/Architecture/

Post architecture in a historical style, no modern architecture please although recent buildings in a historic style is fine

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15032732
athosfriends.org/PilgrimsGuide/planning/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>recent buildings in a historic style is fine

Step aside, plebs.

>no modern
booooo

>kitsch
eewwwww

people lived here one day

l u s o

>sour grapes

Does anyone know of any pre ww1 building with recessed balconies?

kitsch is a bloody disgrace

Recently restored :^)

Fucking Niemeyer ruined everything

shame about the panel, looks like it was drawn by special needs kids
also the colors

good thing that they restored it though

Gentlemen, it is from this humble edifice in London that all the governments of the world are covertly run

the masonic temple? I have to admit, their buildings are good

round doors are not very practical

>tfw no triumphal arch

Can a humble B*lk*nite post here?

no macedons pls

Imma do it anyway

Important poll
strawpoll.me/15032732

Why are columns and arches so pleasing to the eye?

Of course

I think you're refering to FYROMites, pic related is Macedonia

>>The arch inscription reads, in Latin: “This American monument was built to commemorate all peaceful accomplishment since the birth of Jesus Christ in the year of our Lord, MM."

I love it

Mount Athos is one of the most aesthetic places I've ever seen. It's what I imagined Constantinople actually looked like, just much more crowded.

Posting a bunch of pics of it

it's a beautiful inscription, may it serve as a precedent for other people to build arches celebrating peaceful achievements

This is incredible, i've always wanted to go, how hard was it to get permission? Are you Orthodox?

Sorry to disappoint, user, but these are just pics I saved from Google, and I never went there.

Though, IIRC from what I read when I was searching for images, it really isn't that difficult to go there. I'll see if I can find some info

built in the 21st century

oops
wrong pic

This should help you out:

athosfriends.org/PilgrimsGuide/planning/

Byzantine churches are so comfy they make me wanna be a monk.

It's always been on my bucket list, I'm just a little weary, kinda like, walking through a dangerous city at night, but instead of pickpockets and gangs, judgemental and suspicious monks.

you're already a virgin anyway, go for it

integrating parking on row houses is not easy

>kinda like, walking through a dangerous city at night,

What are you gonna do, convert me!?
- Quote from man converted

and the gold shot of a detail in it
it's orgasmic

The viceregal lodge in Simla in the foothills of the Himalayas

I wouldn't call it kitsch, but it does look really weird. The classical columns clash with the really modern looking windows. I feel that if they switched the columns to a more recent style, like, say, Art Nouveau, it wouldn't look as out of place.

You're debating the integrity of FYROMite LARP as if however they try to look more antique they wont always fuck up. Look up Skopje 2014, pic very much related.

oh fug

Hey pff bro wait till you sssfs see PFFT-
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Sam Vaknin, a former adviser to Nikola Gruevski, has stated that the project is not anti-Greek or anti-Bulgarian, but anti-Albanian. In an interview, he said "Antiquisation has a double goal, which is to marginalise the Albanians and create an identity that will not allow Albanians to become Macedonians."[13]The project, however, later included depictions of ethnic Albanians in the monuments including Nexhat Agolli,Josif Bageri, and Pjetër Bogdani, as well as others on the Art Bridge, and includes the construction of Skanderbeg Square.

>only anglo Germanic building

any BUILDING or do you specifically mean for apartments?

if the former then recessed balconies are super common since ancient times all over the world...

i'm assuming you mean apartments though which was supposedly an innovation of 18th century Paris due to overcrowding, most of those apartments were really dilapidated by Haussmann's time though and were thus demolished when they rebuilt the city

Look at the thread idiot

Any building example would be good but i mostly mean apartments. Not arcades, not loggias

I have not even seen them in haussmannian buildings

I guess the Nordics really can take credit for everything then huh?

a loggia is quite literally a recessed balcony. the picture you posted would be considered a loggia. what are you trying to mean?

also did you read what I said? Haussmann demolished them, they were a symptom of overcrowding.

Antique architecture is constructed according to the golden ratio, which is a very appealing one.

Then post examples pls
Loggias as i understand are bigger and not individual

I simply cannot find examples of this small reversed balconies for apartments of then

Ely Cathedral

based Greeks

The old coin minting (?) building of Berlin before it was torn down in 2012

Ascoli Piceno

Hungarian Art Noveau.

Architecture thread, therefore obligatory Neogothic Villainous Lair of Evil Hungarians.

Why did they tear it down?

I cant find much info about it because its all in german (it had a long name if I recall) but i think it was abandoned for a while so they built over it with either new apartments or a commercial building