Veeky Forums Parenting General (/FPG/):

All Veeky Forumsizens are welcome, certainly those who are either thinking about having children, have children or are awaiting an arrival.

Discuss Veeky Forums parenting, or even ask for advice.

Concept came from:

Threadly reminder that putting your kids on roids is BAD PARENTING

I'm gonna find a square jaw woman, so my kids can have alpha square jaws. Also they need slayer eyes too.

Unlesk wanting stronk, da.

in the physical sense a newborn baby can be trained for good ROMs and felxibility by easy moving of their bodyparts (legs, arms)

later (3-6 yrs) they can learn basic stretching movements, gymnastics, some child judo, karate, aikido for movement coordination

at the age of 6-8 children can start bodyweight compound excercises and running, swimming to improve their cardiovascular system and the vascularity of the muscles

at the age of 10-12 children can start lifting light weights until 15-17 yrs when bone density can keep up with the gains

>thingen physical aspects are the only one
>wong mate
>most children can learn to read at the age of 2-3
>music, science, warfare, basic economics, history, the options are limitless
>not wanting invincible godlike omniscient offsprings

now comeon
do you even want ur genetic code 2 surbibe

This sounds perfect, I'll instil these virtues in them like a camp kommandant.

>most children can learn to read at the age of 2-3
I like the Finnish ideas around early years shit. They're less bothered about getting the kids to read early as elsewhere. I know in the US there's a tendency to use flashcards and what not, but imo for young kids read in front of them with the book and they usually pick it up. THEN think about remedial exercises if that doesn't work.

According to my cousins pic related (Finnish baby box) is a life saver btw.

wtf is dat

is ... is dat the way they teach isolation techniques in finnland?

also
>not using the magical learning curve in the first 3 yrs
>leaving them struggle all their lives as an adult

well i wont argue w/ u on dat
we keep going on our different paths

It's partly so you can fall asleep next to your baby without worrying about killing them accidentally. It also holds stuff like nappies and wipes and so on for easy access and storage.

Everyone's going to raise their kids differently, I would be wary tho of taking any advice on reading since it's like snake oil central out there. Some of the practices in the US are not helpful but are still pushed, bit of a minefield.

>giving children hormones for making them strong
WHAT A MONSTER TAKE THOSE CHILDREN AWAY FROM HIM
>giving children hormones to change their sex
lol that's their choice

interesting
here in eastern europe its common for someone to read and write at the age of 7

in my mind i believe its 12 or more for the US and Canada - so maybe that flashcard thing is a private initiative?

anyway i dont think there could be any damage by showing some letters and let them play w/ them (i believe the keyword is always play - as long as it is entertaining and children do it with pleasure it will always be a huge stepping stone in their development - may that be reading, music, bushcraft, horsing or whatever the hell you and your kids like to do)

>to let children eat hormone-rich CAFO meat which makes them fat
waaaat noway man muh industrial powa

kek these thing are funny

My son is 6 and is learning basic reading and writing in kindergarten. I know you Yuropeans think you're way better than us, but damn, that is a low opinion.

i'd prolly put them on some calisthenics at around age 13-14 and then weightlifting at 16+ instead

which martial arts is the better for a young child?
I think judo is the best option for being safe and still useful for self-defence

Please do your kids a favor and read Why Zebras dont get Ulcers by Prof Robert Sapolsky. I gift it to every friend of mine that gets pregnant. Its about stress in general, how it affects sleep, memory, growth.

Having kids is selfish. Prove me wrong.

I believe that's the same as Finland. They focus on group play first and then most of them read at 7 or 8. I grew up in the UK and reading was expected at like 4 or 5. I also have a small collection of my communist Yugoslav baby books somewhere, and they're similar to the sort of things you get in the UK, so I always assumed most of Eastern Europe were the same. That said we have had more free thinking schools in the past, for example Prof Stephen Hawking learnt to read at 8.

The US definitely has a problem. One of the worst practices are where they try to get the kids to recognize whole words at a glance. Supposedly this can work for Chinese characters but it can make reading English harder than it need be. Sounding out is more natural and better.

I have some literacy resources for my somewhat literate brother (he has a disability from birth p much), it's more for adults but might upload them if anyone's interested.

It is morality, therefore not objective, therefore you statement isn't a maxim and therefore it is subjective.

>TL;DR: It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, because it only applies to you and those that hold a similar opinion (and as humanity keeps existing, I'd say you're a minority).

Q.E.D

>actually TRAINING your child
I'm not a child psychologist but this seems like a really good way to make them hate you, children are supposed to train by playing, i.e get them to run around outside, climb trees, swim, ride bikes, play games, fight each other and so on

I mean sports, sure, because running around kicking balls or whatever can be pretty fun, but think back to when you were a child and ask yourself if pure cardio doesn't seem boring as fuck

training is more for teenagers and adults

Im scared guys. I just want to have an alpha son that fugs all the bitches in High School, and that is smart and strong and good looking and a leader. I want him to have the teenage dream I never had and I will do everything in my might to let him have that.

>What if Im gonna get a daughter
>What if my son becomes a nu-male-pacifist

HE WILL MAKE IT AND I DONT CARE IF HE WILL HATE ME BECAUSE ONE DAY HE WILL SEE WHAT I GAVE HIM!

....Im really only scared of not being the best father a kid can have tho

Probably the same strategy as my Dad. He did good.

Basically he would take us tramping or bike riding almost every weekend, excellent way to spend time together. He always tried to give us a taste of everything, he took us skiing, taught me how to surf, which is the only sport I still do as an adult.
During the week after he got home from work we would go out onto the park behind our house and kick a ball, run laps or played this really crazy version of tiggy on our giant trampoline, when I was about 16 we started lifting light weights together.
Combined with being given a glass of milk with breakfast, dinner and lunch I started life with a very healthy body.

now thats an excellent point sir

agreed, that whole-word-reading technique is bs

fair point, not easy to make training a fun thing

success and advancement however generate (generally) motive to enjoy them

nonononono bro chill out

>what if my son becomes a nu-male-pacifist
well if you keep ur eyes on him and make everything in your power to guide him and teach him everything you learned, combined w/ ur genetic heritage its highly unlikely to turn out that sad way

>wat if im gona get daughter
kek its even better - women are the base of a nation, the real deal, what makes a population fertile and basically capable of surviving - women are the pillars of our society and culture

also imagine her bfs faces when they learn that she is a proven martial artist 10+ yrs, fit, healthy, well-read, can shoot anything w/ anything practically from any distance and may or may not know 6000 different ways to kill somebody - but is still a good hearted person

>am really scarred of not bin d best VATER
well brother, thats the ticket to being a godd father - keep doubting urself and keep improving, stay in shape

>What if Im gonna get a daughter

Divorce your wife and leave her to raise it herself. That'll fuck her up nicely so other people's sons have low-level material to practice on.

as this brother point out, if you give a taste of everything, they can decide what they want to do and what they think of as fun so you can guide them through a lot of things without it being a hassle

only if it's fun or okay to begin with

if some kid hates lifting weights becoming stronger is not going to convince him to find it fun, though the encouragement of his parents is going to make him feel good

and preteens really don't need weightlifting to begin with

I think doing fun shit that just happens to get him to learn to enjoy moving his body is going to be much better in the long run than instilling some kind of spartan discipline

maybe such training is warranted if you're a warrior aristocrat and the success of your son will depend on his skill in the phalanx but not these days

not to say that you're going to let him run completely wild without any discipline in other aspects of life, like schoolwork or whatever

Wait, for cot and clothes? Genius!

I have a baby girl, any parents with daughter's here? She's 9months, and already trying to walk. Kinda scared that I'm a parent now hoping I can raise her right. That being said there is so much bullshit sjw propaganda that I'm afraid that she will get sucked in early on

I have a two year old daughter and a four month old son, I'm twenty one, going on twenty two in June.

25 here. Damn.. pretty young. Hows the parenting going with your daughter?

>storing your baby in a cardboard filing box

Do Americans really do this?

My daughter is 3. She walked at 7 months. It doesn't get easier.

Also, forget the 'terrible twos' and prepare your anus for the 'terrible threes'

Seriously, it's bad. Love the shit out of her tho.

Do europoors even read?

>Finland is in America
Are you sure you're not American?

Good, though she's an evil baby (sometimes cute). She likes to headbutt, bite and doesn't listen.
She speaks fairly clearly though and started trying to walk at six months.

It is Finnish, bro.

Damn straight, she opens doors, gates; turns on and off lights (if she can reach, or uses her toys/chairs, etc). Fucking nightmare. - I probably get decent enough cardio just trying to keep up with her.

>not isolating your baby to acclimatize her to finnish society
do you even mämmi?

>12
Are you retarded? We learn to read at 5-6.
Stop thinking you're better than us, you're not.

US literacy rates are bad tho.

Looks nice...

I just got full custody of my sons. I have a 7 year old, 4 year old, and 2 month old. My gym has daycare for an extra 15 a month, so I drop the 7yo off at school, take the baby to his aunt's or a friend, then hit the gym with the 4yo. They have an Xbox360 with Minecraft so he's content. Been nice to be able to balance parenting and not miss my workouts. I started lifting so I could keep up with them at sports.

I'm so glad to hear that, normally courts unfairly place the onus upon the mother (even if they are unfit to be mothers).

China is going to rule the world, very soon.