Realistically, how long should i do StrongLifts 5x5 before switching to a different program...

realistically, how long should i do StrongLifts 5x5 before switching to a different program? I have been doing SL every other day all month at the moment. What is a good time to make the switch, if my end goal is aesthetics?

1/2/3/4

Untill you stall 3 times.
Or hit 1/2/3/4

You read the program, which tells you when to switch.

forgive me but what is 1/2/3/4?

>raw peanutbutter with a spoon

I actually do this, I'm a skelly fag and it's the only way I can gain any weight

1 plate ohp, 2 bench, 3 squat, 4 deadlift

yeah i've done this before.

1 pl8 OHP
2 pl8 bench
3 pl8 squat
4 pl8 deadlift

Fuck everything, SL 5*5 is boring. Do it as long as you want and when you feel like doing something else go PPL

standard plate is 45, right? (i have a home gym so i dont really know, biggest plates i have are 35s)

>tfw on SL and at 0.85/1.9/3/3

why is my DL so shit?

is this 1RM or 5RM

Sorry bro, I am european. But yeah 45 lbs I think.

Its 60kg OHP
100 kg bench
140 kg squat
180 kg deadlift

It's used for both. The time to switch is when you can do them for 5 I think.

SL is a meme. Too much for a strength program, not enough for aesthetics.

Do U/L if you really want aesthetics. No shitty brosplits.

I'm going to commandeer this thread so I don't have to make a new one since my problem is similar.

I'm DYEL starting with SL and I've been on-and-off for a couple of years. Finally started with a bit more dedication this year, been going for about 10 weeks or so now.

I'm up to 100kg squat, a little less DL since I skipped it a couple of times for form. But I can't seem to make any progress on bench or OHP. Wat do? I tried really pushing myself with OHP one week and hurt my shoulder, it still clicks every now and again. Bench is similar. My legs are great but I'm full T-rex mode.

You shouln't be doing 5x5 at all, Mehdi is a fucking hack

Why and what should I be doing instead?

PPL

>that pic
what about buttered peanuts?

Unironically, though, is there anything wrong with eating straight butter? PB gives me migraines, so I'm constantly butthurt about missing out on that mad protein/calorie goldmine.

Can I just straight eat butter?

I... I want to know this

pls respond

butter is almost 100% fat

if yu want that, drinking olive oil is easier

how much are you eating?

Imo
When you stall and deload 3x on the ohp and bench, add weight when you can get 3x5.

When you stall and deload on the squat 3x, time to do a different program.

1/2/3/4 sounds about right but this will depend on proportions espicially limb length. I dl'd 4 before i benched 2 for example.

Push- pull- legs is goat for aesthetics

Also Volume, Volume, and more volume

Also work all rep ranges. 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, 15-20. Be smart with how you Pair rep ranges with exercises.

Lots of peoteons. Rice goes down easy and is cheap as fuck. Also Olive oil is goat. Tastes awesome, is good for health and calorie dense

Fuck. Is there an equivalent godsend to penus butther so I can have something that won't give me a migraine?

>level 5
>making milkshake containing all of the above

1/2/3/4 is 135lbs overhead press, 225lbs bench, 315lbs squat, 405lbs deadlift.

>level 5
>consuming milk
Abhorrent

I'm trying to eat more but it's a real struggle since I'm already so small. I started about about 65 kg and I've gained about 3kg. I eat a 2 egg + bacon sandwich for breakfast every day (fried in butter), and I'm eating KFC 3 times a week in an attempt to get more easy calories. I generally eat leftovers for lunch, so something like spaghetti bolognese, or tuna mornay. I also drink a 700 ml protein shake every morning. I'm not counting calories but I feel like I could barely eat any more if I tried.

>level 6
>500g of pesto

What about this routine , compared to SL?

>PPL
>hitting each muscle group once a week

enjoy your shitty gains

No way near enough Volume

Do 5/3/1 plus boring but big

>once a week

>10 sets of 10 reps
Nigga...

Every time they post these fucking programs in this format and coloring I think I've accidentally clicked back to /g/ and I get confused.

>I'm not counting calories
count them, you're probably under eating. if you find it hard to eat enough then drink high calorie liquids like oil, milk or high cal shakes.

Go 6 times a week and hit everything twice you rimlord.

>recommending the autismal gainz goldmine that is BBB to a noob
This shit is for the retardedly commited, I ran Building The Monolith and it kicked the shit out of me, but finally allowed me to progress on OHP and squats

I started lifting on 531 and I'm happy with progress.