I can't say this enough, if you actually want a nice chest then you NEED to do dips...

I can't say this enough, if you actually want a nice chest then you NEED to do dips. Only doing bench presses will not cut it.

"Oh, it's a bodyweight exercise..." BITCH PLEASE!

If you want a built aesthetic chest then you need to do them. It will work all parts of your chest (upper-lower) and you'll feel the burn at that. I'd have to put it up there as well for one of the best tricep exercises.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Valor-Fitness-BD-7-Handle-Accessory/dp/B00B29E0HM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

enjoy wrecking you're shoulders & elbows, dips are a meme exercise favored by reddit.

this, absolutely destroyed my left shoulder with dips
if you must do them, warm up very well by doing arm circles and pushups and stretching. Also ensure your rom is not too big

Dips are great, love the shape its giving my chest. Just need to to get the upper part down now. Anyone recommend incline flys? I do incline dbs but want to work it more

>""""""""""""""weighted dips""""""""""""

Incline dumbbell flys are great as well as cable crossovers

what do you mean?
Everybody should warm up before exercise, especially shoulders

Enjoy destroying your shoulders

Just do bench press followed by dumbbell press.

Hurt my shoulder doing dips as well.

dips stretch your chest like no other, they are a GOAT exercise along with pull ups and push ups

do you even want to make it user? deadlifts are 500% riskier and everyone here does them religiously anyway. no excuses senpai

you should warm up no matter what exercise youre doing you mong

because your form is fucking shit, you need to hold your shoulders back when you do them.

My shoulders hurt when I do them. What do

>deadlifts are 500% riskier
That's a load of garbage dips, even when done correctly, are bad for your shoulders.

It really hurts my shoulder joints. Am I doing something wrong or is that normal? Oh well, doing them anyway

The key to dips, is waiting untill you have enough strength to do them easily. Do not start lifting with dips, or you will push your shit in.

My shoulder dislocates easily and I cant do dips

So I supplement them with cable crossovers and then I imitate the motion of a dip with cables. easier on the joints, same workout

Just use the cable machine don't fuck up your shoulder and ruin your compound lifts. I only do baby ROM dips

You are shrugged when you are down in the dip. Try to keep your shoulders back

I feel like dips would be safer if they made the grip narrower so there's much less risk of flaring elbows

Retract your scapula prior to dipping down, just like you would retract your scapula before you bring the bar down in the bench press

what's with all these weak shoulder fucks? bad genetics, bad form or what? my shoulder will be sore but it's my actual muscle and not my joint.

Thoughts on the dip machine instead? Straight bodyweight dips feels a bit uncomfortable on my shoulders

>weighted dips

not gonna make it.
dips are essential but form is key.

this, I think they just have shit flexibility. I barely feel anything from bodyweight dips

I tried it but I always lean forward into my dips so the machine was useless

is this exercise safe at all?

I've done dips since I was 15, why are you all so gay?

>not doing dips using your bros boners as dip bars
>making it

Problem is getting the sets in before they cum. If your bros are weak, you may only get one in.

just got a pair of these for my cage:

amazon.com/Valor-Fitness-BD-7-Handle-Accessory/dp/B00B29E0HM

my cage came with straight bars that i would insert sideways in the cage, but they're these hollow aluminum pipes that look like they're gonna break with a substantial amount of weight on them. these new ones hang from the long way of the cage so the support is much sturdier, and i'm not banging off the catches with plates and shit every time.

the only different is that the new ones measure 24 inches between bars, and the old ones were 22 inches. that's okay right?

t. Someone who did dips for the first time today and enjoyed them

All these betas that wont make it....what a shame

T. Someone who tried dips once with shit form and exploded their shoulders.

My bench was stalled for 3 weeks until I started adding weight to my dips. Now my tris and my chest are exploding and I'm progressing on bench again. I also see carryover on the press.

Seriously considering replacing bench with weighted dips and using db bench as an accessory.

post that big chest then faggot

oh wow, your bench press was stalled for a WHOLE THREE WEEKS WOW!

you're a novice lifter, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, and you need to stop giving advice here until you put the actual time into lifting and know anything about it

fucking faggot

hey heyyy....why the mean words?
no say sorry to user

Dips are really the shit. I'm 54 and can't do barbell or dumbbell presses any more. No shoulder pain at all with dips. My chest is better than ever.

>File: a7rrXNL_460s.jpg (55 KB, 460x574)
Oh my god I thought I was the only one

enjoy cracking your sternum doing dips

Dips hurt my shoulders less then benching does

How fucking out of shape are you that you get injured through a body weight exercise, stick to /fat/ threads buddy

My sternum cracks and pips when I stretch
Feels good mon

>I'm 54
What the fuck user

IT POPS IT FUCKING POPS
FUCK YOU AUTO CORRECT WHAT THE FUCK IS A PIP

Not him but my sternum got injured from body weight dips when I was an active and very in shape kickboxer

Some people's anthropometry isn't suited for dips. They end up seriously injuring their shoulders. All it takes is one wrong rep and you're fucked

> What is dipping with good form?
> What is retraction and depression of the scapula

Fucking magnets, man.

I bet you kiss girls, faggot

I actually get that effect with "Arnold-Dips" too, but it just doesnt make sense to me.

T. Shit form

Did you not warm up and pack your shoulders?

Not 100% true. For people who are not so much in to body weight-exrcises, its pretty damn hard. I started doing that shit, after i pressed the 100kg and i sucked at the beginning.

post injection pain

stop using memes you don't understand

If you do dips you're retarded.

hurr push through pain
durr just do it with perfect form

Lifting is a long term thing. You're not an athlete, even if there was some athletic benefit to gain from doing shit like this you're not getting it.
You're a guy trying to look good and stay healthy.
You want your joints healthy for as long as possible to make lifting sustainable.
5 years down the road, you're more likely to not be a fat sack of shit if you can still lift without pain, than if you did your 200 pound dips.

t. someone who's not in his early 20s anymore

>t. 25 year old

>itt: anons making up bullshit
Dips ruined my shoulders, took my job, burned down my house, molested my children and BLACKED my wife

I'm actually 30 and I had to stop doing much shoulder work for over a year because I used to think that some pain during dips was okay.

It's all fun and games as you're getting used to the bodyweight part of the movement, and feeling some discomfort there might be something you push through, but once you seriously try to incorporate dips into your routine you're generally fucked, because then you HAVE to add weight. I barely benched 100 kgs when I was doing dips with 50 kgs hanging off my waist for reps, so if your bench reaches some respectable number you will have to have a huge amount of weight fucking up your shoulder joins and even your elbows.

Injuries are cumulative, unless you want to stop physical activity after a few years you should start caring for your joints yesterday.

> You want your joints healthy for as long as possible to make lifting sustainable.

> Don't do one of the single best exercises to strengthen your rotator cuff, guys. You'll die.

>Don't do one of the single best exercises to strengthen your rotator cuff, guys.

You have to go back to le reddit nigger.
>muh shoulders

I fucked my upper back up a while ago. Can't do dips anymore. Is there any good alternative? To compensate I've just been doing more bench.

your*

I think the best is to be able to do one to two with good form. Just do sets of singles/doubles untill failure and you will get strong enough to do them quick. I was able to add two dips every week to my sets that way, in less than two months I was able to bang out 3x10 easily. A lot of dipping is form.

and I fucked my one shoulder up doing bench, doesn't mean bench press is bad for you.

Just like bench, shoulder positioning is key for both exercises.

Push ups are underrated way too much in the regulat fitness world I think. People regulate them to warmup exercise but there are plenty of ways to add weight and get strong. Really if you get hurt or have pain doing push ups you should stop going to the gym untill you get that shit sorted. Push ups are one of the best exercises for shoulder health.

Weighted dips are for morons. Ring dips on the other hand, are the single best push exercise in existence.