Keto thread because why the hell not

Keto thread because why the hell not

Share tips/tricks/pure fat snacks

70-75% cals coming from fat

Having dinner rn 5 oz 80/20 beef patty, 1 avacodo, 2x broccoli and cauliflower with 4 servings of shredded cheese

>muh grains

Non keto people are fucking retards

>eggs/yoghurt for breaky
>nothing for lunch
>herring/chicken & a shit ton of cauliflower and zucchini for dinner

Can i eat my own fat

Pls respond

yep

It's called fasting

More liek fatting

gonna make a bunch of eggs and various high quality bacon types for easter, instead of my usual breakfast of eggs and regular bacon.

>wake up
>take vitamins
>eat a plate of tyson buffalo wings with ranch and/or bleu cheese
>not even hungry so i can fast for the rest of the day
>go to bed
>repeat
>lose 2-5lbs every week

i love keto

I do similar, but eat at about 4 pm. I lost 7 lbs this last week.

what was your height and starting date/weight?

i started 5'11", 216lbs in february, dropped 10lbs the first two weeks, and have been steadily dropping 2 lbs each week since. I eat throughout the day though, and only count carbs.

6'3 start weight was 285 last summer, been doing keto on and off since then. 235 now.

Just ate shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, blue cheese and franks red hot mixed together and baked, used pork rinds and celery for "chips". Keto + Calorie restriction = I can adjust my weight at will like dialing a knob. Keto is easy mode. Anyone that doesn't do it is tarded.

I have IBS so I cant into keto, or meat/dairy in general. Ive actually been really successful eating high carb low fat, but IIFYM is my main.

I say go with what works for you, everyone's body is different. CICO + Keto is easy, consistent and reliable results for me any time I need to dial my weight up or down for bulking or spring cut.

ive never gotten to appeal, it just seems like something a fat person would buy into.
"doctor says i can eat all the bacon and cheese i want AND lose weight xD"
if you do CICO and keto how much of the weight loss is water weight? if you run out of glucose and glucose holds 4x its weight in water is it better than just CICO for fat loss?

you might be autistic. people do keto for the decreased appetite, good food, and because weight comes off easier.

>breaky

Surely this is just a gay thing, and not a regional one

Am I the only one bulking on keto? 3100 cals for bulk at about 400 surplus

>breakfast
4 eggs 3 pieces of bacon, half a cup kidney beans
skip lunch because not hungry
>dinner
shake with 1 scoop, 100mL of heavy cream, 1oz pure dark chocolate, 3-5 strawberries, half a cup raspberries, depending on the day and how i'm feeling i'll add 1-2 tbsp of either mct oil or olive oil
piece of meat/chicken/fish fried and some green veggies.

I get about 150/270/70 p/f/c and have made decent gains off it.

>pic related, me 2 months into the bulk

>keto
>good food
i wish i knew this feel :(

The only thing that matters for losing weight is CICO, however like put it, keto is a great tool to lower your calories eaten while still feeling good and having a lot of energy throughout the day. Also most people don't just eat bacon and cheese, the majority of my diet comes from nuts, beans, coconut oil, and eggs

There's a mountain of resources out there for recipes and snack ideas for Keto dieting. It's not all Burgers with no bun and chicken. You can get a large variety of food on it. It works for me since the fat keeps me full longer than low fat high carb does. I stay sated longer so I need to eat less.

Any of you lifting while on keto? I tried keto for a bit and all of my lifts immediately started to go to shit.

Wtf do you guys consume for Fiber?

Just started keto, and I've been adding cacao powder to my coffee and psyllium husk to protein shake, as well as green veggies like sprouts and brocolli. Gotta keep my shit solid or else my squat plug would slip out on the last set.

>The only thing that matters for losing weight is CICO
Keto speeds up metabolism. That is my experience, exact same calorie from one month to the other, drop 2X the weight.

I tried it and was constantly unsatisfied also kept shitting water

guys in training for a 5k next month. I'm considering starting Keto, keeping CICO in mind of course. How will Keto affect my running? I don't wanna crash with carbs, should I eat or drink something sugary before I run?

How many in this thread have heard of carbosis?

Muscles need glycogen to go at full strength. You have to do a balancing act of enough carbs to get glycogen to your muscles but not enough to knock you out of ketosis.

have fun losing water weight and gains!

No, stupid. Get fat-adapted and run the 5k in fat-burning mode.

Keto ruins athletic performance, I hope this isn't news. Only out of shape fat people who don't understand nutrition do keto. It's literally "fat people logic, the diet".

it does not work that way. You dont have glucogen stored for energy expenditure just for working out and after jump burning fat off during ketosis. pre-workout meals brings you out of ketosis, theres no way around it. But its not that bad for christs sake, some people here really obsess over the stupidest shit

I was doing a heavy bulk through the winter, moved at beginning of March, couldn't afford to keep calories high, and didn't have a gym lined up. Fast forward to April 1st after a month of Keto+Intermittent fasting+heavy calorie restriction. Lifts suffered for the first visit to the gym, bu that may have been mental. I'm way leaner (sadly, looking a bit smaller too in general) but all my lifts are the same. 2pl8 bench, 5pl8 rack pull (no heave-ho henries) and 2pl8 squat (working on it, neglected forever)

Haven't worked out unfasted in weeks, high intensity is great, cardio is great. I just genuinely love IMF and keto.
Bulletproof coffee is also the GOAT

That's fucking stupid, you need a lot of carbs to bulk. Enjoy your nogains.

No

I use psyllium husk and chia seeds. Sometimes I make a shake with an organic greens + reds supplement.
Usually my shake consists of coconut milk, pure almond milk (very hard to find, most almond milks are absolute garbage best to make it on your own desu), greens + reds supplement, spinach, kale, cucumber, psyllium husk, and chia seeds.
Sometimes I'll use protein powder in it too.
Always drink a glass of water 10 minutes before consuming too. Also a shot of apple cider vinegar helps 10 min beforehand as well.