How much weight does Veeky Forums think the average guy can bench press?

How much weight does Veeky Forums think the average guy can bench press?

For the first time? Unironically 1/2 plate

Yeah say the average guy ends up in a gym and tries to do a 1 rep max bench how much do you think they'd lift

Average manlet probably 1 plate and average guy over 6 feet tall probably like 95lbs

95lbs for 7 reps

factoring in all the people above 30-40 that don't lift at all it's below 1 plate, no matter what memes Veeky Forums will tell you

For one rep, between 40 and 60kg if they are an average build.
Less for skeleton, more for a big built or really fat guy.

I mean guys between like 20 and 30 years old

Even the average guy who's in there 20s can't bench 1 plate

I meant 0.5 plate

I could bench that at 16 easily at 6'1 wtf

This.
>be friends with manlet in highschool
>had weightlifting class together
>he was weaker than me on every lift except bench

The bar.

>Poorfag with no food
>Can barely bench 1pl8
>Sole goal is to maintain 1pl8 bench until I get more money.
Tell me senpais? What's it like to lift 2pl8

>tfw 5'8" and benched 205 for 4 reps my first day in the gym

naw most guys can do 1x5 at 1pl8
its a pride thing, i don't think their bodies will let them do less

No you couldn't

6'1 230 lbs, took me a year for 2pl8 after that, for reps ofc

it feels like i went to the gym 3 days a week for 2 months
two plate is literally entry level

Most sedentary non lifters max out at around 80 if from Auschwitz - 125 if big when they first start I've found
Obviously men who do labor or other things that might promote strength start out way higher.

wow wtf is with everyone in here
i'm 5"8' 170lb and I got to 2pl from 1pl in 2 months

> 50kg (110lbs)

>t 15 year old who did push-ups on a scale and hypothesises that he could do 225 based on that

I don't have a spotter so I get scared to increase senpai lmai kms

This also 5'8"

Just use safeties or work in with someone who will spot you user

My dad bought me a home gym but not rack just a golds gym bench press but he's a truck driver now so I'm home alone or with my mom who can't spot me for shim can't wait to move out or get a job senpai

What's a decent bench after a year of lifting?

Seems like 5'8"is master race. I benched 315 after 7 months in the gym and I know taller guys still struggling with 250lb bench who've lifted way longer

>tfw lie about everything

A year? No man I bench 205 for 5 reps and its been 3 months

A whole 12 months you should be benching 250

120 kg

Progress is progress the only thing that matter is that you're happy with the improvment you've made.

a "year" of lifting
or a year of dedicated lifting 5 days a week (depending on your split) with a proper diet?

Would say the same

185/75kg, first time I could do lmao1pl8 for reps

This average comes from what I'd expect the aggregate of fatasses and skellies to be

Good point. I can max 255 after about 9 months of half ass lifting and 3 months of serious lifting

Im 6'2" and benched 100kg for 1rm after 2 weeks. Dunno if that's good or bad but I think the answer is: nobody knows the answer

You are all talking about bench weight without relation to bodyweight, and that's retarded.

yeah if you are like 100+ kg yourself.

Personally i find BW bench a good milestone for 6-12 months of liting, and i currently find myself at 1.2BW bench, aiming for a 1.5BW bench in the future.

To answer OP, most normal bodytype guys won't even bench 30kilos, or at least that's where i started. Athletes (rugby players, etc.) and big guys in general start higher but i doubt that anyone that does bench for the first time can do more than 1pl, unless really big or talented for it, and that's mostly because form will suck ass

Been lifting for 3 months and I bench 205 for 3 and I weigh 180lbs. I thought I was a weakling till I read these posts