Conversion of Francia

Why was Francia converted to Christianity after England and by Anglo-Saxon missionaries such a St. Boniface?
Francia is closer to Rome so surely they'd be converted first and the missionaries would be from rome.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_mission
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're retarded right?

I fucking hate this board

I don't think so, but that doesn't really help.

Bump

St Boniface was helping convert the Saxons the Franks btfo and burnt down their gay tree, he wasn't converting Franks

>Francia is closer to Rome so surely they'd be converted first and the missionaries would be from rome.
That's a good question. It must have had to do with the people. St Patrick had been doing missionary work very early on in Christian history(my Latin teacher refused to credit him with "Irishness" and insisted he was Roman). The effort was in the isles early on, but it's hard to say why exactly it's people were more ready to accept Christianity.

His entire mission was to convert the Franks. Along with other Anglo-Saxon missionaries, their goal was to convert germania and francia

>St Boniface was born in 672 AD
>Clovis and Frakia was baptised in 508
You are retarded

>3 people is an entire national region.
Well done.

>Conversion of ruler=/=conversion of patrimonial state
GG

Exactly.

You do know that I was mocking you right? You know how patrimonial monarchy works? It's private property of dynasty. When dynasty converters then it cascades down upon monarchs vassals. And thos vassals get themsleves priests that converts pesants. And it works especially well when you have pockets of Christians alredy like it was in case of Francia. Diocese of Gaul did not ceased with Roman Empire. But Frankish nation was converted with conversion of Clovis. Of course not at once but with succeding Merrowings it was done. Before Bonifacy at least.
This is what children are thought in schools you fag. Or worse, American.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_mission
For reference as some here seem unaware of this occurrence

>Clovis
>not Chlodwig
wew

>You know how patrimonial monarchy works? It's private property of dynasty. When dynasty converters then it cascades down upon monarchs vassals
You're a fucking idiot if you think nominally a king's conversion means every single follower beneath him has accepted the faith. The faith isn't something that's nominal to begin with, it's something that is personal. You can call someone a Christian, but if they don't think they are or don't know the practices it doesn't matter. To begin with, there's not a significant Christian presence until a couple centuries after said date. To give an example, King Mindaugas of Lithuania told the Livonians he would Christianize in order to get the Livonian Order off his back so he could invade other territories. Which he did. If you'll take notice, you'll realize that is not the date of Lithuanian conversion. He only told them he was a Christian so he could expand, and there was no acceptance or implementation of faith. Nominally he's Christian so he was left alone. The true date of mass conversion doesn't occur for another century.
Drop another dumbass comment if you want some more schooling kid.

>But Frankish nation was converted with conversion of Clovis.
*,but the Frankish naion was convertion with the conversion of Clovis
>Diocese of Gaul did not ceased with Roman Empire.
*cease
>This is what children are thought in schools you fag.
*taught

And to clarify, I mean a decisive, pervasive majority when I say significant.

>You're a fucking idiot if you think nominally a king's conversion means every single follower beneath him has accepted the faith. The faith isn't something that's nominal to begin with, it's something that is personal. You can call someone a Christian, but if they don't think they are or don't know the practices it doesn't matter.
And I said: Of course not at once but with succeding Merrowings it was done
>History of Lithuania
I know about them. But we talk about Francia. Which had no such outside influences. Conversion of Poland would be closer, especially Little Poland which has pre 966 pockets of Christians from times of Cyril and Method

St Patrick wasn't Irish though, it's a well known fact

Didn't say it wasn't. I just said his Irishness was being divorced from his persons, which can be a result of naturalization.
>And I said: Of course not at once but with succeding Merrowings it was done
It was not.Read the second post.
>Which had no such outside influences
Um yes it was sweetie. The church was it's own social entity.

>It was not.Read the second post.
By time of Boniface it was. Google yourself Christinity in 600 AD
>Um yes it was sweetie. The church was it's own social entity.
With no armed forces in times of Clovis. On contrary even.

Bonifatius got the axe for chopping down holy trees. Had it fucking coming, cathocuck

stop being a cunt and just call it France, no one thinks your smarter for using Francia. Pussy

Is that why he worked exclusively in Saxony and Frisia, places not inhabited by Franks? You fucking melt

You must be retarded. France was already catholic when the anglos were all pagans.

Not Louis