Last thread hitting near max replies, so here's the new one

Last thread hitting near max replies, so here's the new one.

What dog does Veeky Forums have? I wan't to get one but have no idea what breed, uk if it matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What exercises can I do to fix forward head posture, I look like a fucking chicken

youtu.be/LT_dFRnmdGs
Also just conscientiously keep your head up and back to it becomes habit.
If you also need to fix shoulder posture add 3x20 facepulls to your routine, don't go too heavy and you want to feel the burn in your posterior deltoid.

Got some preworkout coming today lads, holding off on working out till it arrives hoping to up my max rep by 5-10
am I stupid, if so why? I'm not tolerant to stimulants at all so should respond well to it

Preworkouts should mostly increase your work capacity and endurance not muscle strength, eg. instead of adding 5kg you will have the energy to do another set, but more work more gains so yea you will lift heavier in the long run

sweet I only plan on using it every other day for 1-3 months (depending on gainz) should I worry about tolerance buildup I went for C4 preworkout

injured left arm
is it okay to just work on right arm for a few months?(say 6 - 12, its kinda serious) will the unevenness be too noticeable?

I have a Jack Russel, Dachshund and a corgi German shepard mix.
They're all solid dogs but dogs take alot of work.

If you have been taking creatine don't expect a direct strength increase. The most basic pwo ingredients aka beta-alanine, citrulline malate and taurine mostly increase vasodilation(citrulline) increase carnosine saturation and decrease lactic acid buffering (beta-alanine and taurine in synergy) so it's mostly for a good pump and increase in endurance and somewhat better recovery/gains.

I don't think you can build up a tolerance to things like that, either way every other day wont build up an increase.

a few months difference is quite a lot, it would be worse to lose strength in both arms though, you could try lighter weights with one arm just to try and maintain.

I'm willing to put in the work, i really desperately want one, i keep seeing them everywhere ever since, is it worth it user?

I haven't been on anything no creatine no whey no bcaas nothing, so I'm going from 0mg of creatine to 1000mg

optimal creatine amount is 3g a day, and no you cant become resistant to it. With only 1g every 3 days im not sure you will notice too much of a difference if at all.

are there any powders I should mix in with the preworkout if I'm at the beginner level? like should I buy some creatine?

Bit more creatine wouldn't go amiss, but i would reccomend taking 3g a day regardless of your preworkout instead of mixing. make sure its creatine monohydrate which is the pure form rather than one with loads of other shit in it.

alright I'll pick up some creatine, so 3g a day even when I'm getting 1g from the preworkout so on preworkout days have 4g total?

Yea there is no harm in having too much creatine, it will just get pissed out and waste some of your money, i guess you could get down to 2g per day when you take preworkout but when the amounts are that low there is more room for error in the measurements

alright man thanks for all the help

In an SS routine, I know to do accessory lifts after the main compound lifts. Does the same matter for pullups/dips?

I do all my sqauts ATG and I do have a little bit of butt wink. This hasn't really been a big problem so far because I'm not using a huge amount of weight yet (3x10 75kg max after slowly working my weight up each warm-up). But I can feel it in my lower back when I go up. It's just the muscles though and I feel nothing in my spine or something. My question is if I should just build a solid base of strength for my lower back by doing lighter weight squats and deads before I go really heavy in the future, or should I start squating less deep?
My hamstring flexibility is quite good btw so I don't think there is a lot of room for improvement there (I have been doing gymnastics for years).

It's worth it. You must take leadership. One master in the house. That's how it works. One person must be designated to feed and walk the dogs. The dogs then know who the boss is. That's how you reap the benefits. You get in what you put out. Be stern, but fair and don't forget to love them.

yes, even more so for pullups/dips because these are quite taxing so do them between your compounds and your accessories.

do you still end up being stern with them even after years of training and stuff?

Stretch abductors, try a wider stance, add in weighted back hyperextensions. Prioritize form over weight, don't mess yourself up.

What do you mix creatine in? Will just water do?

mix it with water and it tastes like fucking sand.
mix it with any other drink, and that drink becomes sandy.
its a lose/lose situation so just chug it down however you can.

oh, dont mix it with anything fizzy; it bubbles up.

>pullups/dips
Thank you for the feedback, user.
>compounds -> pulls/dips -> accessories
Got it.

Okay, thank you.

How come I can deadlift 117.5 kg for 5 reps but when I go to deadlift 120 kg I can't even get the bar off the ground? Is it just a mental issue?

yes and no, try mixed grip to get it off the ground then switch back to double overhand once mentally you know you can do it.

Do I need to take rest days for more low-impact workouts? I've started walking 6+ miles a day, for the last week, outside of my regular routine to help burn calories for my cut and I'm unsure of whether I should take a rest day or not for it.

your muscles wont, your tendons,ligaments and joints might, especially if you are currently overweight

I ease it off over time once they're fully trained. Best course of action to be honest. Dogs are loyal creatures and god have mercy on anyone who fucking dares enter my backyard. They would rip them to shreds. I want that protection in my life. Also pic related are my doggos

are sports drinks like powerade or something a meme or a scam or do they actually work?

>rip them to shreds
>protection
LOL I love dogs too brah, but that aint happening with those runts. I guess the barks will alert you though

Nothing but sugar, water, and artificial flavoring. Drink water and water alone.

unless you're an olympic athlete then they're over kill.
but if you're set on making the most of your fluid intake use hydralyte. its much more effective ,but not too often or your sodium levels will go through the roof.

Can I do more than 30mins of cardio to drop BFP without losing my gains? Will the body start getting rid of fat before muscle?

Nothing gets those natty olympic gainz like electrolytes

A :
squat
bench press
rowing

B :
squat
overhead
deadlift

I heard push press helps a lot improving overhead performance.
Where should I add it? In A, B or both?

dont bother, if you want to lower your bfp do HIIT cardio its better than grinding out for 30 mins

gonna start looking for sellers and picking a breed, thanks user and nice dogs

Stick it on A, also if those are in the order you do them i would suggest doing deadlifts first on B, and maybe add a few accessories its quite an empty routine.

stick it on A, go heavy but slow on the way down, focus on just controlling it slowly, maybe think of it like a negative OHP
as someone that used to walk for 4 hours a day 5 days a week, yes definitely. I'm not sure how far 6mi is
try taking a week off deadlifting, do other exercises though

Am I just genetically disadvantaged with legs? I hit them 3 times per week, first lift, form on point and yet they are slow to gain strength in, I only do 80kg squats for 5 reps where as I bench 80kg, row 100kg and deadlift 140kg. I have no idea why my squats are lagging behind, all my other lifts are going up, bench, row etc. I'm eating enough and sleeping enough but that doesn't seem to work. I hear how people start straight squatting 100kg in like a month and increase with 5kg each time but I'm lucky to increase 2.5kg after a week. Thanks for the help.

left tricep tendon hurts during the eccentric of ohp. this also happens during the negaticlve of dips. i can hear the tendon moving over the olechranon. what do?

what sets, 3x5, 5x5?
got a form video?
how tall are you?
are you grinding out the last few reps?
lowbar highbar?
are you doing any heavy cardio/walking alot?

>that belly

she'll never make it.

Does it matter how you take creatine? Some retards keep saying that you need to take it with warm water as it needs to dissolve but I just chug it down with normal cold water.
I mean it dissolves in your stomach anyway right as long as I take it.

Is it bad is I'm doing 8x3 or more when the routine says that it should be done 5x3?

I feel like there's still some gas left in the tank when I'm doing 5x3, but not enough to increase the weights (especially not on ohp).

Pic related

I actually like it

I tried using mixed grip but i still couldn't lift it.

tendon injuries are no joke, you probbably have microtears already.
RICE it and take care.

you mean eight sets of three?
I think you need to rethink your routine unless this is advanced progression on higher weights. either way post your program ill have a look.

Forgot pic. It's Justin Lascek S&C program + light accessory work.

If you can only squat 80 but can deadlift 140, something is fucked.
Your form must be terrible.

>you mean eight sets of three?
Yes, this is for main compounds tho. I'm still progressing on a week basis.

I recommend just getting a stray, not some breed, strays live longer and healthier lives, no special food needed either. Have a friend who's gone through the passing of 2 or 3 dogs(bred) while mine has lived healthily for the whole time.
>pic related, my doggo

Any tips for correcting knee caving in a low bar squat? My weighted warm ups feel good but when I get to my work sets my knees come on on the ascent. I've tried working with a band but it didn't really get me anywhere.

if your struggling to get it off the floor you need to practice getting it off the floor.
do 3x5 / 5x5 deficit deadlifts
start with 50% of your working weight and work your way up to when the bar starts to slow down

to deficit deadlift you are just gonna load up the bar like normal but you are going to stand yourself on a plate or two to raise yourself higher than normal compared to the bar. be super careful about your form, film it every time.

give me your numbers

are there not problems with strays like training issues eg biting, not housetrained? what would be a good age for a stray and where did you get yours, if your in the uk?

you need to force your knees outwards, really really try to push them out and deload till you get perfect form

I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback that goes everywhere with me. Pic related is him in my work truck with me today.

Get whatever dog you want, stray, AKC champ bloodline, mutt, whatever.

Get them young enough and you can mole any dog into a placid slovenly whore-hound who approaches hot chicks on command and breaks the ice for you by knockinthem down and dragging them over to you.
>"I'm so sorry, haha, I guess he likes you and thought I would too. Tee here he's right. Good boy!"

50kg ohp, 78kg bench, both for reps, both plateaud on previous ss (started this routine last week)

Anyone use powerlift 3? Are they as good 2?

that routine is not gonna do anything special for your lifts, if you really have plateaued i suggest switching to 5/3/1 or texas method. even if you dont want to switch the whole thing up definitely switch bench to 3x5 and for ohp im gonna paste a progression thing for u:

>Basically they trained at mostly around 85% for 1-3 reps, at 6-12 sets with rest typically lower than you're used to at around 2min, across 3 (minimum) to 5 max days per week and tested max every 1-4 weeks before adjusting max to reflect the new weight.

>A typical routine from the pre-roid era that was recommended by the British Amateur Weightlifting Association for an intermediate:
>150lbs/67.5kg max press
>110 x 3x3
>120 x 3x3
>130 x 3x2
>140 x 3x1
>[Feel free to simplify to 70/80/85/90-92%]
>3xweek
>Source: 'Bodybuilding' by John Barrs

Is it normal to bench less than your squats and deadlifts?

LOL yes

very normal

Sooo keep a long story short my lower back is fucked from an injury in the past and I don't want to lose my squat and deadlift PRs, sooo what excercises can I do that will help keep my PRs once my lower back feeling better

Asked this last night but fell asleep and didn't see the replies.

What are Veeky Forumss thoughs on Layne Nodtons PHAT training?

I have a Gamper a red pitbull an English bulldog and a viszla

if its still recent don't touch it, its better to lose your pr's than be a cripple forever.
Otherwise you could replace squats with leg press temporarily.
For keeping your deads pr im not sure its possible if your avoiding using your back but possibly, try heavy chest supported rows, as heavy as you can go, so its using a lot of your back, lats and arms, just like a diddly.

useful if you want strength, aesthetics & >3 days per week in the gym

>pitbull
>bulldog
ever had any issues?

>Came here to ask this question as well

But muh lifts how else am I suppose to get Veeky Forums gf, but anyways shiet man I guess I'm losing PRs once it's feeling better should I start off SS or do my normal routine, does it depend how much I could still lift

Jack Russell would probably be best. They're small but energetic so they can live in a small house but love to go for walks and runs. They're pretty smart when it comes to training too.

When I do biceps curls above my usual weight I feel a pain in my forearms, specially the bone on the outside, just below the elbow. Is this normal or am doing wrong?

don't do ss the progress is wayyy to fast for someone coming out of an injury, i don't know what your normal routine is. either way once you have recovered form must take priority over ALL. your physio / doc or whatever may tell you to avoid diddlys or squats afterwards, better safe than sorry. either way you can see how well it recovers and dont worry about it, deadlifts are the most efficient exercise for hitting loads of different muscles, doesn't stop you hitting them all separately though

possibly the tendon, ice it after every session and progress slowly, tendons take a lot more time to get stronger than muscles do

I've been doing SL for about a month and a half now, and have been incorporating some upperbody excercises (barbell curls, tricep pushdowns, lateral raises, and lat pulldowns). Should I include anything else? Am I hitting all the major muscle groups?
What ab exercises should I be doing?

swap lat pulldowns for pullups
swap tricep pushdowns for dips
get to 3x8 then + weight and do 3x5

if you cant do either of them, do negatives till you can

keep the curls and lat raises, add plank 3x1min &or ab roller 3xwhatever for abs.
add possibly another curl variation 1x a week (hammer curls?)

What muscle group should I work out today? First reply is what I'll do.

>please not legs, I did them yesterday.

leg day

i recommend hip thrusts

What is worse for your knees - Low Bar (wider stance) or High Bar (narrow stance) Squat?

What intermediate program to do if I want to avoid a big chest? It seems like everyone wants to have titties bigger than their girlfriend and look like early Arnold Schwarzenegger, when I just want the opposite of that. I want a wide chest and developed serratus, not man tits.

Last question girls like in pic won't laugh at my lifts when I start again will they.... I mean I'm injured r-right??

Still no lifting gf

> I want a wide chest
>What intermediate program to do if I want to avoid a big chest?

its not inherently bad for your knees, that said if you do struggle with knee issues avoid squats because they are not "good" for your knees either. If you actually have knee issues i would recommend you cycle instead.
>pic related

nobody has a ""wide"" chest, the width of someones body is usually lats and shoulders so work on your back and deltoids, eg diddlys, rackpulls, ohp, arnold press, heavy rows ect..

don't worry about gym slut stacy she wont have time to laugh at anyone she will be too busy getting the bench infront of chad to do her """""""exercises"""""""

Thank you, yes it was badly framed. I guess I shouldn't neglect bench press though and keep it as a compound exercise, right? Thinking about PPL right now like this for push day

4x5, 1x5+ bench press
3x8-12 overhead press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS 3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

*badly worded

my brain is scrambled eggs today

which flys are the best
dumbell or cable ones?

dont fly

upvote my friend :^)

Yes keep it, its good for arm strength, although you prioritize your ohp and do lighter sets of bench instead, which is common.

try them, some people use quite a lot of their triceps to get the weight up in front when using the cable machine, pick whichever one you can feel the burn the most. If you don't fancy trying both just do dumbbell

>>/r/eddit

I've been drinking the ones without sugar at work because I sweat a lot and I don't want the sugar.

The blue one tastes pretty good

Creatine before or after the beach?

What do I have to do to get like Rick?

doesnt matter

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619

Does casein actually fill anyone up, at least for a short period of time? If so what brands do you use?

I've tried ON casein and I tried Nutrabio's Matrix(55% iso, 45% casein) and neither really fills me up.

the most important thing if you're going through puberty is your diet, for height

eat healthy and work out, dont do intermittent fasting; I would recommend a lot meat and greens

genetics and nutrition are your most important height factors, take advantage of the window you have now

I do weak on monday, medium on Wednesday, and strong on Friday.
Is it better to take 2 rest days over Saturday and Sunday or do strong on Saturday and take 2 rest days over Thursday and Friday?

2nd

Oh my bad I meant medium on Monday weak on Wednesday strong on Friday
But I should do strong on Saturdays instead?

Is reps with 315 barbell shrugs without straps good?

Definitely, especially when I use it in protein fluff

MyProtein

DBs are easier if you're new and don't know the correct path. Cables are superior once you know what you're doing.

No, that's less than I squat/diddy after 10 months

no leave as is