you turn 18, but once you are on your own you either sink or swim and nobody could give less than a fuck. So the quickest and cheapest potential solution to your problems here in America is the smartest way to go, unless you got unlimited time and money to fix yourself after your parents and society fucked you up as a kid.

I was a normal guy who tooked zoloft to try to kill sexual tendencies.

Sex drive stayed although I could fuck for hours without cumming. Felt "happier" (as in, always kind of pleasant and happy to be alive, never got angry but never extremely excited either.) Probably lost 30 points in IQ, memory was complete shit. Suddenly gained a lot of balls and made a lot of life changing decisions very quickly and did anything without remorse. Felt good to be tranquil all the time, but I stopped because my job needed me to remember stuff and I forgot things within minutes of reading it.

something else to note here is that america is like 1 or 2 countries in the world where pharma companies are allowed to advertise. and they advertise heavily as well as give incentives to doctors to prescribe their meds. that's not to say that these meds don't help people, they do, but yeah probably not a good thing in the long run (for consumers).

DONT TAKE THEM

They fuck with your head and your body. The results will never be positive.

There is nothing wrong with you. You are a normal human being experience normal human emotions. If you don't like something about your life change it. Taking pills isn't going to fix your perception of your situation or make you pick up healthy habits.

Just took like 8 Xanax I feel fine.

wow its almost like meds work differently on different people you fucking mongoloid

get intranasal ketamine, 0.5mg/kg
trintellix gave me massive nosebleeds

rip

ask your doc about agomelatine. zoloft a shit

How do I deal with the comedown off Adderall Veeky Forums?

xanax or 5-htp

Is 5-htp snake-oil or does it really work?

xanax is just way better

depends on the person and "brand"
xanax works tho. i just hate mixing uppers and downers

I've been on SSRIs almost all my life, when I was a kid I started Zoloft and the effect was very obvious and I was better for a good bit. My life obviously continued happening and I was more than just pills would be able to fix, but the help they've provided my life can't be understated. That said, I've been on them forever and so I'm obviously biased, but don't ever think there's anything inherently wrong with being on pills. If you think you can pull out of this without pills then that's up to you but medicine is still a great tool.

hey OP, get the future authoring suite by Jordan B Peterson. it's free right now, JBP made a coupon code specifically for chan users (the coupon code is PEPE).

selfauthoring.com/

writing has helped me immensely, I can't recommend it enough. good luck bro

>and they tak
>cool_story_normie.png

seriously if you think you can get off of these bullshit meds without going suicidal/homocidal do it and do it as fast as you can. They will slowly separate you from your true self leaving only a husk behind.

You should see a therapist instead

no do not do it as fast as you can. taper off gradually. shit advice user.

thx lad

>specifically mention that a doctor advised against zoloft as a whole because there are better meds avaliable
>get called a retard
Get on zoloft user, maybe it will drive you to kill yourself and make the world a better place

>Dysthymia for last 5 or so years
>Anhedonia as well
>Bad brain fog, no concentration, no focus
>Somehow held down a decent job

I've been contemplating anti-depressants lately because I knew I was off mentally. Literally stumbled upon Mr Happy's Stack last week and couldn't believe how much Uridine changed me in a short amount of time. I'm happier, more empathetic, more focused, more everything. I've only been taking it for a few days now, but I think I might've stumbled my way into a cure for low-level depression.

My former shrink advised I do mindfullness and I called her full of shit. She insisted that it worked. Not two weeks later she was on an extened sick leave for getting depression herself.

Some aspects to it do work; I mean thinking more positively and trying to focus on the now are common-sense ideas that will improve anyone's life. But if you have real issues, whether in your life or just purely neurologically, mindfulness is crap. Can't think your way out of unemployment and foreclosure. Some people suffer because of REAL issues, and not because they're "overthinking stuff".

this is true. too bad the west has bastardized meditation as some holy grail of instant relief

> Sertraline
Ok only if you are a pussy
> no , really , shit its too soft
For real and healthy changes;
Be Consertra 36mg PLUS you starting to meet new people, and that include talk and make friends with fat and ugly girls and above avarage looking people, you no longer dig to procreate but to stay emotionaly sane.

I got full-blown psychosis from 1500ug of lsd on Saturday and I still can't sleep well brehs, I wake up all night long.

What do?

Just smoke weed if your that mentally fucked

shit dude thats a big dose. it'll take you a while to get down to normal. it'll fade eventually.

It's more of a thing where after you have come through the other side of a life crisis and find yourself in a stable position, or if you are dealing with the scars of past traumas which are not happening in your present life, it helps to move on and heal the scars and persisting negative thoughts/ attitudes that are a result of those past problems.

Smoke some weak weed or hash to help you sleep (unless weed tends to trip you out), just wait it out and try to put your mind on other things.

Even an average/mild dose of LSD lingers for a while

did that work long term? What kind of shroom exactly and how much did you take?

I need a reset bad, ive been in a bad place for like 8 months

daily adderal user (perscribed) 60mg a day I only took 40 for about 3 years..

I tapered, when I got down to a quarter pill aday and was ready to jump I took phenibut 2g makes you glow for like 30 hours, then kratom after those 2 days for 2 days then phenibut again then kratom for 3 days. Repeat, have been doing this now for like 2 months.

I'm still a filthy weak degenerate who is legit scared go through a day substance free. But it's a start...

You could try microdosing LSD or mushrooms, some recent studies have shown very solid effects from that in recent times

This I think its probably healthier, legitimate science is proving this (as if anecdotal evidence hasn't already been saying it)

Cardio and meditation has helped me, easily more than meds, but I still lowkey wanna kill myself fairly often.

This exercise and shit is good for giving me motivation to do the things I need to do to function and I do feel the endorphines or whatever. But at the end of the day these thoughts are still there. I'm getting better at controlling them and myself in large part with mediation but shit's still a long ass process. Also therapy but I have a hard time being honest in that shit.

go to your doctor and say the comedown is too tough

Been taking Prozac for about a week now.

What should I expect brehs?

Help

Get tested for low vitamin D. I took zoloft when I was a depressed fag and it made things even worse. My whole world changed when I fixed my Vit D levels.

i have anxiety really fuckin bad all the fuckin time. right now its terrible. before i lift i get nauseous and i cant deal with this shit anymore. i lay awake at night with my heart beating hard as fuck but i dont even know what im anxious about

the fuck do i do

I have low Vit D, diagnosed and it runs j. My family. Tried taking 5,000 ui every day for a month just kinda gave me headaches. But it improved a bit.

pls help

I am on Zoloft and I wish I got on it sooner. I do not naturally make enough serotonin in my brain. So I was always sad no matter what. Zoloft fixed it and now I'm normal.

It all depends on why you are depressed and what works for your body.

My grandma is thaking this. it really improved her life. From suicidal stuff to schicophrenic episodes, it is all gone now.
If its good for old nana it is good for you.

>Test made you feel great
>stopped taking Test and felt bad
>2 months later and still feeling bad
>bloodwork is fine

And why haven't you started taking Test again?

Why wouldn't you just cruise you faggot

It's not about thinking positively, it's about the nature of the thoughts themselves. All thoughts are ultimately a burden of you attach to them.

Yeah I agree that the problem of unemployment will not magically vanish but your constant worry about it will dissipate and you will deal with it 100x more efficiently and skillfully that you had before.

Your constant thinking is largely the root of psychological suffering because its your reaction to the stimulus that causes the problem.

Phenibut seems to work for social anxiety

fuck you guys are faggots with your ssris. here are some actually decent antidepressants. and inb4 need to be natty because mammals have used medicines before humans even existed, so humans have used medicines since the paleo times and there has never been a time when we didn't

babby depression list
>vitamin d
>magnesium (high dose)
>EPA omega 3 (high dose)
>agmatine
>pregnenolone and dhea
>coffee and cocoa
>light therapy
>heat/cold stress therapy

mild depression list:
>nicotine patches
>selegiline
>low dose phenibut (before sleep)

moderate depression list
>tianeptine
>agomelatine
>microdose psilocybin
>microdose ketamine
>microdose naltrexone
>moclobemide
>testosterone

major depression list:
>mdma assisted therapy
>high dose ketamine
>high dose psilocybin

major depression still not fixed list:
>methylphenidate
>ethylphenidate
>amineptine
>other tricyclics
>st john's wort
>marijuana

ur fucked list:
>ibogaine
>GHB (before sleep)
>pharma SSRIs

last resort
>SNRIs

don't mix and match any of shit here without knowing what you're doing otherwise you'll fuck yourself up. talk through the options with your doctor and if they're not willing to talk through these options then find a different doctor. if it's illegal then ask your doc for confidential advice about interactions or carefully find out yourself then fucking do it underground
And remember, you are taking drugs to gain *sufficient mental energy* to do daily exercise (cardio every day you don’t lift, if you don’t currently, it has an antidepressant effect lifting doesn’t confer) and to *meditate*.

I had absolutely debilitating anxiety for years, some weeks it would be so bad I feared it would never go away and I would drown in it. I couldn't do anything, some days just getting out of bed would have me shaking.

Two things fixed it for me. I'm not saying made better, I'm saying FIXED.
1) Diet. I'm paleo now and cant imagine ever going back. put simply NO glutenous grain, and only a very small if any amount of things like oats. No dairy, replace milk with nut milks, butter with clarified butter and avacado oil. very little legumes(beans & peas). Eat as fresh and as local as possible. my solution has been growing a lot of it myself.
2) Possibly MORE effective. WIM HOF.
I am not kidding. do this, dont say "oh but it will be cold". Of fucking course its cold, that's the point! The cold is a powerful teacher, it can make you resilient to mental and physical stress. You take control of your own mind and your own body.
If your anxiety is as bad as mine was then I gotta say JUMP IN HEAD FIRST. Don't hesitate about the cold. Do the breathing exercise, and then turn your shower to absolute cold and just get in and stay in. First time I did this I started laughing once the euphoria hit. Something I hadn't done in a month.
Here is my qtox if you or anyone else wants to talk more: D37CBA1225F696CEF8838E207842CC3164341806CEE1389C68C0D2DF2BA1894B08CAFB657993

My dick never stopped working but I kind of wish it had. I could get it up but I could never finish. It was extremely stressful being horny but never able to actually get off.

Anyone here supplement 5htp and have you had results?
coming off 2 years of decent stim use and wanna get those dopamines flowing again

you did not mention the most important one

>b12 (methylcobalamin) + folic acid (methylfolate)

That's gonna take a while to fully clear out of your receptors. How long were you in the loop for?

Fuck Zoloft.

Get a cbd strain of weed or straight cbd vape oil.

yeah i mircodose lsd and its only ever had a positive effect. Even held community dev forums for local gov mildly tripping

>If you take psychotropic medication then you are NOT mentally or emotionally fit.
Yes, of course. That's a given. That's why we take them. Why do you think that means the thread is over? This is a thread about becoming mentally and emotionally fit.

I think you may not be intellectually fit.

Come on, don't be an idiot now: people aren't saying that you can think your way out of unemployment. No one is fucking saying that. Mindfulness is a technique for dealing with emotions, which in turn can make you more able to deal with events in life. There's a ton of research on its benefits. No one is suggesting it's a one-shot panacea ffs.

>people aren't saying that you can think your way out of unemploymen
:
>If you pay close attention to what is actually engineering your unhappiness, it is your nonstop thinking, and not only that - it is the identification with these thoughts. The practise aims to show you that these thoughts are merely just fantasies or distractions whilst you pay attention to a sensation in the body.

No one is saying that literally, no, but they might as well be. When I was the most depressed, I had no money and no job and couldn't pay my rent (even got an eviction notice); I didn't get into grad school; my father in law was dying and my wife wasn't handleing it well & I hadn't spoken with my own father for 6 months. It was not my "nonstop thinking" that caused my unhappiness - my 'nonstop thinking' was a natural response to my shit getting fucked. Nor where these thoughts "merely just fantasies or distractions", but real concern about real issues.

What helped me was uncucking my shit and getting my act together. Did that involve some mindfulness-esque positive thinking? Of course it god damn did, that's just common sense. But it also involved finding real solutions to real problems. I guarantee most people posting here are depressed because of a REASON: no friends, no gf, no career, no money, do direction in life, whatever. But they have issues and they need to sort them out.

I tried all the anti depressants except maoi. None worked. Got on Ritalin, then started doing more group activities.

Only thing to get you out of depression is social activities like sports. Learning curves suck and take months, but it's the only way. Ritalin makes it much easier to block negative thoughts, which actually cause the depression.

Gl