/plg/ powerlifting general

poverty deadlift edition

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingtowin.com/starting-strength/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fIRST

you smashed it
good job

How can he lift so much weight yet look so tiny?

if you can't squat 500 within 12 months of starting strength training you will probably never make it and should just focus on aesthetics

Would that pass in IPF with all the shaking and shit?

How can someone squat more than they DL too, ur a freak kermit.

I miss her lads

Good leverages and how quick he has gained strength, he is only 17 and been lifting like 2 years his body has not even finished growing, as he gets older he will probably fill out more once the muscle growth catches up.

What does it mean if legs are shaking on the way down during squat? How can I prevent it? Missed three plate PR today (was half way up) but managed to get 295.

>not far of 6plate DL still feel weak.

When will i be strong /plg/ i still feel like im lifting bitch weight. I want to be strong and not just commercial gym strong.

I want to pull 600lb+ before i consider that good for a natty.

no downward movement
not hitched
good lift

shut up

>When will i be strong /plg/
never lad
its a moving goalpost

U

you're an idiot

your*

me too

what you pull doesnt affect how strong you are because only squat and bench are important

also this but its a good thing. it drives you forward

wow isn't it weird how we miss the same girl

Would putting 10lb plates on before I put on 45s help me mimic the whip on a dl bar by pushing the weight out further? I compete with a dl bar but only have access to shitty commercial gym bar in training

as plato explains in the republic or the cave or some shit, everything in our material world is but a shadow cast by it's ideal form.

there exists an ideal form of "the one that got away" which casts a single shadow we all see from various angles

this ugly frog child's gonna fuck up his body isnt he like 17 or some shit what the fuck

I miss him lads

what about it

Why not just stick with the stiff bar for trennings and get stronger?

I don't really understand that quote

i wanna be a powerlifter, guys.

im fatty here with some shitty lifts i'd say 60kg ohp, 80kg squat, 80kg bench and 100kg deadlift. should i keep running SS, ive heard mix that SS isnt the best for fatties. just wondered if you guys got any guidance for me to become a powerlifter.

Oof

kys

Cuz pulling on a dl bar is somewhat of a skill in and of itself. I tried just using a stiff bar last meet prep and ended up pulling less cuz the extra whip fucked me.

buy a dl bar and ask your gym to store it (and keep the normies away from it)

i think it just means that we all have the same problems

philosophers are very good at wrapping simple, obvious shit up in poetry

Can someone explain the point in the RD in the TM?

nice

I want to spice things up, what are some good deadlift variations?

So far i do paused up to knee then finish rep.

SS is not a powerlifting program
powerliftingtowin.com/starting-strength/

ok well

Reduce soreness, practise movement pattern, promote recovery.

Thats the eventual plan but im a poor uni student and that just isnt worth the purchase atm

thanks for that pal. i'm still a novice so i guess its best to keep at it for now

deficit, rack pull, stiff-leg (basically lower to just below knee and come up), straight-leg, jefferson curl (which is the way BFS does straight-leg), jefferson deadlift, deadlift behind the back aka hack lift ... that's all I got

Uhhhhh recovery?

And honestly it's still some volume, just not a ton. You smoke some lighter weights, get some blood flowing, and the movement pattern feels good for Friday. I ended up doing paused squats and Spoto for RD.

Gotta train how you compete, m80

^This. That's what me and my powerlifting friends did at my old shitty chain gym; we all pitched in like 50 bucks each between like 8 or 9 people to get a nice deadlift bar since we all competed in USPA (inb4 lolfed)
stored it in a stairwell, and slapped a locked collar on it, too, just in case anybody besides us found it.

I also fear some dumbass normie doing rack pulls with it and makinf the whip on it permanent

needed a training day and couldn't go heavy because tired; some movement practice; whether or not it reduces soreness or does shit for recovery is debatable as all fuck

notice when he built the 4x/week split TM you don't have any light days, I guess they're not that valuable then huh?

I'll be doing this eventually but Id rather have enough money to eat than have a dl bar

if you train in the uni gym, you could ask to start a pl club, get a small budget and get some pl stuff for the gym that only club members are allowed to use

if its a public gym, befriend the owner and see if he'll buy one

> I guess they're not that valuable then huh?

They're not really, you especially don't need a 'recovery day' for bench on TM as there is fuck all bench volume anyway.

>missed 190kg backsquat after I get it to a quarter squat

K I L L M E

>a-atleast I got 185
>a-and im 4kg lighter than when I hit 180

do nofap

>create a pl club
Thats actually a good idea. Unfortunately im going home ina few weeks. I may try this next year though.
I have a home gym when I go back home so ill probably start saving up for a dl bar this summer. Thanks for the help

bw?

You're weak

190kg

literally cant squat bw lmao (it is pretty hard to squat with so much weight stored in your chins tho I will admit)

tfw you still squat higher bw% than boardshorts who will never squat double bodyweight to IPF approved depths

Since I cant do either of those for now do you think pushing plates out firther would somewhat simulate the whip on a dl bar?

What's even special about deadlift bars? I've been using olympic weightlifting bar for everything other than bench press at my gym. Did I fuck up?

>I need a bendy bar so I can pull more weight to waist height and do nothing else with it

powerlifters everyone

Hey what if you just competed IPF?

So, how horrible is cutting really on the bench? Is it really that terrible, do you really lose so much strength in the benchpress?

>I can't squat 190
Subpar weightlifters everyone

>ich bin überheblich weil ich lmaa2platten über meinen kopf stoßen kann
lösch dich du hurensohn

kek good one user

Cuz noodle bars are fun and the usapl never has meets in va

Are Trappy and underage Frog guy gone?

kys you weak child

Why would i leave

In my experience squat is most fucked up, my deadlift is also shit now (less torso mass, less rigid, crumble like a woman or twink) but I think that could be avoided if you don't pull conventional.

tbf I always lose the most on my deadlifts and my squats and bench usually stay about the same.

Because you were banned for being 17?

>What is that you are squatting with the bar on your traps?!?! A classy powerlifter like myself would never bother with such tomfoolery as I squat with the bar placed firmly and neatly upon my rear deltoids so that I may move more weight up and down. What is that you say? Lowbar isn't a real exercise its just a strength feat used to ego lift and not represent actual leg strength? Why would you say such a thing? All of my favorite obese powerlifters do it so I should as well!

3/10 b8 still cant squat 190

but ray williams, the best and most obese powerlifter, squats highbar. ergo highbar is for obese people. which is why you do it

lmao panzer btfo

kys CHILD

he does a hybrid squat cause he doesnt have the mobility to do a full lowbar lmfao

reee notice me

No i was not

Youre not a weightlifter

These kinds of images are really only posted by people that participate in neither sport.

>"Is that all he's gonna do with that? Pull it to his waist?"
honestly the first time I ever saw someone deadlift I thought the same thing

he was also never a powerlifter either lol
he lifted in a gym once where someone gave commands and said he done a meet

Ill wait while you post your weightlifting meet

because its a really unathletic exercise its literally just strength no real technique no real finesse its just "fucking rip that shit and stay tight"

I'm definitely doing an entry level one next month and possibly another sometime between then and end of june and as I qualify for them in the future I will do national level meets

>an entry level
is that what you call gym mock meet?

>fell for the high bar meme
>first day back doing lowbar
>same weight and same RPE
>le good morning but its 3 PM
>same weight and same RPE
n-nani?!
I thought high bar was supposed to strengthen your quads and help you stay upright?

And when do I get my low bar cheater squat inflation?

Reeeeeeeeeee

are we going to get meet vids? I want to see my panzy babies chubby face :)

Deadlift is the most technical lift for me. I just can't fucking get it. There's so many cues and pure unadulterated fear involved that it just fucks me up everytime.

Everything else is pretty much grip width or moving downwards.

I generally do the same thing. Train high bar go back to liw bar a month before comp. It will take a week or two to get the movement down again

Ive been doing high bar for like a year and that and my long memeurs is what im blaming my slow gains on

How much more do you low bar than high bar?

Im hoping for my squat to explode. I suppose doing the same working sets on the first day of low bar again isnt bad

Can you snatch 1pl8 yet?

Last time I switched back to LB I smoked my prior meet PR for like @8-8.5. Sucks to suck, nerd

P.S. I actually suck too, especially at squat

>when you suddenly remember everything you're fucking awful at

usaw sanctioned, little boy

no

I snatched 80 on saturday and clean and jerked 105, a 21kg jump :)

for me its the Mcchicken, the best fast food sandwich

Ive never maxed out high bar and I just did project momentum where I wasnr allowed to do high bar so if I had to guess about 40-50 lbs between the two. When I go back to training high bar that number will probably lessen.

I wouldnr reccomend a year of high bar. I generally will do my hypertrophy and strength blocks high bar and peaking low bar, so im never training exclusively high bar for more than 2 months.

Because it's been so long since youve trained low bar it may take longer to get back to normal