Be based Anglican

>be based Anglican
>increasingly upset at the sjw bullshit in the church

The other day at church some aging hippie boomer chick referred to the Holy Spirit as "her". Obviously this is some PC hippie cuck bullshit. But why exactly, theologically speaking, should the HS be specifically referred to as "Him"? I'm trying to formulate a good argument.

Help me defeat the forces of modernism Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_ordinariate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it shouldn't god is beyond gender.

>Based anglican
No such thing

God is male. HE create man in his own image. Then he crafted the woman from the rib of a man. God is male and men came first theologically. They should have to justify calling God female since they are the opponent of tradition.

he created mankind, look at the greek

What are the alternatives?
Papist heresy: unscriptural
Protestant heresy: invalid orders, fractured
Orthodox heresy: denies Filioque, and hence the consubstantiality of the Father and the Son.

That's the thing, in the Hebrew rauch "spirit" is feminine, and in Greek pneuma "spirit" is neuter. Only when using the word parakletos "helper" is it masculine.

Just go be in Communion with the Africans. They're on the same page

>based
>Anglican
Pick one and only one.

this
>BASED GLOBAL SOUTH SAVES CHRISTENDOM YET AGAIN

Spirit is a feminine noun in Aramaic, 'dove' which symbolizes it might also be in some languages.

convert to islam

The Holy Spirit is referred to as a "He", and God was always considered masculine by orthodox theology.

Additionally, it's silly to draw conclusions from grammatical genders. In my language, "spirit" is a masculine noun. Does that mean that all spirits are male? Humans have both spirit and soul, if you suggest that spirit is feminine, do you think that the spirit of all men is feminine? I see how an English-speaker could be confused by grammatical genders of nouns, but they're not relevant for things like that. "Fridge" is a masculine noun in my language, "chair" is a feminine one, these are meaningless things.

>denying heresy makes you heretical

You are a heretic, which is why you ha e been cursed with a small weewee.

Anglicanism is modernistic you moron.

>REEEEEEEEE HOW COULD GOD BE A FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMALEEEEEEEEE

The spirit is neither masculine or feminine.

>"He", "Father", walked among us as a male human, "Man" is the basis of creation, woman is the addition
>GOD IS A STRONG BLACK WOMAN

god is omnipotent retard, jesus could transform into fucking asa akira if he wanted

Jesus wasn't some shapeshifting entity like your anime heroes. God was born as a Man, that is the most crucial aspect of the life of Christ, that along with being fully God, he was also fully Man. Not merely in appearance, but in his nature. Suggesting anything different was officially deemed heresy some 1500 year ago.

>denying heresy
huh?

Yeah, no thanks, I'm not converting to an Arianist sect started by a pedophile warlord.

That's not the question you retard, the question is should the holy spirit be referred to as masculine.

>throws around the word "retard"
>doesn't even understand the meaning of his own statements

>"He", "Father" walked among us as a male human
>the Father is the Son

idiot.

These are the only right answers, sexuality is something for us humans, God is beyond, refering to God as him or her is just a human abstraction

>ommiting the comma I wrote
Did you always have comprehension issues or is that a recent thing for you?

t. New Ager

Fine:
>"He", "Father", walked among us as a male human

Still saying that the Father is equivalent to Jesus

The HS got Mary pregnant therefore it's male.

This is actually a decent argument

>increasingly upset at the sjw bullshit in the church
There are some conservative Anglicans (or splits like the Continuing Anglicans) but at this point you may as well just become a Catholic. The Catholic Church under Benedict XVI even set up the Anglican Ordinariate for Anglican converts who want to maintain Anglican traditions while joining the Catholic Church.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_ordinariate

Literal modalism.

>The pope is unscriptural but the king of England is completely fine

Because he's part of the god head and is even referred to as him(IIRC)

>Anglican

Wouldn't God had made it excessively clear if it had been important for us to know?

Spirit is feminine in Latin and Greek languages. food for thought. Obviously English doesn't differentiate nouns via gender.

The Holy Spirit is as much a person in the trinity as the Son and the Father.

The pope is scriptural.

Google "false prophet of mystery Babylon".

Why would God tell the same things to his children as he does to the children of the devil himself?

If you're going to let atheists and Muslims in, you may as well let Anglicans in.

Jesus was not conceived by sex but by power.

John 14:16

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides with you and will be in you.…

>The Holy Spirit in the bible being called Him. Will that settle the debate? Only time will tell!

there's not really any argument other than men were the leaders and most powerful during the writing of the bible. Anyone who argues against that is probably just butthurt they can't get a girlfriend

>the Bible was written in English

Believing God has a gender means you think that there must be more than one, which is HERESY.

>Anglican
Anglicans dont even take themselves seriously so why should i?

Tell her that you will refer to Him as he was referred by people who are smarter and had been involved in this religion for thousands of years.

what's your point? that only the greek bible is the authority and therefore only greeks are real christians?

>Be Anglican
>Bishop is an open poofter
Nice work Henry

>he doesn't know about the Holy Spirit being Sophia the divine female and caring mother.

HOW EMBARRASSING

it's the kind of argument that a six year old would put forward

>anglicans
>based
lol no

anyone who believes the authority of the pope and the Church stopped the moment they decided not to give Henry VIII a second divorce is a retard

>The Greeks did not have masculine pronouns.

That's how stupid you should feel right now.

Why? Humanity was made male and female, not divinity.

Anyone who believes the pope has any authority from heaven is delusional.