UK brahs how much do you usually spend on food per week?

UK brahs how much do you usually spend on food per week?

I'm looking at 15-20 pounds per week but I only have to buy Oats, Tuna and Eggs for myself. Everything else I just scam out of my Dads house.

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/spanish-lentil-soup-with-chorizo-139371
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends what shop you go to.
I have an Asda and an Aldi by me and I can quite easily get by on £20 a week. I usually buy meat from Aldi and get veg from Asda

About £40

I buy chicken from musclefood.com.. its £25 for 5kg, which is cheaper than all supermarkets per kg. Also the meat is better quality.

Other than that, I just buy frozen veg, eggs and rice for my daily diet. Bananas for snacks I dunno the exact cost but it isn't a lot.

Also aldi has 6packs of knock-off nature valley granola bars for 99p, but they actually taste better. I eat a lot of them. I'm a postman tho and need to energy due to fuckloads of walking.

But yeah, check out musclefood, good place to buy bulk chicken. The rest of the meat is pretty average price, but they have a massive selection of interesting stuff and often have good free item deals so I try to order when theres a promotion on.

£20 a week give or take from ALDI. It's hands down the best store for a Veeky Forumsizen. Cheap as fuark fresh meat, produce, eggs, milk

yeah but Aldi and Lidl have vile quality meat and veg.
They're like the Poundland of supermarkets.

>its £25 for 5kg, which is cheaper than all supermarkets per kg. Also the meat is better quality.

Iceland sells chicken breast for £5 for 1.5kg. That's much better value.

I get Lidl Chicken thighs all the time and they're fine. I agree though, the veg is a bit dodgy as there's not even a sell by date on them half the time.

It depends on what you are buying. Sandwich meat is awful, but the actual chicken breasts are good.
Same with the veg, you just have to try them to find which ones are good and which one are crap.

Yeah but frozen doesn't count because the quality is fucking horrendous and like 25% of the weight is water.

I can't speak for Lidl but that's a massive misconception about ALDI. Give them a try, spend like £10 of your shop on them, and if you don't like them, curse my advice and never go back

>sell by date on veg
Your senses should be an adequate judge of veg.
However if you want to know the sell by date just ask an employee to explain the LOT code for you, or work it out yourself.
It's week and day of the week so 4007 would be week 40, day 7

I just get frozen stuff now. Doesn't taste as good but it's cheaper and I end up throwing less of it away.

That hasn't been my experience at all, the chicken and beef mince in Lidl is really good. Veg seems fine too. Agree with that the sandwich stuff is very hit and miss - some of it is great but others are total shite.

I usually go to Lidl for the basics, and the pop by Sainsburys for the rest of the shit they don't have. £20 a week is about right

The funny thing with Muscle Food is that you'll regularly get emails offering deals like 'FREE 5kg chicken breasts if you spend £20". The company is mint.

You guys are lucky to have Muscle Food. We don't have anything that good in the US.

is muscle food chicken actually legit?
i usually buy 5kg from my local butchers, £23
halal bollocks though

Like £100, I eat out way too much

According to monzo, this month ive spent £77 on groceries this month, and £94 on eating out.

Wheres the cheapest place to buy /sips/?

Not even memeing

I'm american so things are a bit cheaper here. I probably spend around £12 or around $15 american dollarydoos.

For reference 1lb of chicken costs around £1.5, and eggs are around 40 pence

A dozen eggs are around 40 pence. And the chicken breasts cost £3.4/kg

If you are able to go to a Cash&Carry you are golden, but usually either ASDA or Sainsburys have them on a £1 deal.

I spend way too much on ready meals and candy.

Where do you guys buy pinhead/steel-cut oat? I've seen only 3 websites selling it.

Is any meat besides chicken thighs worth its price?

BEANS
E
A
N
S

LENTILS
E
N
T
I
L
S

>Cheap as fuck

I'm a live-with-parents-manchild and get breakfast and dinner doen for me, I still spend at least £25 a week on lunch and coffee

Most of Iceland's chicken is from Poland though. its not as good quality as UK chicken.

I'm polish but on vacations I go to UK to work in shit-job at starbucks to get some money for my studies. That's the time when I eat the best quality foods, always trying to buy organic shit in shops, or straight from local butchers/fisherman. So basically I'm paying there
>rent
>high quality food
>gym membership
One or two times I go on big shopping spree and buy a shit ton of clothes just to not have to do it for whole year. And I still am able to bring back money home to don't have to go to work here so I can focus on my studies (which gives me subventions from my uni).
So my point is- if you're living in UK you've got no fucking right to say you can't afford your good quality diet. Just stop going to fucking pubs and pay for overpriced drinks
>tfw drink in UK have a 0,2 alco shot instead of normal 0,5 shot in Poland
When i finally went to the pub with some english friends they were shocked that everything that I drinked was a double-drink

Really good quality. Doesn't shrink and tastes good.

Lidl fruit and veg is awesome, cheap and always fresh.

Aldi is the offender. Their fruit and veg is always half rotten and the whole place smells like shit.

Oats are much cheaper in Lidl than other places too. I recommend it if your on a tight budget.

>buying from muslims
just wait for another terror attack on easter faggot

100-150 a week likely.

Where the fuck are you getting a dozen eggs for 40p?

>beginning of term
£120

>end of term
£15

Not be to an dick or anything, but what is with Polish/Eastern European fashion? Specifically jeans, Polish women seem to wear these very tight distressed blue jeans and puffer jackets nearly across the board. I've always been curious.

M8 you answered your own question. Its called fashion. Its like UK fuckbois and their uniform of long drop t-shirts and black skinny jeans. Although the polish have worse fashion sense then the Brits so they just all follow each other and have no unique styles.

Is there any reason I couldn't live off of chicken, brown rice, kidney beans and brussel sprouts for the rest of my life? This seems like a concoction for cheap gains afaik, also take a multivit

I suppose you are right. I was just thinking that thanks to US soft power and global culture, fashion appears more singular. A woman in Paris looks much the same as one in New York or Glasgow. But Poles over here seem to have such a distinct look. I thought it could be due to those moving here were perhaps linked in a socioeconomic class, maybe like a English chav or an American redneck.

About £30

Buy most of my stuff from Lidl and get a couple of other bits from Asda and my local butcher.

Postie brah. Calf gains for days

Shit atrophied taste buds detected. Lidl and aldi are in the same tier of crap.
If you're killing yourself in the chicken broccoli diet go for it. But their veg is definitely crap.
The most obvious example is tomatoes. Buy some of the posher ones and compare the raw taste. Ill never buy even mid range tomatoes knowing the difference.
It also lasts a lot longer you buy better veg

>yeah but Aldi and Lidl have vile quality meat and veg.
Spoken by someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
Aldi is routinely listed at the top of every fresh produce list in terms of quality and taste tests.
Sainsburies and Waitrose are marginally better in my experience but they're approximately 2-4x the price.

I love people like you though, you keep the prices down for the rest of us.

>A dozen eggs are around 40 pence.
Do you live in a cave next to chicken coops?

This. You just know that user voted pro Brexit and Google what it is the next day.

Bump

I buy 2 - 4 heads of broccoli, 3 - 5 yellow onions, 6 tomatoes, 6 cans of kidney beans, and 2 bags of frozen chicken breasts. All of which totals at about £17, though it's been a while since I counted. My grocery list was a bit different before I moved.

Can confirm. The frozen chicken breasts I buy shrink a bit more than what I consider acceptable after roasting, but they're cheap and a decent source of protein, sooo...

As long you're taking supplements like vitamin D, calcium, magnesium, etc., yes, you can live off of them.

food.com/recipe/spanish-lentil-soup-with-chorizo-139371