knee below hip crease. ipf rules

This.
/thread

reference
youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

Yup.

you mean above?

yeah. hip crease below knee. sorry lad

i do ATG with lighter weight just cus i like how it feels but anything below parallel gets my approval

I see way to many people not going even at least parallel so that gets my approval right now, if you go below you earn my respect.
>not that my respect is worth anything just in my mind I respect that person a little more

Does this lady lean forward too much for front squat?

Yes

this.

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

>bar isn't even touching her shoulders
Why would someone take a picture of this and upload it on the internet as good form?

>he lets the filthy bar touch his shoulders

its not a real squat unless your ass is below your feet

right into the core of the earth desu

IPF rules, but more importantly, some people are physically incapable of ATG depending on their frame. ATG may actually be worse off for your lower back.

I can squat crease bellow knee up to 3 plates, but I can't do a single ATG squat because of how long my femurs are in comparison with everything else.

I also have a history of being extremely unfit prior to that and my mobility below the waste is absolute trash to be completely fair.

Where do I get a white oly bar?
I already have a black one and a chrome one. I must have the superior white one.

I was the same family, our mobility is (was) just shit. Took me around 2 months to go atg and i was like "yea w/e who needs this". After doing atg for a week i cannot go back, it simply feels like im doing less for the purpose of lifting higher weight.

As long as you dont compete, i advice anyone to just test atg for a week and see if you still think the same. And to have the mobility is just a plus if we call ourselves "athletes" or "fit".

Knees touching chest

please refer to :

Is this good enough for low bar?

youtube.com/watch?v=KHa4uhz_Tbg

If I go lower I can get it done anyway but it seems like I lose tightness, I don't know if it's my proportions or just lack of mobility.

Next time I'll try to record it at knee level

Lowbar isn't squatting

It looks parallel if thats what you're asking, half the form is in your feet so we can't really see that

I can only ATG front squats, so when I do a regular squat as long as I break parallel I'm happy.

are you comfortable with the foot width? it seems like there's a lot of unnecessary movement after the un rack. Also, your torso seems pretty long and low bar puts most of the load on the him moment arm which favors shorter torsos. As far as tightness goes, practice with a belt to learn proper bracing. Exaggerate tightness on areas that you feel are losing tension.

To elaborate, don't try to go atg on lowbar, it's basically impossible to do so and keep good form. Low bar is meant to go parallel, high bar meant to go atg.

Tbf im not claiming any of this is not true but:

1. Wouldnt the "things" that he talks about which hinders range of motion in the ankles also appear on other joints. If so can you show me examples and what those "things" are?
2. Dorsi flexion is shown in straight forward pattern. Reality is, you have your feet and thus the tibia aimed a bit more outwards which reduces the moment arm as is shown in his a plane (2d plane, if it is even applicaple on a 3d movement [no clue,pls enlight me on sem 1 physics])
3. (Unrelated) Are propotional differences such common appearence that a large group of the western civilization is unable to squat atg?

Im not here to defend/attack, just to learn.

Somewhat related: canditos squat form video (highbar). I am on the phone so cba to copy link

To elaborate on 1.
If structured damage is possible in ankles, the possibility of structured dmg in the hips could also factor the backward movement of the hips. Does this happen or is it even able to alter the movement? What makes it different to the ankles (if it exists)?

You hit the spot on the foot width thing. The thing is in other gym I was working out there was no squat rack, there was only the support things oly lifters use and now it seem I can't get used to unrack and keep on the center so I don't bump with the plates on the safety pins. Also, the floor is shit rubber squares that offer zero stability.

Also, I tried high bar for a while and I was doing pretty well but my left hip flexor started bothering me, so I went back to low bar.

1. Hip mobility can be an issue but if you are doing squats it was never likely an issue. But for instance having a long femur proportionally to your torso and shins means you have to take wider stances in general. This can mean a weakness in abductor/adductors in your legs can hinder your squat when you have this proportional issue as you will have difficulty opening your legs wider to bear the load.

2. Any difficulty in opening up your legs wider which would from the side seem as if your femur had proportionally the same length as other squatters with narrower leg placement. Watch the other videos on squatting for more info.

3. It happens more often than you would think. Some people have proportions that make it incredibly easy to remain upright during a squat (short femurs, long torso, long shins) which form a lightning bolt shape. Bar path is easier and the load on the knees is reduced. When people have longer femurs it can usually be seen if you see someone need to lean forward more to accomplish breaking parallel. All the weight transfers to the lower back to keep the body in line and straight bar path without rounding the back.

You can determine if your femur length in proportion to your body will change your squat style by measuring from your greater trochanter to the bony protuberance of your femur at the knee.

To explain why widening your stance helps those with longer femurs. If you can imagine from the side that by rotating your legs outward and bending your knees in that direction that the overall appearance of length from the side appears shorter for the femur. It makes bringing yourself below parallel easier but makes squatting more difficult as it requires a little more accessory work in properly strengthening the stabilizers.

Is it weird I google image searched this chick? Going to fap to her.

Right below parallel. That doesn't stop me from going ATG though. If you can go ATG you should.
Can you elaborate on 2? The moment arm is should be dictated by position of the weight and femur length. Things like wider stances, and pushing the feet outwards are primarily to decrease necessary depth and recruit more muscles or keep the body erect to prevent back injury and whatnot.

neither. squat to a comfy depth. everything else ia autism.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

From your second post i take it that people are able to squat deep IF they change certain setup areas to allow them to squat atg.
>It makes bringing yourself below parallel easier but makes squatting more difficult as it requires a little more accessory work in properly strengthening the stabilizers.
Why would that be a bad thing tho? From a competing standpoint it is clear. For overall fitness wouldnt that be a positive effect? Is injury at a higher probability? But couldnt that also be injury prevention?

If i misunderstood something be so kind to point out.

This, I'll give someone 'the nod' at any weight if they do below parallel with good form. Anything above parallel and you're not getting shit.

For 2:
The way the vid is taking the moment arm in consideration is from the middle of the foot/center of weight to maximum flexion of hip/knee. Basically how the femur is split between the middle line.

If you were to outward your feet and thr tibia follows, this will result in a shorter distance from the middle of the foot to the knee (from the sideview plane, as is the vid talking)

Mechanical disadvantage means you'll be less likely to move higher weight than those with a better advantage so for competition not so good. But it is good from a standpoint of health if you want your stabilizer muscles to be stronger using your add/abductors. It just means that the more things involved in a movement the more likely force is lost or injury is possible as weight goes up.

Imagine a power clean movement. You want your elbows locked in and not malleable when you pull from the floor past your thighs as your legs drive the weight up explosively. The reason for that is the more movers there are the less power generated. Just think about it that mechanically the more complicated and more muscles involved there is always an increased likelihood for injury or incorrect movement.

ATG or else it's bullshit to be honest

Small point not more movers less power but anywhere you want driving force like in the power clean if your elbows flex and attempt to pull up you lose power generated from your legs. Like if you wanted a crane to pull something up would you rather the crane use a spring or a chain? Probably the chain. What I meant was more involved components less likely to be done correctly.

>T-hee I better slather myself in baby oil before doing this front squat

For your #3

I'm 6'5 with hilariously long femurs and go fully atg with weight on heels and no pronation or buttwink

So no, if I can do them anyone can.

>However, not everyone can squat below parallel. Most people can, but hip anatomy simply doesn’t allow some people to squat below parallel safely

google it

hownottofrontsquat.jpg

What's the length of your torso? Did you just avoid watching the video altogether? it's not just about femurs it's literally a unique ratio for each and every single person.

>You can determine if your femur length in proportion to your body will change your squat style by measuring from your greater trochanter to the bony protuberance of your femur at the knee.
can you explain what to do when i have measured that?

Why is she doing good morning front squat?

look at this fucktardery, he's holding the weights with his hands and not in a racked position, kill himself

You compare the length in ratio to your height. Generally if your femurs are greater in proportion than 25% of your height they are longer than average to what your body should be. It's best to compare it to your torso length and your shin length as well. But if your femurs make up 28% or greater of your bodies proportion you might want to take a wider stance.

Why does torso length matter when my back is vertical baka learn to squat

>He didn't watch the video
Really showing off your learning disorder today user. You should let your tard wranglers know you did bad today and they can take away your chicken tendies.

thanks

I watched it months ago

Oh wow if your femurs are literally longer than your torso+calves(read: no human ever) you cant squat(not even parallel, because parallel position is geometricaly harder than going atg) cool bro, did I even watch the video???

You're actually retarded if that video meant anything to you, it's a shit video you have a shit brain and I bet a shit physique and lifts

welp, mine are 30% of my height, and my shins are 24% of my height, i dont know if that technically means that i have a hard time squatting, but i damn put a lot of strain on my lowerback, it almost feels like im doing good mornings, could be because of my horrible dorsiflexion

God speed my man

it's a low bar front squat, obviously

This

>He doesn't understand it's in proportion to his tibia and torso and not to add them both together
>Failed basic math and algebra

user seriously you need tutoring or need to kill yourself. You're fucking up the gene pool.

Just open up your stance and it'll alleviate a little bit of the strain on your lower back. You got it bro.

yh but she's hot though

anything below parallel is too far

enjoy fucking up your joints for a form that is only good for competitions you're never going to join

tall people [long legs] can't go ATG while maintaining good form, so as long as everyone hits just below parallel it's good

is long legs why people buttwink?

Long femurs in proportion to tibia and torso yes.Your ass will have to move back further to break the 90 degree parallel than someone with a normal proportion or even worse than someone with a shorter femur in relation to torso and tibia. Since energy required for the movement requires force to be acted upon a longer lever.

Imagine if two people had a stick and you used the shorter end under the object and pushed down on the lengthy end. You would have an easier time upending the object. Now reverse it and put the lengthy end under the object and attempt to use the short end to upend it. That shit is gonna suck.

And that's why when the femur is longer in proportion to the tibia and torso more force is necessary to power through the movement or the movement becomes impaired and has to be compensated for by flexion in the worst cases.

Longer femur => more forward bend, wider stance, forward knee movement past toes. It's to compensate for the bar's movement path down in a straight line.