So people are always speculating how much a Silverback Gorilla can deadlift...

So people are always speculating how much a Silverback Gorilla can deadlift, but how strong do you think a Gigantopithecus was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NqK-hpIomEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw with all the roids supps and lifting routines you'll never be as strong as an extinct gorilla that doesn't even lift
just kill me

>ywn be strong enough to duel with a 10 foot ape even with enough coaching, roiding, and training
what gives?

>tfw you will never be facially ripped
Why even live?
(also Hanma Yujiro is literally the peak physicality humans could attain even in fiction)

>average gorilla is anywhere from 6 to 15 times stronger than the average man
>Gigantopithecus was almost twice as tall and almost 3 times the weight of the average gorilla

Gotta be at least double the strength of the gorilla, maybe even 2.5 times, right? Which would mean it'd be at least 12 to 30+ times stronger than the average human.

Average male weight is 195.5, average deadlift is 133% of your bodyweight which would be 257 lbs, times that by the estimated strength multiplier of 21, and you get 5397 pounds.

Lmao @ 59 plaets!!1!!

THANK YOU SNAP-BACK GORILLA

FUCK I MEANT

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GORILLA

gorillas cant deadkift you idiots
there center of gravity is WAY more forward than that of humans

They cant even stand on 2 legs for ore than 30 seconds

that doesn't take into account joints though
I'm pretty sure because of the amount of muscle that gorilla has the weak point would be the joint

damn that's a sad kitty
can i save that shit user?

fuck off
was a quality post.

please do

It was more like an extinct orangutan

They can tear you stupid head off with minimal effort though, how about that?

> average deadlift is 133% of your bodyweight which would be 257 lbs,

Average deadlift for males is probably more like 100lbs.

>tfw we couldve evolved from these chads instead of monkeylets

Which manga is this from? I know it's Baki the grappler but which one/chapter?

Macro-evolution isn't real, there's no proof of it.

Lining up remains of two similar-looking extinct animals that lived in consecutive time periods isn't proof that one evolved into the other.

How and why would a successfully asexually reproducing creature develop male/female sexual organs and reproductive system? It is far less efficient than asexual reproduction, and even there is some benefits to sexual reproduction, it's not like these creatures knew that and just collectively decided to grow something incredibly complex like male/female sexual organs that wouldn't work until thousands of years in the future after they started developing them.

Even if they did know, and collectively wanted to grow sexual organs over the course of thousands of years, they couldn't do it just because they wanted to.

Gorillas cannot deadlift because their centre of gravity is far forward. If g.blacki still existed it woulf have proportions similar to the modern gorilla. Lets say for arguments sake that both apes can lift. The g.blacki would be formidably stronger and would be able to lift about 5-10 times heavier than a gorilla. It is also said that they were strong enough to scare off many, many animals. TL;DR it would be mad powerful.

I think it's Baki-Dou, but Idk which chapter.

no matter how much you roid and lift, you'll never even be as strong as a common chimpanzee

when it comes to muscular power, humans are extremely weak compared to other primates

Giganto was more related to orangs than gorillas.

Baki son of ogre, it's towards the end when Baki fights Yujiro

thank you back snap gorilla

>Macro-evolution isn't real, there's no proof of it.

Are you a tard?

>tard?
old faggot detected!

Gonna take the bait since I'm kind of an evolutionary science nerd and I'll actually enjoy explaining this to you

Sexual reproduction is actually a huge advantage over asexual reproduction in many situations which is why it has evolved independently multiple times in different branches of life.

First of all it makes it less likely for your entire lineage to be permanently fucked by genetic mutations. If something gets fucked in your creation and you've got a harmful mutation in your genes, than every subsequent generation will have that same mutation. Since multiple parties are tossing their genes in the ring for sexual reproduction it raises the chances of producing a healthy organism with coherent genes.

On top of this it allows beneficial traits to propogate themselves across entire species, rather than being limited to one lineage. If I were to evolve a trait that makes me more likely to survive as an asexually reproducing organism, that trait would be limited to my direct descendants. In order for creatures of my species but outside of my lineage to receive that trait they'd have to either evolve it independently (harder but possible), or they'd have to all die out and my lineage be all that's left. Meanwhile with sexual reproduction that trait can easily spread throughout the whole gene pool of the species, rapidly as well if it affects sexual selection.

Honestly the biggest tragedy of deniers of evolution is that they will never know how awe inspiring and interesting the study of evolution is. Just the reasons for sexual reproduction, not to mention the infinitely broad implications of sexual reproduction on the systems of evolution, are so captivating to me.

>I'm kind of an evolutionary science nerd

You're also apparently illiterate. Your entire post was explaining benefits of sexual reproduction, when I already preemptively shut this argument down.

"Even if there is some benefits to sexual reproduction, it's not like these creatures knew that and just collectively decided to grow something incredibly complex like male/female sexual organs"

Honest question, please don't bully. Is it possible that if females or the environment itself selected for strength that in the future humans could "evolve" into a super strong and super smart species just in myths? Or would it be impossible for a nervous system to be able to handle both things?

fucking animal-wannabe
you should be proud of your intellect, no matter how puny it is, because that's what makes us strong
anything can be as big as it wants, but humans can beat it

*just like in myths

Like Achilles and Sigfried

>"Even if there is some benefits to sexual reproduction, it's not like these creatures knew that and just collectively decided to grow something incredibly complex like male/female sexual organs"

First of all, evolution has nothing to do with "knowing" anything. There's no "deciding" on the animals part. You know what decides? Nature. Nature decides by killing those unfit to survive before they propagate their genes, and allowing the fittest to carry on another generation. They didn't just have penises and vaginas spontaneously appear on their bodies, over billions of years sexual reproduction gradually EVOLVED from an extremely simple process of single cellular organisms exchanging genetic info, to penises squirting genetic info into vaginas. We can even see examples in modern day organisms of sexual reproduction in various stages of complexity.

This is one of the main problems with evolution deniers, they don't seem to be wrapping their head around the timescale we're dealing with here. We didn't just appear with one day with all these complex organs and systems, but rather over 4 billion (9 zeroes, more than 40 million times the span of time you'll be alive) years, environmental pressures, competition for resources, predation etc. have gradually molded life into more and more complex systems.

>since I'm kind of an evolutionary science nerd
you sound like a woman

Silly user, you know women aren't interested in things, especially not things like evolutionary biology

59 Plates...

This much be photo-shopped by someone. Someone hasn't done anything in a long time... and now is the time for them to do something. That's you user, do it. 59 plates... each side. Let's see it.

>First of all, evolution has nothing to do with "knowing" anything. There's no "deciding" on the animals part

That's what I said you fucking retard.

>Nature decides by killing those unfit to survive

That can explain camouflage, it can't explain the creation of sexual reproduction.

> they don't seem to be wrapping their head around the timescale we're dealing with here

No where did I claim that evolution happened over a short time period. You're putting words in my mouth and arguing against something I didn't say, you fucking retard.

>they will never know how awe inspiring and interesting the study of evolution is
this is opinion dumbass.

tfw dex/int build is gamebreaking

It does explain sexual reproduction.
A creature is marginally more able to reproduce because it's genetic exchange tube functioned slightly differently than another protozoa due to a random mutation.
Mutated protozoa thus has 3 offspring instead of 2. Thus it's lineage is more likely to survive and propagate that trait. Then one of its descendants has another slight mutation in its genetic exchange tube that makes it even more advantageous. This propagates further. Extend that over hundred of millions of generations and you get a pretty radical change, or EVOLUTION of a trait.
But you already put your fingers in your ears at this point.
It's the same principle that would allow something with better camouflage to survive, but instead of allowing more creatures with that trait to not get killed, it allows more creatures with that trait to be reproduced.

the average man can not deadlift that much

the majority of people are fat/unfit fucks

Top fucking kek m8

jesus those things will tear you to shreds

The only people who think evolution is uninteresting are religious retards who don't believe in it, or genuine retards who can't even begin to understand it

You did the best you could.

Some people are too retarded to save.

> googled
> first result

youtube.com/watch?v=NqK-hpIomEE

...so do you just sort of say shit, or how does that work

Yet, another opinion. Not a fact you autistic. I happen to believe in evolution, but whether it is interesting or not is up to the individual.

Friendly reminder that the biceps of T-Rex could curl 500 pounds despite being roughly the same size of a human biceps

Dinosaurs were strong as fuark

Bro, you're a dumb ass. Stop baiting that poor user.

i don't understand why you're getting so triggered over me saying i'm interested in something

do i need to put special [OPINION] tags before all my subjective statements now to protect your fragile sensibilities?

>why would a creature develop sexual evolution over asexual evolution

Asexual reproduction leaves you genetically susceptible to getting fucked by parasites because you won't inherit immunity cells, alongside not having enough variation to survive environmental changes. Insects and plants that asexually reproduce almost always also can do it sexually, they just do it because there's no m8s in the environment.

This is fucking retarded I hope you know that.

>Autism

> t. someone who hasn't taken unit 4 biology

THANK YOU BACK-SNAP GORILLA!

>being new

they can bench

Isn't there that gorilla KaliMuscle on youtube who can lift?

bump

kek

He's too dumb to be a gorrila

Thank you back snap gorilla

>hurrrr look people I'm a free thinker Veeky Forums taught me everything I know

Underrated

They could probably bench with their feets desu

>Male adult wild chimps weigh between 40 and 60 kg
are you implying that 40-60 kg shits can outlift roided world class 120+ athletes?

Hmm given that a human trained in aikido could beat a gorilla in a fight dya think they could also beat this gorilla

I'm fucking tired of this meme.
Chips are not stronger than humans:
humans have naturaln inhibitions for their muscles which allows them to do slow, tiny, controlled movements, like painting, engineering, et ceptera. Chimps can't do that.
When humans are in a flight or fight situation they are free of these inhibition and are much stronger than chimps

this

The silly chimpanzees are insanely strong meme comes from an experiment where they compared the pulling strength of chimpanzees to that of female scientists. But most men who lift are also much stronger than female scientists.