Bruh, look at this dude

bruh, look at this dude

wait till you see the f-

OHHOHO NO NO NO NO

EUGHHHHH

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOOK AT THEIR FUCKING COSTUMES

>everything was black

Was black even a common dye till recently?

Jet black wasn't but even the Egyptians had black, or extremely dark blue. The issue is more with those retarded studs.

How is it worse than most other shows about the Romans?

Romans wore red, stupid.

at this point i just assume that 99% of """"""""""armor"""""" is made of leather because normies will think it looks cool

[Citation neeed]

Is it time for shit costume design again?

>So this takes place in the early middle ages, how do we convey that to the viewer?
>I dunno, put mud on everybody's faces
>even the nobility?
>ESPECIALLY the nobility

We actually do not know what the Tunics color were.

The whole red bullshit s started by 19th Century niggers fappng to Julius Caesar. Who famously wore red.

Nothing makes me more angry than this meme for absolutely no reason. I must be autistic

This. Everybody knows that

That helmet look like an XL in a M head. Also, why is he using a parade helmet?
Leather lorica segmentata? What the actual fuck

That helmet looks almost exactly like a cheap plastic one I had as a kid, except mine was a mix of gold and silver

Is there a reason Hollywood just doesn’t do a extra call for Roman reenactors to stand in as extras? They’d probably do it for nothing, and you’d save on prop costs

>reenactors
>do it for nothing

No. Reenactors can be very expensive (at least, the ones worth employing are). There's also not many of them and most have regular jobs they can't just abandon to run off to do a film shoot for a few days/weeks.

Why isn't there still no fucking prop company that would rent authentic Roman and whatever gear for movie makers and shit? It's embarrassing to watch each and every shitty production using cheapest imaginable crap made out of plastic.

What is that stuff on the right even supposed to be? It looks like a coat of plates

>actually making an effort
Doesn't sound terribly profitable, goy

Ben-Hur 2016

You know prop makers use plastic because armour gets heavy after you've been wearing it for 12 hours a day for the last 3 weeks.

And it's pretty clear from the way the actors move that they're not actually carrying the weight of armor.

You can make plastic look more or less like metal if you have a good enough painter but this stuff literally looks like they bought it from a party store.

yes we know, plain white, yellow, blue, crimson red, etc. some colors were extremely expensive others were easily produced from common plants
also didn't Caesar wore purple?

>implying the Jews would ever let actual Roman dress be shown on film

>not knowing the Romans wore purple

You people make me sick.

user what am l looking at?

Not him but the picture he has posted depicts Late Roman clothing. The obvious differences are pants, long sleeves and longer swords.

I think hes talking about the swastika on that one fellows clothes, hes saying in I assume a joking way that the Jews are hiding Late Roman design choices out of fear of the swastika.

Throughout history almost all ancient civilizations loved bright colors. The Greeks, the Romans, the Vikings or the medieval Anglo-Saxons, all loved to live in a colorful world provided they could afford it.
Then something changed the enlightement and the western world started adoring drab grimdark garbage, giant grey monstrosities, unpainted statues and buildings, thinking bright colors are "kitsch" or "tacky". Walking through modern NYC feels like someone cranked the saturation slider all the way to the left. The rainbow even became synonymous with faggotry for fuck's sake! Why?