Did any of you overcome knee cave when squatting

Did any of you overcome knee cave when squatting.

This always happens to me above 2 plate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM&t=267s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6OxhEHavQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If your knees cave in you're not doing proper form, deload until you can do it properly. Stop lying to yourself.

turn your feet more out and use a wider stance

Well i already did that. But as soon as i got to about 2 plates again, same problem

Push knees out when you go up so they stay out over your toes

also

Wider stance? Are you sure about that? I always read to narrow the stance...

Either might work, depending on the reason for your caving. Try pic related as well.

I did OP and it only took me a few months.

My problem was weak Hip abductors and fixed it with this matching and taking wide lateral steps with a band around my ankles.

stance is one thing you shouldn't use from someone else. find your own comfortable stance. your feet should be at least 30 deg pointing out and when you go down you should keep knees over them so basically pushing them to the side

Ahhh, the good ol crotch buster machine.

>stance is one thing you shouldn't use from someone else
>proceeds to say what stance to be in

Will buy a band and try this. Thanks m8

Oh shit, this is the "good girl" one, right? I have been doing the dick presenting counterpart. Does this one make more sense in my situation

This is the worst fucking advice, I have the same problem and what actually fixed it instead of just masking the problem was banded work with a hip circle (or band) and really wide stance squats and box squats. If you only ever drop weight you'll never be able to do it properly at heavy weight

telling him to point his feet out has nothing to do with his stance

It's perfect advice, retard.
>hurr durr bad advice all I had to do was artifically support my body to overcome my inability to use proper form at the weight I was trying for

If you can't do it with proper form, you're trying to hard. Lift with your body not with your desire to impress.

That pic is retarded. Even though the second is indeed bad, the two pictures aren't in the same range of motion and it doesn't really show the correct form.

it's just a fucking image dude... snap out of it

You need to make sure you are regularly stretching and rolling your hips. Also, staying tight through the movement is key. If your knees look like theyre caving on the descent, you have a body morphology issue. This is very rarely the case though.

Push your knees out? I don't know how else you would solve this problem

then show us the proper form im curious.

i don't know why this should be. it might be something as simple as forgetting to force them out hard. its difficult to remember cues without someone shouting them at you when there's a heavy barbell trying to bury you.

literally just force them out, hard. i mean hard. as in, it should be one of the major things you should think about during the squat.

if it only happens at heavy weights, it's not a mobility issue.

That doesn't train your hip abductors but the band thing does

raise your knee up so you're standing on one foot. rotate the lifted ankle outwards. that is what the hip abductors do, basically nothing and that's why they are never mentioned

forcing your knees out during squats is the job of the glutes. chances are your glutes are already strong enough to do this but you aren't used to the movement at heavy weight yet.

just point out your toes outwards enough so that its impossible for knees to cave in

youtube.com/watch?v=QhVC_AnZYYM&t=267s

LIFT WITH YOUR ASS OP

what do I do about popping noises in my knees when squatting?

Stop pushing your knees out artificially. Take a stance that suits you and sit between your legs.
Don't cue knees out, it's shit.

What happens when you force your knees out into artificial width, is that your legs are in a shitty position for your quads to work strong. Hence they swipe back into proper position and often further than that.

Go down by breaking from the hip go back up focusing only to lift your ass up first. Worked for me.

bump
i also have this and its worries me a lot

nothing, popping and cracking isn't a cause for concern unless it hurts

Narrow your stance.

Don't be shit.

It's similar to when you crack your knuckles, right? I've been sedentary as fuck while growing up so I'm afraid I might have fucked up my legs

it doesn't really hurt but can be a bit uncomfortable

Mine does this because my femurs and tibias are misaligned.

Just means it's too much weight

I had the same problem, fixed by doing tons of lunges and glute work

youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6OxhEHavQ
try this, helped me alot, basically dont shove your knees out until your coming out of the hole

Shove your knees out when you squat, thats all you need to do

Maybe squats with a band around your knees to cue it but thats about it

Deloading is a meme. If you only use light weights you won't learn how to maintain good form when it gets heavy. You need to work with weights that forces you to try hard to maintain good form but isn't so heavy that you can't maintain good form.

Also don't try to have perfect form from the get go. Try to improve your form little by little instead. This will allow you to a) get stronger instead of deloading constantly and b) fix the most glaring errors in your technique.