Can we talk about keto? I started today with keto and the problem I encountered is that "most" good keto food (high fat...

can we talk about keto? I started today with keto and the problem I encountered is that "most" good keto food (high fat, low protein, no carbs) is highly processed shit like sausages. what on earth am I suppose to eat? I cant live of butter and nuts.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/safest-source-of-b12/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I cant live of butter and nuts.
Doesn't sound like keto is for you.

Was one of the many reasons I avoided keto. I recently started again and I'm taking it a bit more custom and a bit less serious.

Bacon in particular is pretty much the unhealthiest processed meat there is, and ketofags fucking love it. They also eat way more red meat than I deem reasonable for someone like me who lifts every day or two.

Most of what I'm eating is simply veg now and I'm mostly trending towards ketosis as a result (currently less than 50g carbs/day). Things I eat a lot of-

Low/lactose free dairy like Kefir, Quark, Skyr, genuine greek yogurt, etc.
Fish, chicken, turkey.
Veg, veg, veg. I cut back on beetroot, sweetcorn, peas, sweet potato etc but otherwise I'm eating a lot more veg than I was before. This is 90% of any good diet for me.
Nuts & Seeds- I buy in bulk on naturalchoice and other sites and get cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax, brazil nuts, macadamias etc

So far the only thing I miss is more oats and dried fruits but I'm getting enough and customising keto enough that I'm still eating all food groups regularly.

I'd also say up your cheese intake, it's the peanut butter of the keto world- great for bulking. Low lactose cheese like cottage, feta, goats etc are great

dairy, meat, fish, nuts, vegetables, nuts, eggs. basically dairy, meat and nuts will be things you'll be consuming the most. not including leafy greens because that doesn't really matter.

almost all nuts have tons of carbs. hazelnuts in small doses may work.

i lost close to 40 pounds on paleo which is more forgiving than keto. But it seems like its not enough to get below 12% BF. I need to lose between 5-10 more pounds to be under 10% and I havent lost a pound in like 3 weeks

Melt cheese over your vegetables.

I like to fast for a day to kick my body into ketosis.

100g of most nuts has less than 20g carbs, don't talk out of yer shitter

Also eggs are pretty much the perfect food for keto.

This. Adjust your expectations user. Meat, offal (important), eggs, butter, some nuts. is all you need for maximum health.

on keto you only count true carbs and can safely subtract fiber from them

100g of peanuts have 16g of carbs and 9g of fiber which essentially makes it only 7g of carbs

wow you can eat 100g of nuts. awesome

Meat: steak, bacon, pork, chicken in oil or butter, ground beef with mustard
Eggs: fried or however you like them
Fish: tuna, bass, salmon, tilapia, shrimp
Pork skins: I like to eat them in sour cream or mayo
You can look up recipes like keto pizza
Jell-O light with whip cream is my favorite

not. Sunflower seeds (who e s t r o g e n b o y e here?) has 6 carbs per 100 grams.

so you can eat them but grow tits?

If you're eating more than half of that per day you're a fat fuck and keto isn't going to help you either way.

your daily carb limit depends on how long you have been on keto. when i was on it for around 8 months i could eat around 100g of carbs and still stay in it.

at first it takes some time to get into ketosis but after a while in it that process is very fast. for someone that has never been on keto he might take 1 week or more to fully get into it while someone that has been on keto can drop in and out in 1-2 days.

>you are a fat fuck if you eat more than 50g nuts
kek

>sausages
>shit
Just but some good quality ones look for polish shops and their kielbasa

>eating anything processed

You tell me.

Implying shit quality unprocessed food ia better than good quality processed ones.
Look for the % of actual pork in the sausage if it's high then it's ok

shit quality unprocessed food? please name a few, i'm very interested in hearing what natural food is shit compared to processed shit like sausages which have god knows what in them

retard go vegan

Im not a cow

You're not an omnivore either.

So why do I eat like one?

You're a behavioral omnivore. Just because you do something, doesn't mean its right.

das right. Im a predator

Just remember that the next time there is a fly in your food.

>literally can't get B12 from vegetables

kys yourself my man

if we were not meant to eat meat then why is the vitamin that is very important to us found in it?

>bacon and sausage are bad for you
t. cuck

You need to adjust your thinking. Theres a huge difference between oscar meyer precooked bacon and the godlike uncured bacon I get from the farmers market.

Quality animals & produce + few ingredients are the keys to food and theres really nothing more to it

nutritionfacts.org/video/safest-source-of-b12/

>michael greger