Start out at 300 pounds

>start out at 300 pounds
>start eating right and working out
>lose down to my current weight of 220
>my current workout consists of A lot of cardio
>HIIT weightlifting
>small amounts of heavy weight weightlifting (5x5 or 5x3)
>still at 24% bodyfat
>only eating 1700-2000 calories a day
>TDEE says for maintenance I should be 3100 calories

Have I meme'd myself into skinny fat mode by not eating enough? My maxes have been the same for months now.

This is a recent picture of me. Skinny-fat does a pretty good job of describing my current situation.

Do you take protein shakes?

>take protein shakes

You mean drink them?

what else could it mean? lol

It's a plateau. There are billions of things you can do to break it, so it's really your choice in the end.

>intermittent fasting
>keto + carb refeeds
>carb cycling
>5/2 fasting
>EC stack
>2-week reverse dieting
>DNP (lol don't do this)

Use the archive and search for "plateau" in OPs.

Height?

6' 7"

Your maintenance is not 3100 at 220lbs. Did you count your exercise or put that you're active?

Lose more fat and lift harder.

You should look better at this weight then. Might just be a matter of not enough protein or your lifting program sucks.

That's not me (OP) I am 6'2

I've been doing intermittent fasting now for 2 months. I cycle 18 hours without food and eat 2 meals in a 6 hour period. It works great for losing weight, but I am not sure how it would be beneficial in toning up.

I included the workouts, but even without the workouts it's giving me a crazy high number for my TDEE. When I workout my muscles reach the point of exhaustion, I never work the same groups back to back and when I do cardio I normally do a mix of HIIT like sprints mixed with johs, or rowing

>6'2

When will manlet's learn.

6'2" 220 is about 2,400 per day. Just keep losing the fat and keep lifting.

I'm of course assuming your goal is weight loss since you started at 300lbs.

Is that picture you, or no? If yes seriously keep losing weight until the belly is gone then worry about strength.

Wtf? you are obese. Eat less you fucking faggot how could you think you are not eating enough? jesus christ kill yourself

Not to be rude, but pretty much this What he said is true, eat even less. You will eventually get skinny mode. If not, ask Jews.

Keep it the weight dropping until at least 15 percent body fat (be aware, abs won't show at all with your current muscles).

Once you are there, start hitting the gym with one of those strength meme programs, they work pretty well and will get you a pretty okish body.

Hope you make it user, it's all about eating less. Salut.

Ive been eating less, and it's working it's just I wanted to avoid skinnyfat mode. All you hear on fit it "lift while losing weight so you dont get skinnyfat" and it obviously isn't working for me. I went from fat to skinnyfat while lifting and doing cardio.

Hiit weightlifting ? The fuck ? So crossfit faggotry ? Try using some weights instead ?

>he doesn't know HIIT has been around well before crossfit

Honestly though are you skinny fat? Your BMI puts you at the upper range of overweight. You're 14 pounds away from being obese.

That's not skinny fat. Keep losing fat.

Not OP but everyone knows BMI is a horrible metric.

>tfw my best friend in high school was a 3x state champ in wrestling at 182lbs and he was called overweight

Dude had a 8 pack and looked like some of those old Greek statues, he was also a manlet.

OP is not that guy. Look at him. BMI is only shit for anomalies. It's fine for normal ass people. 6'2" 220lbs at 24% bf is not skinny fat.

>needing any of that bull shit to simply not be fat
Not going to make it

Well your only option seems to eat even less and stop doing cardio, just heavy fucking lifts. Your body will have to adapt. Also instead of your cardio you could start doing heavy farm walks, or a series of olly exercises so you force your body to put some muscles or at least retain them. Tho mind it, you won't look "firm" until you are 15% or lower.

Why would he eat less if he's trying to gain muscle? If anything he should just do everything the same minus the cardio.

If he cuts out the cardio, he may gain weight

but his problem isnt losing weight, its trying to not look fat/skinnyfat, its a tone issue.

Because he's fat. 6'2" 220 looking like that is fat, plain and simple. If he eats too much he might gain muscle and will retain that belly fat. But I have my doubts about how hard he's hitting the gym anyway.

He said he started out 300 pounds. He must have a decent level of commitment to have lost 80 pounds. I know for me going from skinny fat to being tone was harder than losing weight.

turn cardio into HIiT cardio
turn hiit weightlifting into bodybuilding after the
powerlifting/weightlifting 5x5 (as in add accesory work in the hypertrophy range, try get stronger in them to)

Maybe add a few refeeds in every few weeks, to spike your body thinking OWGOD I NEED TO SAVE THIS AND FUEL MYSELF, and thinks it will now recieve those high kcals again, but eating @ cut kcalories will make you lose again.

Commitment to eating less and doing cardio.

Do you think he looks like he's been lifting well for as long as it took to drop 60lbs?

Take your current daily caloric intake and subtract 500.

You now eat 1200-1500 per day. It's as easy as that.

user from another former fatty start weight lifting now. You will regret later on that you didn't. Believe me. My ass is pretty much only skin now because I was a retard and only did cardio + a big deficit.

Ignore these retards and only do a 25% deficit of your maintenance. Do 30% of you want to be safe.

Not doing it slower is the only thing I regret user. Take your time and do it right.

I'm still losing weight at my current 1700 calories a day, I see no reason in cutting my intake.

It's taken me 8 months to lose around 80 pounds. I can say the amount of muscle Ive had in these months has probably stayed the same.

Ur doing good, keep up the good work.

Ur bod isn't going to muscles while starving. IMO get down to 190, then eat at maintain.

"Bulking" is really for skinnyfags with shit appetites. You got plenty of appetite.

Seriously just keep at it. Lose the weight.

Maybe try a different lifting routine if you're that concerned, but you've made fantastic progress and should be happy and proud.

No you shouldn't be eating 3100 calories a day also you have to put your lean body mass into calorie calculators to get the correct results

>telling someone to get skinnyfat

Fuck that start bulking now

Hey OP, I'm in the process of losing a similar amount of weight.
I'm not positive because it's not like I can touch your skin, but because you're losing such a large amount of weight you may be running into issues with loose skin.
Obviously yours isn't excessive, but your body won't quickly look lean around your mid section because your skin is still adjusting to your smaller mass.
You've definitely hit a plateau like other anons have said, but you should also keep loose skin in mind when assessing your gains.

Just do 30-60 min a day of cardio at 150+

No, you can only continue getting stronger on a deficit for so long until you plateau. Remember those calculators are only rough estimates based on averages and don't take into account individual differences, macro composition, metabolic adaptation to dieting and 50 billion other things that affect your actual maintenance. If you are not getting weaker, are getting 1+ g/lb (of lean mass) protein and your weight and/or body fat is going down, then you are right on track.

Based on this picture , you should keep cutting until you have visible upper abs at the very least.

Ok thanks, I was thinking I was on the right track ( I know I am still fat and I also know I am not getting weaker) I just wanted to make sure I wasnt fucking up.

I dont really have an excess of loose skin currently.

What's 150+?

fart gayte

Is no one going to mention how he thinks he is 24% bodyfat??

oh yeah. haha, that guy is lame, not cool like us

My point was that a lower bodyfat percentage would mean more lean bodymass -> Higher calorie intake to maintain. If he used his real bodyfat it would tell him how many calories to actually eat.

I got a pair of calipers and I had me, my wife, and 3 friends measure my body fat and all 5 of the readings were between 23-25% body fat. Although I'll agree with you I think I look like a much higher percentage than that.

I am eating1700 calories a day which is the TDEE-500cal for a person my size who is sedentary and does 0 workouts

I'm sure that you, your wife and your 3 friends are all equally inexperienced with calipers.

It's always best to be conservative, I wish you good luck!

This is a good example of people who ate so little and did the weight loss, flat and still flabby because of lack of nutrients. Just eat more and lose weight from cardio.

How many of your friends fucked your wife before you took your measurements, and how many of them fucked her afterwards? I'm guessing all of them fucked her before because she was disgusted by all the help you had to call in for a simple measurement, and then they all fucked her again afterwards to help her deal with the shame of watching you pinch your fat body in front of your leaner friends.

Post your wife pls

It seems like everyone here is underestimating tdee.. I'm 5'10 180 and am losing 2 pounds a week eating 2300 calories a day

post pics im sure you are fat as fuck and closer to 200lb

kek

its possible you hit starvation mode

m8 you are still fat. I will spare you the trouble of meme posts. you're fat. lose more weight. once you're closer to 15%, then come back with this shit.

Are you assuming I'm lying or just don't know my own weight?