When do i tell my girl that im filthy fucking rich in order to weed out the gold diggers?

when do i tell my girl that im filthy fucking rich in order to weed out the gold diggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/3z74e5/i_saw_my_ex_after_1_year_apart_and_it_crushed_me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whenever you feel you're ready

I have the same "problem" but i drive flashy shit and have a huge ass house and stuff so its harder to hide.

Is there like a reverse shit test, where its you shit testing the girl except for gold digging?

I am also extremely cheap as fuck and dont spend money on trivial things so i dont want to be expected to pamper her

I'd at least wait like half a year of living together. bitches can at first put up a facade, and you don't truly know someone until you are living together. When they find out you're that rich they will immediately add a lot to your 'appreciated value' and avoid showing their true self (if its bad that is). I mean you can tell them you've got some money sooner (like a few months into a relationship) of course but just be vague and imply its something like a couple hundred grand or Sth.

As late as physically possible

How do I into monies?

>currently senior uni student
>poor
>I don't want to know this feel any longer

I'm happy that you have money but I hope you raise your sons to be humble and generous people, looking out for family and friends and not being stuck up rich white kids that act black on Instagram.

>those numbers tho

Once she has accepted the ring. Also get a marriage contract, 50% of marriages fail and you are not special. You are welcome, have fun.

First you have to into common sense. That report is 2 years old and the time stamp is the wrong date.

years and years mate. longer if possible
you will never discover her true self if you tell her too early

Never.

>67.6% stocks
Isn't that risky? Or are they safe stocks, e.g. the major bluechips?

Anyway, you never directly tell her. It'd be pretty weird to say "I have quite a bit of money" or anything of the sort. It's more a question of not hiding it anymore. I have very discreet tastes (e.g. my clothes are relatively expensive but not flashy and with minimal branding). I don't think my last gf of 1.5yrs ever realised I was properly wealthy actually. Anyway, to answer your question: stop trying to hide it when you think you've really gotten to know this girl and you know her attitude towards wealth, material objects, etc. and most importantly when you feel comfortable enough around her to show who you truly are. Also my advice is to try avoiding going for poor girls. It may sound classist but even the nicest, most principled poor girls will be nicer to you if they think it will get them out of their shitty neighbourhood.

Be vague about finances. Look at other chicks to make her jealous. See if she'll cook you a meal and clean your room.

Gold diggers won't do manual labor. Or anything that would subtly indicate care and affection. Only the most public and garish displays as such.

>buy a 150-200k house in ok part of town
>act and tell people you make 20% over average pay
>meet a girl, date her till marry
>prenup
>after marry and prenup give her babies
>2-4 years later after super shitty baby times if you still confident shes the one....
>"Honey, I haven't actually been going to work after I leave the house"

and of course I hope I don't need to tell you GPS on her car and hire pvt detective if ANYTHING shady/odd happens

You don't.
Have an account with some money in for show but keep the bulk of your assets a secret.

You have some options:
accept that the kind of person you are will attract that kind of person (i.e. you are not a 10/10, you have some serious character flaws for what you seem to want).
change your lifestyle, accept that a flashy car amd big house is not benefitting your life in the way you would like.
find someone else rich since they're probably not after you for your money (this is not always as easy as you'd think).

It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

I'm nowhere near as rich as OP pic, but I do alright for myself. £50k a year job at 24 and still climbing the ladder. I drive a nice car and live in a pretty decent house, so it is pretty obvious I do ok for myself. I never directly mention finances, and like I don't spend my money on stupid shit.

I find if a girl straight out asks you how much money you make, they are a gold digger. If they focus on material items etc, they are a gold digger. As bad as it sounds, I tend to date girls in a similar position to me - working for a big firm means that there are loads of networking evenings etc so it is easy to meet people like that. Ambitious young professionals tend not to be gold diggers (at least not the ones I have encountered) while the 24 year olds living at home making minimum wage tend to be.

Shiet, does anyone have that cap of a grill talking about how she really "loved" her boyfriend but that she couldn't continue their relationship unless he got more serious with finances only to have him break it off with her immediatley and completley and only for her to find out later that he was fucking loaded?

Best fucking way to do it my opinion.

I'm guessing you believe like many others than government bonds are safe investments. Anyone who tells you to invest in bonds is an idiot. Bonds are pretty much you buying liquidity most of the time these days, they won't make you money.

A well diversified stock portfolio with good risk management is supreme. It'll only truly fail if the entire economy crashes (in which case we all have other problems) and will always give better rates than a normal bank account.

literally never

>It'll only truly fail if the entire economy crashes (in which case we all have other problems)
And even in that case you'll generally have more warning than the average person if you do your part to try to keep your finger on the pulse and manage your investments.

my greatest fear is marrying someone for the money

back in college i dated this one girl, rachel

she was fun, good in bed, sexy, and all that stuff until she found out that my family was millionaires. immediately started asking me for money subtly again and again.

of course, since i loved her at the time, i gave in again and again

didn't break up with her until i was 70k out

Never. Live a humble life with your waifu.
Beware of girls with lifestyle expectations

Never.

Once she knows you have money the switch will flick and she'll turn on you like banner into hulk, armed with two pick axes and a truck full of dynamite.

Women are never to be trusted. Most men are as bad.

Mirin success!
How old are you if I may ask?

cute

> low 8 figures

respectable, but not 'filthy fucking rich'

but yeah anyway either don't tell her at all or tell her and make it explicitly clear that she has no say whatsoever in financial decisions involving your money

Thats one expensive prosti

>not 'filthy fucking rich'
Uhm...

wow wtf...

maybe his talking about vietamese dong

the reddit post where a woman dumps her bf because he has no ambition only to find out later he's filthy rich

Now that's impressive!
How did you get loaded? Sorry for so many questions but really admiring your success!

>didn't break up with her until i was 70k out
Jesus Christ user, what the fuck...

How the fuck do you think?

>implying having 8 digits on account doesn't mean your business worths at least 10 digits
>mfw i just entered the 6 digit club and my company is worth at least $10.000.000,00 on land, building and machines

no, really.

low 8 figures is just about the bottom rung of what could be considered the 'capitalist class'.

you really need to hit 9 figures to enter 'filthy rich' territory.

> inb4 OP's net worth is higher than just what's in that vanguard fund

yeah probably but still the point holds

>How did you get loaded?
His parents. How else does someone have an 11 million dollar portfolio at 24? (Assuming that this isn't bullshit, which it is.)

Tl;dr - My boyfriend kept his wealth a secret from me throughout our entire relationship. I ended the relationship on the pretext that he wasn't money/career motivated, he didn't say anything to the contrary.

Body

I [F26] have been dating Will [M27] for most of 2014; I met him on New Years Eve, we exchanged numbers, scheduled a coffee date and have been seeing each other ever since. He's tall and shy, with long thick hair like Eddie Vedder. He lives in an older house by himself and drives a 1997 Toyota. He dresses very casually - I don't think he even owns a collared shirt - and all his clothes are minimum 1-2 years old. For income, he told me he "ran a few websites" and picked up piece-work as a 'session guitarist'. He is also very frugal. He never took me out for fancy dinners or anything. In the beginning it was always coffee dates, walks, hikes, etc. If we go out, he insists on 'pre-drinking' and refuses to buy drinks at a bar. Most nights he was content staying in, watching Netflix and playing his guitar. I never outright asked how much money he made, but given his lifestyle, clothes, furnishings, etc. plus the fact that he rarely worked, I assumed it wasn't much. I would lightly prod him with questions about the future, if he had any career goals - he would say that he "saw me in his future", but also he was "happy the way things were". I have Facebook and am on it every day, usually when work is slow. Lately my newsfeed has been filled with my peers getting married, buying houses, having babies, and other various accolades. I can't help but feel jealous by this; it seems like everyone but me is making significant gains in their lives and relationships. Three weeks ago, after seeing a girl I knew from high school buy her 3rd property with her husband, it felt like my relationship with Will was juvenile and had no future.

never. Like, why.
The only reason to ever let anybody know you're wealthy is
a) to spite them
b) to offer it to them

The next time I was over at Will's (after he served me potato soup for dinner and was torrenting a documentary for us to watch later) I ended the relationship. I was perfectly honest about everything - he was a great guy, I loved him and his personality, but I felt he lacked career/life ambition and we wanted different things for the future. He sat and listened to everything, seemingly unmoved by it. When I finished talking, he said "fine by me" and asked me to leave. I went to hug him on my way out, instead he just guided me out the door and slammed it shut behind him. With prior boyfriends, we'd still talk or text a bit after we'd be broken up. Sometimes we'd even still hook up. I dunno, I've just never had a 'bad break-up' and always try to remain on good terms. I haven't heard a fucking word from Will, even after texting him multiple times and calling him once. I saw two of Wills friends at the gym today. I went over and made small talk, asked how he was, etc. I tried to explain myself, saying he was a great guy but our views on money and the future didn't seem to mesh. To this, one friend chuckled to himself and walked away. I asked the other friend WTF that's about it, and he says "Yeah, we heard. The thing is, Will's loaded. He inherited his grandpas land which is leased to oil and gas companies. I've seen the quarterly checks he gets and they're more than my yearly salary. Good luck getting him to spend it, though. He has a 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' type mentality. Just look at that piece of shit he drives!" This has completely baffled and upset me. I dated him for 10 months when I thought he was penniless, proof I'm not a fucking gold-digger. I am a 26 year old woman who needs to be pragmatic, I can't just indefinitely date someone with the future being so uncertain. He could've said something, ANYTHING during our break up when I was explaining my doubts about our relationship.

Instead he said nothing, and now he refuses to talk to me. It makes absolutely no sense. I just feel so low right now. If a man with disposable income meets a woman he likes, doesn't he want to treat her? He said he "saw me in his future", why didn't he care enough to share these things with me? He could have easily kept our relationship alive by being forthcoming. Someone please help me make sense of this situation.

>I could have had a huge payout but I blew it, please help
Will is the fucking GOAT

nov 30 2015
lol

This is my favourite leddit post. Fucking dumb bitch thought white knights would flock around her but everyone ripped her shit.

Thank you user, makes me kek every time

There is a follow up post as well where she runs in to him at a mutual friends party but I can't find it. The original posts have been deleted.

>reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/3z74e5/i_saw_my_ex_after_1_year_apart_and_it_crushed_me/

Found it

>linking to reddit on Veeky Forums

>(after he served me potato soup for dinner and was torrenting a documentary for us to watch later)
What a total leg(end).

> twoXChromosomes

oh dear god of course because where else would a post by a golddigging slut be

Don't. Wait as long as you possibly can. I'd probably marry her or some shit with her thinking I'm a government employee

I'm broke af from school- but have a good job, usually lie about the job if I'm on an actual date. It changes so quickly

I came in my pants a little while reading this.

Rarely is life so just.

I agree. Sounds like a comfy evening.

wtf i love will now

The replies are real good tho.

Ideally, you'd never tell them and hide your assets.

Are you Latino? Sounds like when I lived in Miami. Flashy, but cheap.

shockingly so desu given the nature of that subreddit

WOW
potato soup

such an INSULT
rich people never eat POTATO SOUP, that's for paupers!

I'd say you need to be together at least 5 years, went on multiple holidays and live together in the same appartment for at least 6 months. Otherwise it is unlikely that you know "everything" about her. Especially that "living together" part is important.

oh god this post is even better
>he was dishonest because he treated me exactly like he treated himself instead of showering me in wealth
>i was upset so i whored around on Tinder for a few months!
>i'm 26 years old, need to be pragmatic right?!
i didn't think such levels of delusion were even possible. Especially knowing the kind of response her original thread got from her supposed allies on reddit.

to be fair in that scenario the guy did seem like a completely unmotivated retard (in her eyes) - there's being secretive about your finances, and then there's living in squalor.

The girl was still clearly a gold digger given her enormous regret after finding out how rich he was.

thats when he turned & laughed and said will is bait and you all fell for it.

Yeah am I the only one that agrees? There's a difference between acting like a regular middle class guy and behaving like a Bedouin.

Dude was unemployed, eating potato soup, refused to ever buy a beer at a bar, doesn't own a single collared shirt, claimed he had zero goals for the future and never bought her dinner

Poor girl, lucky she got out of that relationship. Guy sounds like a faggot

>Dude was unemployed
He was in fact not unemployed. He just didn't have a massive drive for a career and lived within his means as a website admin and session guitarist.

That's fine to not want something like that, but then don't get annoyed when it turns out he's a millionaire bum and you suddenly want him back.

They dogged afaik

>He was in fact not unemployed
>"ran a few websites"
> "session guitarist"
> "plus the fact that he rarely worked"

Y'all are operating under the impression he was a millionaire. I'm operating under the impression this guy had $20 to his name and had zero desire to get a job and live like an adult.

10 months is a long ass time to date a guy like that, no way she's a gold digger.

> but then don't get annoyed when it turns out he's a millionaire bum and you suddenly want him back

Or she was happy to live a normal middle class existence with the guy she wanted to marry

Assuming she is telling the truth. If she was really in love with him and had misgivings about the direction of his life and what that meant for their relationship she would have talked to him about it, not just dump him cos "lol he's too poor"

When you stop pretending do be that guy from Veeky Forums

I keep most of my money in the major stock indexes bruh. And yes govt bonds are safe investments. They won't make you money but they won't lose you money either.

A friend of a friend is going through the same thing. He's a 300lbs obnoxious slob who inherited 14milli from his dad dying. He's still super depressed and chases after barely average looking hipster girls with pink hair and septum rings that still won't fuck him.
I'd say to honestly keep quiet about it for a few until you can really trust her. Put her to the test. See what she's like living off next to nothing with you. Don't over do it to the point of frustration though cause that could ruin any relationship. Just make sure she loves you no matter what and just spill the beans one night after good sex. It's not like she'll be mad at you for being a secret millionaire. Even if she is just buy her a new car or something

The plates were mobile and not connected to the rest of the skelton, similar to quardupeded animals' front limb.

They could fold them and fuck like hedgehogs.

Prenup is a useless piece of paper. It has never actually worked for the guy, unless the bitch wouldn't get shit regardless of prenup.

What if they could flap them in sequence and fly or hover for short durations?

> Or she was happy to live a normal middle class existence with the guy she wanted to marry

Pretty clearly not the case. People interested in a 'normal middle class existence' don't express sudden regret when they find out their ex was wealthy, nor do they express jealousy at some 'girl i went to high school with buying her third property with her husband'.

The woman was a gold digger. Full stop.

Didn't dinosaurs lay eggs, and then the daddy just had to jizz on them

Like with roosters?

This

People want to be secure in a relationship, should she have stayed with him if he moved into a fucking cardboard box?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having ambition and wanting to experience all the finer things the world can offer, and then placing the same expectations on the partner you desire to be with.

Guy does indeed sound like a faggot

Incorrect, Prenups work. I've seen people get fucked by Divorces, and then I've seen people with Prenups. GET A PRENUP IF YOU BALLING OUT.

> There is absolutely nothing wrong with having ambition and wanting to experience all the finer things the world can offer, and then placing the same expectations on the partner you desire to be with.

If and only if your own career can support your tastes. Expecting a partner to provide this sort of thing to you, which the woman in this situation clearly did, is beyond contemptible.

>retards in this thread look at the image
>hurr big number how op how hurr?
>can't even look at the filename or date in the fucking image
You people are brain dead and will never ever have any significant amount of money

ok

prove that youre an ultra high net worth individual to justify your condescension

>please Mrs feminist judge, my evil abusive husband made me sign the prenup under duress
>ok, I'm throwing out the prenup, take him to the cleaners!

For your convenience

I wouldn't tell her for at least a year. Maybe two.

So, you're actually already doing it right.

Go out of your way to not buy expensive stuff, don't eat out (or go out for drinks often), and basically do things that are free but fun. You're kind of doing it right. Maybe mention that it's your parents stuff and that you actually don't have anything and are not set up to inherit anything

Take her on cheap dates.

>invested all in vanguard
about the same time you tell her you're a pussy

Uuhhh......
This is b8 right, and im being retarded?

What if i both i got it from rich ass parents and also through a lawsuit over an injury, although i am not fucked up to the point of other people ever being able to notice it

I had a friend who's dad was filthy rich. He had a Ferrari and would take girls out with it on the first date. When the second date came around he'd turn up in his other car (a beat up Ford Falcon) and act like nothing was different. He could figure out if a girl was a gold digger based on their reaction.

They were bird-like reptiles, so I assume it was a female lays eggs then male fertilizes them situation. Dinosaurs definitely didn't fuck like mamals

yeah reverse image search showed OP snagged i from 1958558 but even the anons in that thread are calling him out on the 2015 thing

fuck man, to think that 5k of those will fix my life forever, just a small fraction of what you have... Living in a poor third world country doesn't help and also having to pay debts because of my ex boyfriend who was an absolute leech doesn't help either.

nah m8s NEVER tell her. Just keep living a reasonable life, only using your money to keep it comfy. Maybe the occasional treat but nothing that gives away how much you really have.
People think spending within your means, means spending everything you can. Especially women.
Almost everyone I know yearns for payday and complains about having no money despite them ALL being middleclass or above. Absolute faggotry.

I dont think you understand. A prenup cant be avoided.

>People interested in a 'normal middle class existence' don't express sudden regret when they find out their ex was wealthy, nor do they express jealousy at some 'girl i went to high school with buying her third property with her husband'.
This.
Dumping him is one thing but regretting it after finding out he's loaded is another thing entirely.

For those arguing about prenups they are not legally binding here in the UK.

"The divorce court has the power to redistribute a family’s assets as they see fit so as to bring about equality between the couple."

50k is nothing unless you're outside London?

He probably is outside London.

>Or she was happy to live a normal middle class existence with the guy she wanted to marry
>jealous of her friend who bought her third property with her husband
pick one