Is zero cal a viable strategy? See here

Is zero cal a viable strategy? See here

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014067366992546X
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002962915354628
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014067366892299X
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's not "zero calories" if your body is forced to utilize fat stores to make up for a caloric deficit.

"Zero calories" is being 8% bodyfat and still starving yourself.

Ofcourse it will work, but it will take an unnecessary long time since your body want to preserve the remaining energy deposits for as long as possible.
So you will just feel like shit for no reason at all, when you instead could have done a moderate drop in calories and maybe done some cardio for the health benefit or go harder at the gym.

i read that it only starts to be a problem at about 4%

This is literally the opposite of the truth.

what is this bullshit, sage this thread before actually some autistic kid start believing this shit and get sick or worst...

Not gonna take the b8 m8.

>41105240

That's not how that works at all.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>your body want to preserve the remaining energy deposits for as long as possible.

Because it's transitioning. After 3 days, ime, you get your normal self back but even better.

It only "preserves" it if you worsen the temporary insulin spike with more carbs. After a few days, you start to gain insulin sensitivity as opposed to exacerbating pre-diabetes and getting insulin resistance.

What's funny? Fat exists for a reason. Not eating simulates conditions where that reason is a fact (no food intake). As long as you makeup essential vitamins and minerals and stay hydrated, you can live without eating.

The hunger pangs stop after about 24 hours.

*live without eating as long as you have sufficient fat stores

He's laughing because he's read the sticky and now he's an expert on nutrition.

You're body will go into starvation mode (no meme) and you will feel like a zombie. It's retarded. Just eat at a deficit and have patience. Also I guarantee you will not be able to do it for more than one or two days.

What exactly do you think happened to cavemen when they went without food for a few days?

What's funny is that I see some people considering the most autistic shit ever, and even funnier it gets when I realise some autists will actually try this shit. How difficult is it to just eat less than your TDEE, a time proof method that is undoubtedly the simplest way to drop bodyfat. The way I see it, this nonsense is a sad attempt made for desperate overweight people to lose weight faster and effortlessly.

>Don't eat, live off your fat storage
>Living off a multivitamin pill
>(OMTAD) One Multuvitamin Tablet A Day

I don't even...

>ou're body will go into starvation mode (no meme) and you will feel like a zombie.

for a 2-4 day adaptation period. Once you're past that period, you feel better than your old normal.

asb

>I don't even...

1. I didn't recommend a multivitamin pill. The fucking things are worthless in comparison to choosing individual substances.

2. Living off your fat switches the body to keto mode. In keto, starches taste disgusting and fats and protein taste amazing. And the good thing about fats and protein is that they activate the "satiation' signal a lot sooner than carby snacks do.

Ummm isn't that called an eating disorder / bulimia nervosa?

They kept trucking because they were hard niggas, unlike us soft faggots nowadays.

That's vomiting your food. Not eating for the sake of fasting and keto adaptation is not a disorder.

>having periods of fasting and feeding is more autistic than logging everything you eat and trying to hit all your macros

okay then lad

>How difficult is it to just eat less than your TDEE, a time proof method that is undoubtedly the simplest way to drop bodyfat

well actually it's more difficult than fasting, and it will make you feel like shit

>The way I see it, this nonsense is a sad attempt made for desperate overweight people to lose weight faster and effortlessly

because losing weight more quickly and easily - and keeping it off because you haven't lowered your metabolism, like continuous calorie restriction does - is a terrible idea, right?

smeghead.

No. Even under controled medical circumstances, you will die. I read a study about it just last night, could find it probably if someone needs.

A dutch man, under controlled circumstances, lost something like 200 pounds over the course of a year just by being hydrated (on the hospital bed) and getting the right feed of nutrients.

Why would you die from utilizing fat FOR THE FUCKING REASON IT EVOLVED? (dense energy storage that can be used up in times of sparse food)

Please do.

>literally starvaishun mode

>because losing weight more quickly and easily
you realize you'll be losing muscle too right?

you realise you've been misinformed, right?

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/

>logging everything you eat and trying to hit all your macros

Here you are, overcomplicating things like an autist

Let me simplify things for you:

>Weigh yourself weekly
>Make sure you get an adequate amount of protein
>Wanna cut? Reduce how much you're eating until the scale moves
>Wanna bulk? Increase how much you're eating until the scale moves

This is what I did and the results were pic related. I didn't starve myself or lived off my fat storage lmao

>Eating less than your TDEE will make you feel like shit

Then what about not eating? That'll make you feel better for sure amirite?

Making a thread about this """"""method"""""" for the sake of hipothesizing it seems fine to me, after all this board was made for the discussion of health and fitness related topic, but actually seeing some smartasses recommend this to people who just started working out makes me vomit in disgust.

Losing fat is a far bigger priority than gaining muscle at the weights indicated. Getting down to a point where insulin sensitivity is restored and to where you can start using gym equipment, without too much handicap, is a more pertinent goal.

>Then what about not eating? That'll make you feel better

yes! correct! now you're getting it!

you see, your body isn't as stupid as you - once it detects that food is scarce, it starts burning body fat for energy. and, if you're considering fasting, you have PLENTY of body fat available to burn.

I was being ironic stop being so dense

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014067366992546X
Here you go

>but actually seeing some smartasses recommend this to people who just started working out makes me vomit in disgust.

If they're 250+, it would do them a world of good to shed fat as fast as possible. Not eating stops feeling like shit after a few days. Once you get into keto, your taste buds reject starches and savor fats/proteins. When you eat fats/proteins as a majority share of diet, you feel "full"/satiated much faster. You also possess the satisfaction of fullness a lot longer.

yes i realised that. but what you said was unintentionally correct.

Unfortunately, that's a single woman. In 1969.

There's too many unknowns to assume that it was a direct result of fasting as opposed to a deficiency in some substance during fasting.

I'll try looking for the study with the dutch man.

you realize the writer has no idea what he's typing right?
>protein needs decrease
>that means you don't lose muscles
wrong, it means the rate of muscle loss decreases, does not go to 0 though

had to facepalm shortly into the article at this
>Muscle gain/ loss is mostly a function of EXERCISE. You can’t eat your way to more muscle.
you try gaining muscle while not eating anything then, see how that goes for you

''''''dr'''''' fung is on the same level as dr oz

that whole post is for you, you do not speak for someone that isn't you, someone might come along that isn't 300+ lbs and take your shit advice and they will lose strength + muscle mass

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002962915354628
>youre citing a source with only one example, so its irrelevant
>let me go find my example of one guy
Heres something more recent

>someone might come along that isn't 300+ lbs and take your shit advice and they will lose strength + muscle mass

But they'd gain insulin sensitivity and less body-wide inflammation caused by obesity. Which would also help with mental focus. Cutting fat is the main goal UNTIL the "plateau". Once you plateau, you eat keto and workout.

>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002962915354628

Pardon me if I'm being a complete idiot but isn't the article talking about treating particular cardiovascular symptoms of obesity?

How is that relevant to not eating for a long time?

>Cutting fat is the main goal
>I don't give a shit about losing muscle and strength
you should post this in the first message of every shit thread about fasting
(You) should just roid and use dnp, you want results quick

to any other overweight people in this thread you should just workout and eat less, you'll have more muscle + strength that way

>you'll have more muscle + strength that way

But at certain levels of obesity (250+ for most people), fat sheds at a far faster rate than muscles do.

Getting insulin sensitivity back and reducing bodily inflammation sets a person up for success once they go below 250+. I would think that being able to literally think "clearer" would help in the introductory stage of going to gym and getting familiar with the gym environment and yadda yadda.

That's my observation and opinion.

>Getting insulin sensitivity back and reducing bodily inflammation sets a person up for success
so would discipline and learning how to eat right, bodily inflammation is a normal thing too, you can reduce it by losing weight and reducing insulin sensitivity by reducing carbs
you just want a get thin quick trick, I'm done responding

Shit linked the wrong article. Heres another one to tide you over while i find the one im looking for.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014067366892299X

>so would discipline and learning how to eat right, bodily inflammation is a normal thing too, you can reduce it by losing weight and reducing insulin sensitivity by reducing carbs

The problem of invoking discipline is that "mainstream" modern diets seem to be made by a devil who wants to promote compulsive cravings and compulsive eating. It doesn't promote satiation at all. Just look at what's considered fucking breakfast.

>glass of orange juice with no fiber to slow down conversion to glucose and to moderate insulin spikes
>Cereal that is converted to glucose and spikes insulin
>Fucking toast that is converted to glucose and spikes insulin

That's a recipe for continual cravings.

>you just want a get thin quick trick

The trick actually works until the "plateau". Then you start eating low-carb and going to the gym. Just as with every other piece of furniture, exercise equipment is awkward for grossly obese people to use.

>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S014067366892299X

Oh okay. So if you have major heart problems, then starvation is morbid. But what were the ages of the subjects? My guess is somewhere around the middle-aged to senior range. Which would mean decades of obesity.

That's different from a 20-30 year old attempting the same thing. Heart failure hasn't been paved yet, so to speak.

Oops just realized that the other article i was looking for had nothing to do with starvation. Either way, even though my evidence is somewhat older, its still valid. There are about 5 other studies that are say just about the same as the others that i linked. It seems that while some people do just fine, other die of this heart condition. So i will retract my pervious statement that "you will die" and say "you could die". It woild probably be better to just do a normal diet if your morbid fat.

Water fasting was good enough for Jesus. You guys saying you're better than Jesus? Smh.

>you haven't lowered your metabolism, like continuous calorie restriction does

>eating a larger deficit is somehow less harmful to your metabolism than a smaller deficit

I almost feel bad for you obese fucks that would ever even consider something like a zero calorie diet, but you did it to yourselves.

If you had any medical knowledge at all, you wouldn't even touch that shit or recommend it to anyone.

Some thinspo Veeky Forumsg could be reading this and try it out.
Your brain can't function on just ketone bodies and your body will start breaking down amino acids in all kinds of tissue - as in your organs.

There are heaps of deaths from fasting trials during the years.

Also, intermittent fasting is fine and same goes for some longer fasts in between.
Just don't overdo it, since it is very easy to develop eating disorders without knowing it.