Holy shit this is so much fun

Holy shit this is so much fun.

Just started out and omg. It's way better than running for sure.
And I can learn tricks while I'm at it

Anyone else love this shit? Any cool stuff to learn?

Same for me, I started incorporating some jump rope after I hurt my meniscus recently. Plus long steady state cardio is shit.
Sometimes I do jump rope in between sets, e.g. cable flyes and intense jump rope instead of resting.
Also, working on double unders is cool and improves your coordination.
Something I can also recommend is doing different "patterns" with single/double unders, e.g. 3 singles followed by 1 double, and repeat. Great for coordination!

Did it a ton for boxing ,keeps you light on the feet and tricks are always fun to keep going.

I successfully did my first double under today!

I've only been practising for 15 minutes total, ever, so i'm pretty proud of it.
So psyched to get good at this, and I wish I could go on, but my calves are still burning from yesterday.

Can't seem to get alternating leg to work just yet, but I'm probably rushing it as it is

just incorporate it in a consistent way into your workouts, as a warm-up or for some cardio in the end of your workout. Doing it in the end as a replacement for traditional cardio is great, since it keeps your whole body moving and therefore decreases muscle soreness and decreases recovery time.

I pratice bare foot at home so when i fuck up the rope stings when it hits my feet

what the fuck is go-

I do this too. can hurt like fucking hell.

tfw shin splints because of this shit

Literally just wear shoes.

>wearing shoes at home
burger detected

Can't you get it just as easily from running as well?

>the rope stings when it hits my feet

>Bought a shitty plastic/rubber speed rope from target.
>It won't uncurl all of the way no matter how much i stretch it/have it hanging.
>Hits my feet all the fucking time.

Would you guys say jump rope is better for endurance/cardio vascular stuff than just running on a treadmill?

lol no idea

but 5 minutes of jump rope left me way more winded than running and it's way less boring

Double Dutch with your girlfriends lulz

what surface do you guys jump on?
i bought a rope with a wire cable mantled with plastic and it is really not good for jumping on asphalt or stone.

pic related, ist starts ripping in the middle where the rope touches the ground

I'm gonna have to hide this post soon. OP's glee over fucking jump rope irritates the shit out of me every time I see it.

Sorry! Take care, though!

I wish I could do that at home. My appartment is way too small