Whats a good unbiased version of American history?

Whats a good unbiased version of American history?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/136182100
amazon.com/Dont-Know-About-History-Anniversary/dp/0061960543
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is none.
The American POV is lulz-tier and no one else really cares enough to try.

t. insecure europoor

Prove me wrong? I'm not sure if there's even been a foreign perspective on the ACW, unless Marx and Engels counts

We wuz brits n shit and then we defeated the brits and then we colonized more land and then fought ourselves and then we manifested our destiny then fought two world wars and then gave freedom to other people and were cool and stuff

>randomly bringing up Marx
yeah, thanks for proving me right. Fuck off lefypol

No such thing as unbiased. The fact that you ask this indicates that you are a brainlet. Lrn2 Peter Novick.

>history
>unbiased
Categorically Impossible

>Unbiased source of American history
to be unbiased about American history is to not learn American history because it's unsignificant and boring as boring goes, it's very forced, the only interesting events are the war for independence and the civil war.

I'll tel you.

>genocide
>treason
>war
>war
>war
>war
>jews
>oil wars
>trump

>Unsignificant

By that I'm guessing English isn't your first language, which also destroys your claim that American history is insignificant. Whether for better or for worse, America reshaped the entire future of humanity and forged an entire super power of a Nation that would dominate the entire globe Geo politically and economically in 200 years. Maybe it seems "unsignificant" to you, but no matter where in the world you live right now your life is heavily influenced by American culture, and our history is far more remarkable and interesting than western European history from 1300-1700, prove me wrong

Which, might I add, is a period of time longer than our existence as a nation

this OP, just read about it from the perspective of different ethnicities and come up with your own ideas

american history is written almost entirely by americans

>and our history is far more remarkable and interesting than western European history from 1300-1700, prove me wrong

This must be joke.

Nothing is unbiased, but if you're looking for something entertaining and informative try Oliver Stone’s Untold History of the United States.

>bunch of peasants defeat one of the most powerful empires ever and make thier own nation
>nation goes into become one of the most successful nations ever in its relatively short history
>21st century. Gets mocked by jealous European former commie states and third world snake pits
>despite that they cry for help whenever Russia comes knocking while also saying America shouldn't be in other people's business

>informative
> Oliver Stone
Pick one

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

All authoritative history about America is written by Americans, so good luck finding anything unbiased. 99% of Europeans don't care about American history and the 1% who do just read American sources.

>Prove me wrong? I'm not sure if there's even been a foreign perspective on the ACW, unless Marx and Engels counts
You mean excepting some of the principle europoor writers and generals of the day?

You want Cecil Chesterton's history of the united states.

Here's a link to the first part
vimeo.com/136182100
Unfortunately it only seems to cover the near modern history from WW2 onwards.

You don't want this, OP. It's hackwork. Read or Wilson

just lol, what butthurt shitskin wrote this screed. amongst one of many stupidities:
>cuba
>free and strong to this day

Well I got nothing else to do right now so might as well how it is.

must suck to brown

I've only read What Hath God Wrought of the Oxford's History of America, but it was only slightly biased towards the Whigs, might as well go with them

Hey, buddy, English isn't American, and wasn't spread by America.

>all my empire of liberty did was destroy democratic governments to prop up the absolute monarchy in the middle eastern cold war and people look at me like a bad guy
Boo fucking hoo.

I read "Don't Know Much About History" before I took AP US in high school, it seems like a solid start, though not a college level read

amazon.com/Dont-Know-About-History-Anniversary/dp/0061960543

>the
lol as if the other world powers haven't made us appear like a saint

>i mean, we might have committed atrocities in the name of propping up a dictator, but russia also committed atrocities in the name of propping up a dictator!
woah

Despite the clear bait this is very unspecific to US besides trump

Name one?

>he thinks that picture is of an american

Goldwin Smith?