Does Veeky Forums shave against the grain ?

Does Veeky Forums shave against the grain ?
The final result is definitely better when i do but i read somewhere that it's not good for your skin and can cause problems like ingrown hairs and such

Only when I was in the army so I could get away with shaving every other day instead of daily.

Always with the grain. My skin gets way too angry if I go against, or even across

I lasered off my facial and leg hair

Don't shave, trim it to a nice stubble.

post glute spread

If I don't shave against the grain it looks like I pretty much didn't shave at all. The result is that I can only shave 2 times per week because it fucks up my skin.

I wish I could grow a reasonable beard t b h

Too thin for now,i'm only 19 and praying for some beard gains in the upcoming years
Besides,i've got a good jaw so shaving allows me to show it off

lather a shit ton, shave with the grain, lather again, shave across, lather again, and shave across in the other direction or against the grain for maximum shave at minimal pain

Fucking hell how long do you guys spend shaving everyday? I have pretty thick fast growing facial hair but once with the grain is easily enough plus better for your skin.

This is confirmed GOAT technique for smoothest shave.

>tfw 19 and can't grow a beard for shit and jaw line is 4/10
feels bad

just grow a beard dude :^)

once with the grain and once against, lather each time.

also i had real bad ingrown hairs whenever i used those multi-blade gillette razors. i got a safety razor and haven't had any issue since.

Same here.
Where you from lad?

I do whatever. Just rub my face against my electric shaver until it feels smooth. My beard is even worse than an average 15 year olds so i can get away without shaving for a week.

Also is there any hope for growing a decent beard anymore? I'm turning 25 and all i have is this blonde shit, which is relatively thick. Looks pretty awful after a week or so, so i never tried growing it out.

Dunno if you even can have a blonde beard with light brown hair or is that shit just vellus hair?

Only shave against the grain with a single blade razor.

You go with the grain first and then do a second pass against. Baby smooth.

I usually just trim my stubble to a couple of millimetres long using a beard clipper, shaving with a razor feels feels like I'm rubbing a cheese grater against my face

If you have weak hair in some spots you can just do with grain and then against grain, no need for an across pass.

I only do all 3 for the upper lip area at most. Sometimes I just stop after with and across grain passes if it seems like there's too much resistance. Not going to force a Feather against the grain on my upper lip if it's not going gently.