Did anyone else start at 350 or above and actually make it? Or is it pretty much the point of no return?

Did anyone else start at 350 or above and actually make it? Or is it pretty much the point of no return?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhDnkrUEq6w
wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/search/label/leptin
youtube.com/watch?v=NeCVyEQ_Pag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you are 6'10" and 350lbs you are prolly skinnyfat, if you are 5'5" and 350lbs gunan take you 6 years and then another 1 years for the skin to tighten before you make it

I was 376 a few years ago and I made it lad. It took a few years but the jaw is strong now.

Lmao...420 master race here, if he is really 350 and looks like that he should kys.

Started at 340 and 6'3 back in december

currently just under 300

there only point of no return is when your dead, you got this senpai

Was 6'2" 307 lb, now I'm 188.

Not quite 350 but still, I was one fat fuck.

I'm 6' and started at 320 in August of 2016. Now I'm in the 240sand still dropping. Make lasting changes. You didn't get fat overnight. Shit takes time both ways.

Shaq was 7'0 330 when he played and was a fucking fat ass

He also had the worst shot in the entire NBA and made his way through pro by being a giant meatwall.

>for the skin to tighten
You need surgery for that kiddo

6'2"

300 lbs to 194 lbs.

Goal is 174 lbs.

Close.

Why wouldn't the skin snap back after a year or so?

196cm and started at 174kg. Down to 164kg after four months through diet and walking.

Want to get down to 90kg - used to do heaps of weightlifting at uni, so know how but it does get harder when you're over 30.

6'0 and 230, i don't look disgusting but im obviously thick, think i got a chance for body recomo guys?

Kek

I am making an effort, I am over 540lbs and my wife is over 390. We are in the process of buying a bigger vehicle since we can't fit in our pickup.

I am eager to drop this weight.

>I am over 540lbs
Have you ever thought of working as a human deadlift weight?

329 lbs 2 years ago, now 202 lbs
This was like my fourth serious attempt at losing weight.
Only difference this time is I'm autistically obsessed with counting calories.

We are
ALL
going to make it

I bet if you just stop eating sugar and fried food, you'd lose like 100lbs in less than a year.

>That fucking nipple.

Jesus fucking christ how horrifying.

>Or is it pretty much the point of no return?
There is never a point of no return, except dying.

Stop eating. Literally stop eating. Your fat is there to fuel periods of not eating. As long as you avoid sugar and drink water, you'll be fine. At your weight class, it's VERY easy to shed pounds each week.

If you need to eat something, make sure it has fat with no sugar or grain carbs. Eating coconut oil is better than spiking your insulin and you'll eat less than your current diet.

Because it doesn't work like that. Once you exceed your skin's elasticity limit the deformation becomes plastic and it doesn't revert spontaneously

4 months? I went from 115 to 104 in a month doing the same

I've seen this fat fuck whine on Veeky Forums about not being able to fit in full-sized pickups

/thread

I've seen you in a lot of threads recently. Couldn't tell if you were kidding, but it seems like you're not in this thread. Best of luck, you fat fuck.

Damn, I've never seen Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums besides the rare times someone asks what car is best to load in or bumper/roof rack bicycles.

Large Man OP I'm going to give you some truth here and take it as you will. Some is good some is not. I'm not sure how old you are so I'm going to use this time table as if you are 35. If you are younger, it will be better. If you are older, it will be harder.

Today - Age 35.

OP You need to go on a controlled diet of 1500 calories a day. These 1500 calories cannot include carbs (no bread, cereal, etc), sugars, alcohol, soda, juice, Gatorade, take-out food, fast-food, fried food, and any other non-healthy food.

You need to tough it out and NOT buy that fucking bigger vehicle. If you do that, you will be giving yourself a reason to not diet. You should feel uncomfortable a fuck in a car because all of your organs and bones are uncomfortable as fuck in your body right now. YOU ARE DYING.

You should be eating nothing but protein. Buy lean chicken, pork, and beef from your grocery store. Cook them up on a grill or in the oven. You can cover them with spices like pepper and even put some salt (not too much!) on them. Eat 500 calories for each meal, 500 calories if straight up meat without batter or other shit covering it is actually a good amount. Measure it as the size of your entire fist and eat that amount.

If you do this, no cheating, you will lose 15 to 20 pounds a month.

In regards to exercising - get some light dumbbells and do some easy curls and other low impact exercises. Walk. Just Walk outside for one minute today. Tomorrow go a minute and a half. Every day just increase your walking by 30 seconds.

One year from now -

If you actually followed this advice, you will be well under 400 pounds, probably close to 350.

If you keep on this path, you will lose the weight. You will have excess skin, but thats a battle for another day.

Yeah me pretty much, i was 231 at 6'2" now I'm 199 after losing 32lbs, i have a ton of loose skin though

Why are you losing weight so slowly? You could have tripled that on 4 months. Try harder fatass

Same, Veeky Forums is one of the other boards I frequent too. He has been asked to provide proof of his size which he said he would do numerous times, and never has. Claims to be so large he physically can't fit in a massive pickup truck.

Calling bullshit, all he does is bait and shitpost.

You're all such idiots to get yourself into this state of being.

Just get working right now.

I cut from 335 to 160 in 2 years. was stupid and didn't lift much so there's that

I was 460 at my highest in November. I'm at like 435 now. I lose weight so fucking slowly, it's torture. I wish I could just get under 400 so I didn't feel like a COMPLETE piece of shit.

Don't eat (I know that sounds like a joke). Just drink water. You can live off your fat as long as you makeup for vitamin and mineral intake and drink water.

If you're going to eat, eat high-fat high-protein. It's almost impossible to overeat skillet cooked pork bacon and to overeat eggs. You'll notice that even though your sense of appetite is quelled, you haven't gorged yourself like you would on carby junk food.

You get the miracle of being satisfied for once. But you can't cheat.

Please disregard the meme tier advice from people who have never been obese. I am a recovering fat fuck—down to 260 at a height of 6'5 from a high of 375—and this is probably the best advice I've ever seen on weight loss. The TL;DR is the more times in your life you go on a diet, the more weight you end up gaining in the end. I've been there multiple times and I'm sure you have as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhDnkrUEq6w

Personally, I absolutely endorse flexible dieting heart and soul for people who need to lose weight at all costs. Yes, it's inferior to eating chicken breasts and broccoli but it beats dying of heart disease or diabetes. I've lost weight and kept it off eating all sorts of terrible food. I am slowly cleaning up my diet a little at a time and making an effort to eat more vegetables, but I eat still my share of junk food and feel stuffed even as I lose around 2.5 lb a week. It's amazing. I wish I had started counting calories and macros years ago. I wasted so much fucking time with meme bullshit like keto and paleo diets without ever realizing IT'S THE CALORIES, STUPID.

Also, read this guy's blog on obesity. He's a PhD biochemist and neurobiologist who has dedicated his life to researching why we get fat and how we can trick our brains into losing fat. He cites actual academic research as opposed to bro science bullshit.

(Hint: read the entries on leptin.)

wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/search/label/leptin

Also, take the time to write down 30 reasons to lose weight. 15 things you will gain by losing weight and 15 problems that will go away. Then read the list every morning after waking up. Perhaps this sounds like a silly exercise but it helped me stay on track and I don't recommend stuff that doesn't work. Mindset is important.

Have you ever actually been obese? While I respect that your intentions are pure, your advice is TERRIBLE. You're literally just recommending a crash diet, which will absolutely not work long term and will almost certainly lead to Large Man gaining even more fat. No one is going to stick with your diet plan for more than a few months. Whatever weight they lose will come back with interest. Trust me, I've been there. I went from 270 up to almost 380 by crash dieting and rebounding multiple times.

> Murica: The Post

That's not entirely true my man.

Thanks reddit
Unironically

post pic or bs

>if you are 6'10" and 350lbs you are prolly skinnyfat
>prolly
>skinnyfat

How do I know you are from burgerstan?

I'm going to have 10x the amount of loose skin this guy has. Jesus fuck, I am doomed no matter what I do.

Any loose skin senpai? I'm 5'11", and dropped 36 labs in the past 2 months, started at 328. Worried I'm going to have terrible loose skin.

This guy lost 218 lb. and went on to become Mr. Universe 1959. And this was before modern drugs were developed and even before people really knew anything about training or nutrition.

youtube.com/watch?v=NeCVyEQ_Pag

We're all gonna make it, brah. Keep lifting heavy and the skin will fill up with muscle in your arms, legs and upper torso. Save up money for a skin tuck for the rest.

Also, as disgusting as loose skin is, bear in mind being obese is also absolutely disgusting. At least with loose skin, you have some chance of looking good in clothes (in addition to not dying from metabolic syndrome complications).

He's just recommending keto, I've lost 100lbs on it.

Grow some willpower you fat fuck

Samefag defending his meme advice.

what's a good low calorie salad dressing to pair with broccoli for /alldayeats/

I'm not that guy, I'd recommend much more veggies than he did.

Keto works if you have the ability to not shove your fat face full of carbs though. Sorry you couldn't stop yourself from injecting poptarts

Red wine vinegar and oil, my man.

And by the way, I'm not a fat fuck. If you read my post above the one you're quoting, I explain how I lost even more weight than you claim to have and kept it off with flexible dieting, something I was never able to do with your beloved keto.

The fact that you even mention willpower shows you have no understanding of how sustainable fat loss works. If you need to use willpower, you've already lost. Again, see the video I posted in I don't struggle to maintain my weight loss at all. Food is never on my mind throughout the day. On a keto diet, I literally counted down the seconds to my next carb refeed aka weekly cheat meal.

> Sorry you couldn't stop yourself from injecting poptarts
Poptarts is nothing. The funny thing is that I still eat Sweet Tarts candy, pizza, fried chicken, ice cream and cheeseburgers multiple times a week and wash it all down with Coca Cola. And I've lost an average of 2.5 lb a week, every single week for over a year by simply eating my favorite foods in moderation and staying under 3k calories a day. I eat small amounts of junk and larger amounts of clean food (mostly carbs) and it requires no willpower at all.

Enjoy your keto diet if it really is working for you. I'm not even hating on you, really, although I was put off by your obnoxious tone. I just don't expect it to work out for you long term since it's so inflexible. And I speak from experience on that. The biggest weight gains of my life came from rebounding specifically from the keto diet, and specifically from the super high protein, low calorie version recommended above.

But hey, keep doing what works for you. That was the point of Layne's video lecture.

Goes to show without surgery even when you do finally make it, from such a heavy weight, you are still going to look repulsive shirtless.

>weekly cheat meal
That makes it a lot more clear, thanks. No wonder the diet didn't work for you, you never actually made it into ketosis. It takes 4-6 days for your body to even enter it

>I don't struggle to maintain my weight loss at all. Food is never on my mind throughout the day.
Same

The fact of the matter is that you're still 260lbs, drinking Coke and eating cookies can easily be fit into your massive TDEE, when you get closer to 180 (where I am down from 280) it's not so easy to fit in a 250kcal bottle of Coke. I'm well aware you're taller and your weight will be higher, but you're still approximately 60lbs overweight. That's fat.

I am never going to put the weight back on because I have the ability to stick to the diet and have "cheat meals" once every two months, not once every week. Good luck with your plan, just don't act like it's the only way you can do it and everything else is just a "meme"

>On a keto diet, I literally counted down the seconds to my next carb refeed aka weekly cheat meal.

What did you eat? You might have a bigger (no pun intended) problem with compulsively eating. But if you eat tasteless food...

From my own experience, my "meme meal" of bacon, eggs, milk, cheese, coconut oil, and (non-sweetened full fat) yogurt is enough as a 1x large meal per day. I'm genuinely curious as to what you ate.

And yes, the meme meal has been my diet for over two years.

4u

The problem was weekly cheat meals, probably not what he was eating. Once a week is too often, once every two weeks is too often

Your intentions are pure but misguided. Someone who's allowed themselves to reach 540 pounds will simply lack the willpower and self control to immediately cut their 4500 call intake to 1500 call overnight. I'd be surprised if he stuck to it for a week.

If you're still here large man, try cutting your intake to 2400 calories, with less than a quarter of that coming from carbs. Your carb sources should be mostly fruits and starchy veg. You can't be all that poor as fat as you are, so look for low carb substitutes if you absolutely can't kick the habit. After a month or so, start restricting your intake by 200 calories every few weeks, until you hit 1800. Once you hit 1800, start working in some mild cardio, I recommend walking for at least an hour at as brisk of a pace as you can maintain. Don't bother trying to start a gym routine early, you'll become overwhelmed and discouraged. Continue this regimen until you reach your desired weight. This is simple stuff big fella. You've got a lot to lose, don't rush it.

Gonna make it

Oh yeah, buy a scale. You will be surprised at how much more than the serving size you comsume. Download my fitness pal as well. Don't bother with the buy new clothes every 20 fucking pounds meme. You're gonna have to live with baggy clothes for a while, at your size I doubt you're rocking GQ anyhow. You're gonna make it habibi.

>No wonder the diet didn't work for you, you never actually made it into ketosis. It takes 4-6 days for your body to even enter it
Wrong. I ate almost zero carbs for two weeks before I had my first cheat meal. I was following Dave Palumbo's keto diet which calls for a cheat meal once a week after two weeks. The macro split was 90/30/10 protein/fat/carbs and no direct carb sources were involved. The one cheat meal had carb restrictions.

>The fact of the matter is that you're still 260lbs, drinking Coke and eating cookies can easily be fit into your massive TDEE, when you get closer to 180
I will never weigh 180 unless I get cancer. Back in college, when I was in the shape of my life and hovering around 13 percent bodyfat (blurry abs), I was a muscular 225, which is my goal weight.

>you're still approximately 60lbs overweight.
>180 is supposed to be my goal weight
Uh, what? Are you basing this on a BMI chart? I have 8.5 inch wrists, 13.5 inch ankles and a 16 4E shoe. I wear a size 8 hat. I am the complete opposite of the rail thin lanklet trapped in a fat person's body you seem to envision. I'm built like a fucking yeti.

Even Howard Stern, who has a much lighter bone structure than me, is 195 lb at the same height and is built like a broom stick. Pic related.

>I am never going to put the weight back on because I have the ability to stick to the diet and have "cheat meals" once every two months, not once every week.
Good for you. I couldn't handle that and I doubt someone 540 lb can but you get props from me for being able to keep that up.

>Good luck with your plan, just don't act like it's the only way you can do it and everything else is just a "meme"
The suggestion to crash diet on 1500 calories a day is what pissed me off most of all.

I still strongly believe that the keto diet is far and away the least sustainable diet long term for most people and will not shy away from sharing that. I can't say I'm sorry if that bothers you.

can somebody tell me i'm going to make it because i feel like i'm never going to make it!!

>The macro split was 90/30/10
Edit: that should read 60/30/10, obv

FUCK YOU FAT ENABLING FUCKS! My plan works and gives large guy the best chance to get his weight down. 1500 calories of pure protein food is not a crash diet you mongs. This dude could have less than a year to live before he gets a blood clot or something else fatal! HE NEEDS TO TAKE BIG STEPS NOW, not these baby step bullshit methods you idiots are recommending.

Large Man, I sincerely want you to succeed. The method I've given you will work if you stick to it. If you use the kid gloves on this, you risk slowing down your weight loss and giving more time for life-threatening ailments to KILL YOU. These other people with their shit-tier advice are going to lead you to an early grave.

Thanks, I did forget to add veggies.

>I still strongly believe that the keto diet is far and away the least sustainable diet long term for most people and will not shy away from sharing that. I can't say I'm sorry if that bothers you.

I'd have to disagree. What you're describing is a nuke diet in navy terms. All you have to do is eat until you're satisfied. Thus my "meme diet" shit. Trying to micromanage nutrition is counterproductive because a lifelong diet is supposed to be a routine that is easy to manage.

I don't have to think about anything other then the sense of fullness. Keeping track of your macros and ratios presents a false illusion of control over your own body while distracting from the visceral signals of hunger and satisfaction.

But you may also just have a biochemistry hostile to keto.

180 is literally a normal BMI for your height, 200 is normal as well.
>bmi is bullshit!
Not for you or me

>I still strongly believe that the keto diet is far and away the least sustainable diet long term
It's not, hell, vegan, paleo etc are all much more difficult to sustain than a carb restriction. I don't count calories, I don't count macros. I just eat meat, fat and veggies for every meal and the pounds melt off.

I started at 235. My main problem is that I drink a lot on my off days. Like a lot.

Have you tried AA groups? It's cognitive behavioral group therapy and works pretty well for alcoholism. YMMV but if you drink a "lot" you probably need some help.

Loose skin is temporary though. It will tighten up eventually.

Started out around 380-385 and am currently at 215-220 since 2011. I took close to 3 years off exercising through out the time and lost some weight slowly through diet changes.

I am cutting back a lot right now. Before I would drink in the morning after work. Now I go to the gym and sleep when I get home.

My dude, on my staggered plan he's looking at roughly 180 pounds lost in a year, more if he implements enough cardio. The bonus? He isn't jumping into some hardcore heavily restrictive diet that HE WILL QUIT IN A MONTH. Also, why bother recommending a high fat diet to a fatso at risk of heat disease?

>I don't have to think about anything other then the sense of fullness
>Keeping track of your macros and ratios presents a false illusion of control over your own body while distracting from the visceral signals of hunger and satisfaction.
I always feel full. If you don't feel full, you're doing it wrong.

>Trying to micromanage nutrition
I honestly have no idea what you envision when you talk about micromanaging nutrition. Once you learn the nutrition information of dietary staples, clean and other, there is very little figuring out to do. Balancing meals is really not that tough.

I honestly can't imagine living the way that you do and it seems you can't imagine living as I do. To each his own, I suppose.

>Le BMI meme
Not even getting into it here. It's a subject for another thread. Let's just agree to disagree.

>It's not, hell, vegan, paleo etc are all much more difficult to sustain than a carb restriction
Vegan dieting was by far the most sustainable for me since I could eat tons of low calorie foods and never felt hungry. I only stopped because I became worried about the bioavailability of b12 from vegan sources.

Anyway.

To summarize my position, I feel like I understand the mind of the average fat fuck pretty well. Pretty much every fat person I know enjoys carbs, especially simple sugars. So where I disagree with the logic that you keto guys are presenting is this—there are basically two things you can tell a really fat fuck to do:

1) Eat no carbs. Just eat meat, fats and vegetables (keto approach). Rely on willpower as needed.
2) Keep eating carbs but portion control everything other than protein and fibrous vegetables (my approach).

Maybe I'm too cynical. I take it as a given that fat people have no willpower so the only way to succeed is to create a plan where it isn't needed. And Layne agrees with me on this.

But it sounds like you guys do keto and DON'T need massive willpower to stick to it (which I suspect is atypical)

>it sounds like you guys do keto and DON'T need massive willpower to stick to it
It gets easier to the point where you don't even need to think about it after a while. I've been on for about 16mo and I don't ever feel the need to eat carbs because I don't have non-veggie carbs in my house. You can still satisfy your sweet tooth with sugar-free jello and whipped cream, there are so many low-zero carb foods it's just a matter of finding them and stocking your house with them.

I'll admit, eating out can be a chore. Still, there's always a low-carb option and you can always special request burgers without buns, wings without sauce etc. For instance, I was recently at a fried foods dive bar type restaurant and managed to have blackened cod, steamed broccoli and seasonal veggies.

>a high fat diet to a fatso at risk of heat disease?

Because a high fat/high protein diet produces satiation.

Once you switch over and go through the adaptation phase, you can regulate eating pretty easy. The "paradox" is that high fat diets promote eating less shit which the body dumps into adipose fat stores.

On not-keto, I can eat a box of buffalo sauce wheat thins and still be craving. On keto, I can eat 6 eggs and 6 bacon slices (along with generous amounts of milk) and be satisfied without being stuffed.

The entire point is that a moralistic concept ("willpower") is replaced with a natural ability (higher control of hunger and satiety). I like to depend on shit the body actually has (visceral signals of hunger and satisfaction) then some vague idea which some people jack themselves over.

You gain willpower when you let insulin go back to normal and dampen the effect of obesity induced inflammation, not the other way around.

This is good advice.

>Large Man, I sincerely want you to succeed
Then stop posting advice ITT. You're grossly unqualified to give it.

>He isn't jumping into some hardcore heavily restrictive diet that HE WILL QUIT IN A MONTH
More like a week.

>Also, why bother recommending a high fat diet to a fatso at risk of heat disease?
He'd probably tell you "it's all healthy fats, bro." But most cardiologists recommend not eating red meat. Maybe Large Man should listen to them if he wants to stay alive.

why does this mom science keep getting posted

>" But most cardiologists recommend not eating red meat.

And most nutritional advice in the past half century has been complete shit.

If you're not letting your body enter a fasting state where it activates various repair and autophagy functions, then it's going to accumulate more bad shit than a person who can live without eating for at least 12-16 hours.

He/she is probably basing it on anecdotal evidence. But people have different skin elasticity.

>Loose skin is temporary though. It will tighten up eventually.
If you have a fuck ton of stretch marks, your elasticity is shit and your skin is probably going to stay loose. It sucks but it's better than staying fat and dying.

Why the fuck are you posting this shit everywhere?
Do something new, post body pics and a pic of everything you eat today/tomorrow.
Do you even need help??

I agree with you that keto keeps you more satiated. But that's not strictly due to keto, it's because fats and proteins are more filling than carbohydrates. Cutting his carb intake will have a similar effect of making him feel fuller. It's not that your advice is shit, it's that there is a zero percent chance that he'll stick to it. The threat of death is not sufficient.

I was once a fatass. Then I discovered weight-lifting. That helped with the weight but I was still "stuck".

Then I discovered IF and Keto. Eating eggs and bacon and not craving "more more more" was a revelation.

as a long time ketofag, cut the bacon

My breakfast is usually 3 eggs, a few strips of spicy chicken and an avocado or two.

Bacon did help a lot at first, but eventually you're gonna have to cut that shit out. It's a pretty low tier meat.

>It's a pretty low tier meat.

It's cheap and decent quality at Costco though. What I really need to do is eat more lentils and nuts.

No, it's not decent quality boss.

Cut the cured meats to as low as you possibly can. This includes bacon, sausage, smoked sausage etc. They're nothing but salt, low in protein and high in garbage fats.

>I need to eat more nuts
are you cutting? Stay the FUCK away from nuts

Like I said, bacon helped me for a long time but you're better served just cutting it and replacing with high quality protons like chicken, beef and fish. You can still have pork, just get fresh pork instead of cured pork.

I started at 389. Just start early and not in your late 20s and body should rebound accordingly.

I waited too long so I either need surgery or a silly amount of gear to fill up the skin.

I'll take the advice to heart, really. I only adopted my meme diet in the middle of my homeless period.

When my financial situation is more stable, I'll focus on preparing actual meat "meat".

Great work man. I'm in the same boat with needing surgery. Fucking obesity induced gynomastecia.

Not really close to the 300lb mark but I was still pretty fucking fat. I've probably got a solid 2 years of lifting left before I can say I made it.

240lb to 150lb in 11 months

>bought a pair of khakis a couple weeks ago
>ended up being too small
>just tried them on now despite not losing any weight
>they're a little tight but they fit
what did i mean by this

How is milk keto? It's full of carbs.

Just stop worrying about it. Would you rather be fat with tight skin stretched out against your body, or at a healthy weight with some loose skin?

My roommate is 5'10 306 and he looks like your regular powerlifter. Doesn't even really go to the gym. Big arms, big chest, big shoulders.

I'm cutting from 180 to 140 and I thought I was having trouble getting abs due to loose skin. You just blew that idea out of the water, thanks.

I just assume that the total amount of carbs from milk consumption still falls under some category of "carb restriction".

But apparently I need to do more research. Thank you for pointing that out. I feel like an idiot but that's a good thing. I'd rather be embarrassed and know a flaw then not know and end up sabotaging my diet.

I was 305lb on thanksgiving 2016, as of this morning i got on the scale and im now 197

i eat these hot links that are like 150kcal for a 5oz sausage

1 cup of milk has 12 gram of carbs/sugar. You're allowed up to 20 grams of carbs per day.

>These 1500 calories cannot include carbs

OP, don't listen to this man.

It is a little loose on my lower belly, only really noticeable when I bend over. It's still early in the game though it should tighten up over the years, it was worse as little as a few months ago.

This is fucking retarded, you still need to take multi vits, electrolytes, and protein supplements or you WILL die

No loose skin but I started playing ice hockey 2-3 times a week and I lift 1-2 times a week (or at least medicine ball stuff and bodyweight exercises)