Is it possible to get a big butt with bodyweight exercises?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth
bretcontreras.com/30-day-glute-challenge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If ''putting food in your mouth'' and ''being born with favorable fat deposit genetics'' count as bodyweight exercises, then yes.

ok, now what about real advice?

The answer is "no" for 99 percent of all people

>real advice
1. Read the fucking sticky.
2. Get to the part where the sticky recommends SS
3. Do SS

If you're female then you probably won't worry about t-rex mode, since that's what you're going for anyway.

I said bodyweight nigger

being thicc is almost entirely due to genetics. if you dont naturally store fat in your ass/thighs, then you never will

bodyweight exercise will have next to no effect

lifting and fat injections are the only two options

I think you missed the point I was making in Unless you're born with good fat deposit genetics (like in pic related) you (probably) won't be able to get a big butt with bodyweight exercises. It's possible but doing ONLY bodyweight exercises to grow your glutes is simply unproductive. It takes longer and is also more dependent on your personal genetics.

If you really want to waste your time and energy doing only bodyweight exercises, then do stuff like step-ups, regular and reverse hypers, box jumps, lunges, split squats, etc.

You're a dense one aren't you?

Anything is possible with good nutrition and hard work :^)

BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Veeky Forums btfo
t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth

Real trustworthy sauce there user, calling squats shit and all

I can't guarantee that because I'm not a woman and have not done bodyweight training, however, I think you should listen to Even if you don't build that huge ass you wanted, you'll have a better body overall by that point, and afterwards you can really commit to whatever you find actually works for that

glute activation exercises + SS + burnout high rep, low weight glute isolation exercises

It was an interesting article, I guess it explains why Bret Contreras trains with only light weight bodyweight movements

Oh no wait, he doesn't. Because while bodyweight movements can be useful, they should be a part of a larger program incorporating barbell-, dumbbell- and cable/machine work, and doing only bodyweight exercises will take longer, be less effective and generally harder than doing it as a part of a complete program.

Was about to link this. If you've got weights, skip to the bodybuilder section.
tl;dr
4-7x10-20 weighted hip thrust / single leg glute bridge (you can weight these with a plate on your stomach)
4-7x10-20 band abductions
something like that

Squats aren't shit but will grow your quads faster than your glutes. Hip thrusts etc are more glute isolation.

No he doesn't? He does huge weighted hip, I think he usually does like 500lbs but apparently his record is something like 800lbs.

hip thrusts*

I don't think you read my post all the way through. Did you get to this part?
>Oh no wait, he doesn't

I thought you meant
>Oh no wait, he doesn't explain why he trains with only light weight bodyweight movements
rather than
>Oh no wait, he doesn't trains with only light weight bodyweight movements
Sorry, misinterpreted.

I don't think anyone is suggesting bodyweight training is superior, just that you can make some progress with it. I think single leg glute bridges are pretty decent, and if you can get your hands on some plates or just heavy things to stack on you, it's not bad and you don't need a full barbell setup. Similarly, band abductions are about as good as you can get for the smaller glutes (medius and minimus), if i remember correctly.

If you read the bottom of this, after he outlines a full bodyweight routine, he states his other programs (that involve barbells and weights) are better: bretcontreras.com/30-day-glute-challenge/

Ah, I getcha. I can see how you were confused.

I just thought it was strange to see someone use Bret as an example of why Veeky Forums was wrong, when in fact Bret is a huge advocate of heavy barbell movements for women.

I'm guessing they meant Veeky Forums was wrong in the sense that squats and deadlifts are often recommended for glutes, but there are better exercises for isolating them.

It might not be Ideal, but it is easy to do, especially for women. Squats, lunges, step-ups, glute bridges, donkey kicks... Buy a pair of pink 5 lbs dumbells of a kettlebell if wanted and there women get nice asses.