Suicide grip

>suicide grip
>female spotters

This is what happens when you overdose on memes, lads.

Everything about that is fucking stupid.

THIS IS WHAT EGO LIFTING WILL GET YOU POWERLIFTING FAGS!

lol both the dumb bitches where not even clasping their hands together properly under the barbell. they should be thrown in jail

Bitch on the right visibly decides to stop doing her job halfway through the first rep

Female spots?
Chains on the barbell instead of fucking weights?
Suicide grip?
The other spotter behind him not doing SHIT!

Everything in that webm is fucking retarded. He should get a fucking Dodo award.

he wasn't using suicide grip

watch the video. his thumbs are wrapped around the bar, but he straightens out his wrists under load, and thumbs can't hold up 3pl8

>3 spotters
>still dead

maximum kek

I honestly hope this cunt died, people that stupid don't deserve life.

Chains have their purpose during training.
Though it does seem dumb to be using them for ego lifting.

can someone tell me why the fuck don't they use benches like this or power racks in powerlifting? why are they relying on spotters? i would never put my life in someone's hands.

in PL you do squat and then bench and both of them can be done safely in power rack.

>fire spotters
>save tons of money
>spend 1000$ for a proper power rack once

chains are good because they are extra weight and are free to move so they are there to put extra work on your stabilizer muscles. think about it. every slight non vertical movement you do gets exaggerated through chains which you then have to work extra hard to keep it balanced

It looks more professional. When done right, not like OP webm.

Powerlifting has to get over it's inferiority complex with regard to weightlifting.
It's like they say
>Manlet is a state of mind.

The point of chains is that the lift is heavier at the top than at the bottom.

When at the bottom the chains rest on the floor.
What at the top the chains are supported by the bar.

On bench for example, chains are for making the exercise more lockout specific.

Any respectable competition will have a bench with safeties.

Also, I have NEVER seen anyone drop the bar if they weren't either suicide gripping or using wrist wraps like in the OP webm.

Are wrist wraps bad? I use them because sometimes my wrist hurts a lot when I bench or do ohp.

>suicide grip
>nearly kills himself

hmm really makes me think

No if you're using them for a good reason (I use them for the same reason as you and it's not a form issue) but a lot of guys use them to egolift as the support does let you lift a bit more

This would not have happened with a machine.
Ban assault benchpress barbells

>he doesn't bench in the power cage with safety bars.

Yeah. I wonder why they call it the suicide grip. It's still a mystery up until this day. Guess we'll never know.

Spotters in comp are often volunteers ie not paid. Plus the safeties might get in the way of the side judges maybe?
I agree with you though safeties are better.

So legit is he dead?

probably. that fat bitch on the right should be hung. her own weight would pop her head out of socket anyway.

Yeah he had legit one person out of the three legitimately spotting him.

If he did die I wonder if any family pressed charges? OP give us sauce

>Plus the safeties might get in the way of the side judges maybe?
moreso than spotters? I don't know about that.

Ain't no gains goblins in the gym at 3am, son. Just dedicated people at that hour.

idk about others but for me safeties get on my way when im lifting, and if i put those down enough then they are no use.

>inb4 he bounces barbell of his chest

no i dont I just let it slightly touch and then stop it.

My wrist used to hurt. After I fixed my form they don't hurt anymore. Might want to check out form first and if your form is great and wrists still hurt then feelsbadman.

Why the fuck can't you hold onto 3 pl8? I know you have chains but holy shit why are there 3 spotters?

Check'd

This is the post of an idiot, suicide grip is banned in every powerlifting federation and every reputable coach or powerlifter says no suicide grip ever.

what the fuck are the chains for

to hang himself with if the bar doesn't finish him off

chains are for train one part of the movement with more weight. More or less weight, it depends if you are in the excentric or concentric phase of the movement

For bench only right? I suicide on shoulder press otherwise my wrists hurt

that isnt suicide grip tho

>not suicide grip
>no spotters ever are going to catch 400# freefall
>it's clearly not too much weight; he coulda done 3

good quality bars often have bearings that are too slick for bench press, and you'll have to work your wrists like a bike throttle to keep the weight under control. This shit happens; spotters can only help if it's not a catastrophic failure.

fucking dyel autists

Why even have spotters if they don't do shit?

This bothers me in my gym. Two benches and neither have any safeties.

> Can't afford to change gym. Fuu...

is he kill?