Back home for easter break

>back home for easter break
>head to local gym, carry out my 225lb 3x5 like a good little SS slave
>see 18 year old football players squatting 225x10 and 315x5 for sets

am i doing something wrong bros? I'm eating at a 500 cal surplus, i feel like i haven't made any progress in months, and then i see these teenage shitheads just put up massive weight. tell me they were juicing or something pls :'(

take creatine and work on doing 225 for reps trying to get too 225x20
>be me
>lifting for 2 plus years
>squatting for about a year
>can do 315 for one rep with shit form
>drop down too 225 and work on form
>form gets better and slowly get too 10, 15, 20 reps straight
>can now ATG squat 405 for a double

They were not juicing, why do people instantly go to that? (Rhetorical question: you're pathetic). And why are you still doing SS if you bench 225 for reps? Why are you not eating more if you want to lift more? Fucksake user.

Oh wait you were squatting. STILL THOUGH. You can't squat 225 for more than 10 reps? That just un-American

If you're not able to make workout to workout progress on starting strength try transitioning to an intermediate program (eg Texas method or 5/3/1 or look up Greg Nuckols's 28 free programs and do the beginner ones or some other shit like candito's programming)
Consider upping your calories by another 500 or so you may just not be eating enough.

You are weak and they are weak

That's kind of light.
In my neck of the woods the light weights were stuck at 315. Everyone else was hitting 405up.
Hell I was dicking around with 435 and I rarely squatted.

>tell me they were juicing or something pls :'(

I squat 385x5 and I started lifting about 3 years ago and I'm natty.

18 Year old football players have been lifting since they were like 12. I played every year for my school and they started making us lift in 6th grade.

Youth untouched by fear. You can do more than you know... you just ha e to believe. Do candido's program.

Wait what? I squat 285 for 14 and cant squat 405 if my life depended on it :(

This.

Its actually really fucked up(thank god I am pretty tall) but I heard it was bad for height and how you grow if you lift either while you're really young or you cant do proper form(probably all middle school kids)

>I heard it was bad for height and how you grow if you lift either while you're really young or you cant do proper form(probably all middle school kids)

This is mom science. Lifting is safe for kids.

how long are you lifting for? the kid could be lifting for multiple years

>he squats what an 18 yr old benches.
>the teenager could prob squat you while you were squatting your max.

my sides are in orbit. the gym is for naturally big guys to get bigger, not for weeny nerds to become normal.

this. I've been a Veeky Forumsizen since 09 (was 14 back then) and have been banned multiple time during those years, am 22 now. At my 17th birthday I had pretty much the same physique as I have now, ripped/athletic (most built guy in high school at low bodyfat, felt pretty good if I hadn't started to get GOMAD acne a bulk earlier), and on some lifts that I don't do much anymore now I was even stronger back then. Age doesn't mean shit as long as it's after puberty regarding mass/strength.

Another example would be jeff seid who started around 13 too i believe

>At my 17th birthday I had pretty much the same physique as I have now
stop wasting your time at the gym and fucking around

the only thing your doing wrong is comparing yourself to other people.

The only person you shall surpass is the person you were yesterday.

I'm natty and have 18" arms lean

They started lifting years ago. There's this thing called puberty; it's the best fuggin cycle there is around, and those teeny boppers were lifting during it and using it to its full potential.

Stay the course bro, you'll get there

if you look the same after 5 years and not stronger then you aren't going to the gym to improve but to fuck around

just to clarify the post: I've reached my natty limit bodybuilding wise, not strength wise though of course

as the user above me said, puberty is one mad cycle, reaching (early) zyzz mode while underage felt pretty good, but also peaked BB-wise pretty much - If you lift properly for 3 years with autism you can get close to your natty max easily, so it's not hard to believe tbhfammo

Its the way highschool football lifting is structured. You go to each pre determined station with two other people and lift at a break neck pace to try and get through your card that the Coach gives you. The card is based on your 1 rep max and it has the weight and reps that you do and the strength Coach revises it every day after you lift. Plus they are shouting at you left and right for form and to push. Plus peer pressure of football team who lifts a lot.

>tfw recovering skeleton struggling to squat 2 pl8
>extremely thicc, younger guy gets on the rack next to me
>hit 4 pl8 squat

I wish I lifted and played sports in high school and college. I'll never make up for all that lost time.

You've actually answered your question in your own post.
Hint: it has to do with how much you're eating.

actually you can. weightlifting progress is not linear and once you get to a certain point the progress becomes very slow (yearly). obviously the guy is much further ahead than you but you can get to his level if you continue lifting. you are already squatting 2pl8. 3pl8 should be doable in another year give or take. 3 years from now you can be squatting 4pl8 if you stay committed.

American football must be pretty funny. I mean there is nothing equal in Finland. Every high school student is 70 kg at most. Very few fatties hit 80 kgs.

There's nothing like it, Finbro.

Coming from an american living in the Midwest, most overrated sport and full of degenerate imbeciles. There are generations of people who waste their lives on this sport and think it is their life. Concussions, bad joints, broken bones, obesity. All a result of football imo.

surplus not big enough?

Wait what is your problem? that you didnt start out lifting more than people that have committed to as part of their sport for many years? SS is about progressing if you're doing that theres nothing wrong, and If you follow good programing you will absolutely out squat guys like that, you're just a novice.

I really wanted to play high school football but they said you had to lift pretty much all spring and all summer, and I'm assuming you lift throughout the school year so I said fuckkk that.

10 years later and I really regret not doing it.

it's just the basic principle behind progressive overload

225*10=2250
405*1=405

Easter?

Easter?

>haven't made progress in months

Have you tried increasing the weights?

Easter?

A resurrection?

A celebration of the rebirth?

Why don't Americans celebrate Easter?

This is very retarded advise even for fit

Easter?

Easter?

If america is truly a christian nation, why do they not celebrate the rebirth of their savior?

I thought you did ice hockey.

Why don't Americans celebrate Easter?

> t. salty high school loser

How the fuck am I supposed to see through this complicated chart?
They don't?

>315x5
>18
Pic related
Not impressive at all

The depth of the sheer amount of bullshit in this thread exceeds the length of my tape measure