Proto/Indo European

Hello Veeky Forums,
Can you give me a quick rundown on Indo-Europeans and Proto Indo-Europeans? Also if you know about the religion that would be cool too. I am North Indian and people think I look Sicilian or Greek always wondered if there was validity to that. Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkaim
eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/indian-smoke-and-mirrors.html
biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135962
thehindu.com/thehindu/op/2002/03/05/stories/2002030500130100.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're north Indian?
Sorry to heart that.

Horse niggers living on the steppe without any real culture. They invaded a bunch of more advanced cultures in Europe and mixed with local populations. After their invasion the traces of neolithic settlements pretty much disappeared which means they were to dumb to build houses.
In South Europe they were civilized by Mediterraneans such as Minoans and in Anatolia by Assyrians and Hurrians (they were too dumb to invent their own writing system so they stole cuneiform and Minoan Linear A).
In India they replaced a much more advanced Indus Valley Civilization plunging it into the dark ages (1000 years without writing or cities).

Medoid detected

Prehistory to user's post:
>around 6000-4000 BC
>snowniggers who fromerly hunted mammoths in the fucking nowhere of siberia decide to migrate south to the caucaus
>they mix with the mountain niggers and learn how to tame horses
>they are horse niggers now and are now the fucking fastest people on earth at this time
>they are pretty warlike and decied to fuck up other stone age niggers shit and noone can really stop them
>since they are fucking fast they spread from europe to india, subujgating other people and eventually mixing with them

Truth hurts. Indo-niggers created civilizations only in places that were already civilized. And it's quite obvious that the intellectuals or artists came from non-IE background.

I doubt they actually domesticated horses or invented chariots. They probably stole both inventions from other people. Botai probably weren't Indo-Europeans and I bet we will find older chariots than the ones from Sintashta.

Sounds cool

If they were so advanced how did they lose?

Now indulge him with the fact bout how the proto-IE language had more similarities to Indian, Armenian ang Greek rather than Germanic tongues

Why do you assume that I'm Germanic?

I didn't? The world doesn't revolve around you. I just stated a fact that might have surprised you.

You can ask the same about the Chinese and Mongols or Romans and Germanics. Not only were those cultures more peaceful but they already declined before the Indo-Europeans arrived probably due to climate changes.

It's quite apparent from the tone of your post that you were trying to build upon the scathing remarks of the post you were replying to, but whatever.

The reconstruction of Proto-Indo-European is biased towards Greek and Indo-Iranian, because those are the best attested ancient IE languages, but it's Anatolian, Tocharian, and Italo-Celtic that suffer from this, not Germanic, which along with Balto-Slavic descends from the same late PIE dialect that gave rise to Indo-Iranian and Greek.

>I am North Indian and people think I look Sicilian or Greek always wondered if there was validity to that. Thanks
This is obvious b8 fuck off

>Terms borrowed from an otherwise unknown language include those relating to cereal-growing and breadmaking (bread, ploughshare, seed, sheaf, yeast), waterworks (canal, well), architecture (brick, house, pillar, wooden peg), tools or weapons (axe, club), textiles and garments (cloak, cloth, coarse garment, hem, needle) and plants (hemp, mustard, soma plant).[3]
>no agriculture
>no architecture
>no irrigation
>no clothes
>le master race

Behold, the greatest Aryan city!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkaim
>Area 2 ha (4.9 acres)
Whoa

Meanwhile:
>Harappa
>150 ha
>Gonur Tepe
>55 ha
>Talianki
>450 ha
>Shahr-e Sukhteh
>150 ha

If it's so apparent to you user, then ok. It isn't as apparent to me though. Cheers.
This makes sense. I wish we had more material to study Tocharian with.

It's generally assumed that they got absorbed in today's modern Uhygur population. Here's a Chinese account on them

>Going northward from here for more than five hundred li over mountains and through deserts and wilderness, I reached the country of Kasha (formerly called Shule, the name of the capital city. To be correct, it should be called Śrīkrītati, which indicates that the name Shule [for the country] is apparently wrong). The country of Kasha is more than five thousand li in circuit, consisting mostly of desert with little cultivable land. Crops are abundant and there are plenty of flowers and fruit. It produces fine felt and hemp, as well exquisitely woven cotton cloth and woolen carpets.
>The climate is mild and the weather changes according to the seasons. The people are rustic and violent by nature and deceitful by custom. They have little sense of etiquette and righteousness and their learning is superficial. It is their custom to compress the heads of their newborn babiesinto a flatshape. They are vulgar and coarse in appearance, tattoo their bodies, and have green eyes.
>Their written language evolved after the fashion of the language of India.Although there are deletions and aberrations, the linguistic structure and function are mainly preserved. The diction and accent of their dialect differ from those of other countries. They piously believe in the buddha-dharma and diligently perform meritorious deeds. There are sev- eral hundred monasteries with over ten thousand monks who study the Sarvās- tivāda school of the Hinayana teachings. The monks do not delve into the doc- trines but they can recite by heart most of the texts. Therefore many of them are reciters of the Tripiṭaka and the Mahāvibhāṣā-śāstra.

Why won't our dear brothers and sisters in India release paper about Harappan DNA? Why is Indian government blocking it?

Perhaps IV turned out NOT Dravidian, hm?

>wewuznord poolack poster vs wewuzharappan arab poster
Can't decide which one I hate more desu

I'm neither. I hate Silesian mongrel as much as anyone here.

>Why is Indian government blocking it?
Is there any actual evidence the Indian government is censoring the results of the study? Perhaps caste tensions if the Harrapans are genetically closer to lower caste Indians.

eurogenes.blogspot.com.au/2018/01/indian-smoke-and-mirrors.html

They went silent about the study.

is probably right. The current government (BJP) doesn't like inter-caste issues, they prefer to scapegoat other religions. I wouldn't be surprised if they blocked it.

are indoeuropeans R1a or R1b? Scythians are said to be R1a here, but are descrived as redheads by historical sources that I've seen posted here on Veeky Forums as well, which I understand as Scythians bein R1b.

R1a is Corded Ware and Sredny Stog, while R1b is Yamna and Bell Beaker.
Scythians were originally from Corded Ware but migrated east and ended the Yamna.
Apparently red hair is not a Corded Ware trait since Slavs don't really have any redheads.
But Scythians weren't fully Corded Ware since they mixed with Yamna so it makes sense they had some redheads, like Udmurts do today.

Correct

do we have actual dna proof that so many people in ancient times had red hair?
they say it about the thracians too but i dont see many redheads in the balkans. "red" probably meant something else then.

and R1a

gonna ask again
>do we have actual dna proof that so many people in ancient times had red hair?

I meant M269 and maybe M73.

All I saw as proof of Scythians having red hair was some old text by some dude claiming the Scythians were redheaded.

I just posted the map for helping us think who was where

Red could mean light brown. I doubt there were that many red-headed guys back then.

Not all Bell Beakers were R1b. It seems like this culture appeared somewhere in Iberia and the spread to Western and Central Europe. The Iberian Beakers were more closely related to farmers and had little steppe ancestry.

biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/09/135962

What about the bell beakers from Sardinia and Sicily?

I'm not sure if they were tested, but they were probably IE. Technically bell beaker refers to pottery. I can imagine that Iberian farmers came up with this shape which was later adopted by Indo-Europeans from Central Europe.

So Sardinia and Sicily were already Indoeuropean during the 3rd millenium bc?

The Proto-Bell-Beaker culture did develop in Iberia and spread to Central Europe, but there were also elements of Bell Beaker that were intrusive to Western Europe, like individual inhumations and tumuli. It seems that Bell Beaker was a cultural amalgamation of Proto-Bell-Beaker groups from Iberia and Yamnaya groups from the east that then spread throughout Europe from the Danube region.

BB were alcoholic conglomerate of butthurt shitskins.

No one cares, Poolack.

He is right tho

You're clearly the Silesian nigger

He's German. Respect his identity.

I'm not German and I'm not the Silesian either.

Clearly you do, since you're butthurt and projecting.

I'm R1b Scythian come @ me brehs

It's irrelevant how many shitty cities you build when you conquer half of Eurasia and your descendants are basically masters of the universe. Clearly they had to be remarkable in some capacity, otherwise they wouldn't have been as successful as they were.

The Polish cope

but i thought germanic languages had the least amount of indo-europeans derived words of all indo-european languages.

red might have meant brown. after all, "red" hair itself isn't actually red but orange, and brown is just dark orange.

As a Dutchman I am supposed to be 50% steppe invader, funny since I have never been more east than Prague.

What is salo like?

That's an old meme from the 20th century substratomania.

Early writing tends to make less distinction with colours. Red is the first colour that is distinguished in language development so it could describe a lot of colours that we would not now call red.

moron

>your descendants are basically masters of the universe

You can't even control your own countries let alone the universe.

Thanks for nothing Veeky Forums

The Vedic Indo-Aryans would probably be closer to eastern Europeans with both them and Brahmins being R1a as opposed to R1b which is more prevalent in western Europe and both Balto-Slavic and Indo-Iranian languageS being satem languages.

No such thing as Balto-Slavo-Germanic. Stop pushing your fanfiction.

sad
see that pink polygon there?

to really understand them you need to look into these guys a little

Give the isogloses then. I'm waiting. Also that's outdated and overall piece of crap. The oldest M417 was found in Ukraine.

Fuckin germanics. They put "Germanic" classification on the I1 and I2 branches. Why can't they just admit they are cucks, holy shit.

That trash has to put themselves everywhere.

Balto-Slavic? Nope Balto-Slavo-Germanic
Slavic? Nope. Slavo-Germanic
Baltic? Nope Balto-Germanic

The biggest wewuzzers.

those peoples came from the same founding culture, and differentiated over time

>M417 was found in Ukraine
not sure that's in dispute

>noone can really stop them
wrong
In Scandinavia a band of native paleo Europeans managed to resist them for over 2,000 years until they were bred out of existence.

I still see no Balto-Slavic isogloses being posted here as evidence. M417 has nothing to do with Germanics, but with Balto-Slavs and Indo-Iranics.

By that analogy, the J and G from Turkish and Arabic migrants in Germany and Sweden, will be classified as "Germanic" branch in 20 years. CmonBruh.

Modern east germany are historical slavic land

>languages in which the instrumental, dative and ablative plurals, as well as certain singulars and duals, have endings beginning in *-m- rather than the usual *-bh-
>As this map of Indo-European isoglosses shows, Germanic languages are classified as centum languages (blue border) but also share phonological properties with the Balto-Slavic languages (pink border), which are satem languages.

you're the one trying to create an analogy here

>but also share phonological properties with the Balto-Slavic languages (pink border), which are satem languages.
Which is why I asked you to give me those shared sounds. It's a remnant of Indo-Germanic weuwzzing nothing more. Germanics got their language from Bell Beakers.

>The Corded Ware culture may have played a central role in the spread of the Indo-European languages in Europe during the Copper and Bronze Ages.[19][20] According to Mallory, the Corded Ware culture may have been "the common prehistoric ancestor of the later Celtic, Germanic, Baltic, Slavic, and possibly some of the Indo-European languages of Italy."[21] Yet, Mallory also notes that the Corded Ware can not account for Greek, Illyrian, Thracian and East Italic, which may be derived from Southeast Europe.[21] According to Anthony, the Corded Ware horizon may have introduced Germanic, Baltic and Slavic into northern Europe.[22]

>India is home of the Indo-European family
>t.Sanuj

WE
thehindu.com/thehindu/op/2002/03/05/stories/2002030500130100.htm

not by any stretch of the imagination. slavs were late to the european party. that's why they're in the fucking east, dickwad. did that ever occur to you?

Modern Slav lands are historical east Germany; during the time of Hadrian, the Goths were located East of the Vistula.

People move.

chariots go fast

FAST

DYEUS
Y
E
U
S

You forgot China, were they plagued them for centuries until they were pushed out by their Siberian underlings which led to the Avars moving to Rome and the Yuezhi moving to India.

He may be right about the botai culture the word for horse do not have PIE origins

yeah no botai is linked to the same eastward expansion that lead to afanasevo
>the word for horse do not have PIE origins
which word?
>From Middle English horse, hors, from Old English hors (“horse”), metathesis from Proto-Germanic *hrussą (“horse”), from Proto-Indo-European *ḱr̥sos (“horse”), from Proto-Indo-European *ḱers- (“to run”).
>from PIE root *ekwo-: It is the hypothetical source of/evidence for its existence is provided by: Sanskrit açva-, Avestan aspa-, Greek hippos, Latin equus, Old Irish ech, Old Church Slavonic ehu-, Old English eoh, Gothic aihwa- all meaning "horse."

I think you're just making shit up.

>I bet we will find older chariots than the ones from Sintashta.
where? And specifically, how old?

It's kind of sad that you can't accept the fact that horse fuckers from the steppe invented something important to world history 4000 years ago. Smacks of desperation desu, really makes you think.

Inaccurate map

how so?

Is there a decent book on Indo-Europeans?

there are a lot of Indo-Europeans, can you be more specific?

I guess the whole pre-historical element, their rise and campaigns.

The Horse, the Wheel, and Language: How Bronze-Age Riders from the Eurasian Steppes Shaped the Modern World, D.W. Anthony.

Goths weren't Germans

Wrong

No. They still haven't found any Slavic haplogroups in Western Poland from late Roman period and early Middle Ages. There are many Germanic groups, though.

Thank you.

Chariots are attested in North West Africa and Sardinia before than in the British isles

y-you mean this?