So I'm going to begin going to the gym tomorrow...

So I'm going to begin going to the gym tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of research and have learned that I am an ectomorph. Can Veeky Forums give me any advice on some work out routines and dieting ?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/best_ectomorph_workout.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bodybuilding.com/fun/best_ectomorph_workout.htm

Your research means nothing.
What do you want to accomplish and what are you working with?
That's what you and we have to know.

Read the sticky and fuck off, but also do SS+GOMAD

I want to gain more muscle mass and definition.

Basic bodybuilding split where you always put more weight on the bar each session.
Hiit, tabata, or cardio on your days off.

That's the most simple workout you can do.

GOMAD.
O
M
A
D

GOMAD >

SS + GOMAD

Watch form videos about 100 times until you think you're actually doing the lifts right, then keep practicing for months until your form is not complete shit. If done properly you will get strong fast. More likely than not you will get lazy and arrogant and injure yourself, basically making shitty progress until you finally start doing things right. You have a lot of learning and introspection to do. Godspeed user.

SS+GOMAD= get fat look like shit. Get lifts that curlbros get after years of training in 1 year but look like a fat cunt forever.

This is only true if you are a fatfuck by default. For normal people, cutting the fat later is easy. Even if you are a naturally gluttonous person, you can lose the fat through dedicated calorie restriction. curlbros are all either homosexuals or lifting for girls.

OP don't be a fucking curlbro please, but if you do, you might as well roid and save yourself years of being a DYEL liftlet.

>"'ve been doing a lot of research
Let me stop you right there kiddo. If you had done ANY actual research beyond a cursory google search of "fitness hurr durr" you would find out that somatotypes like ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT WITH NO SCIENTIFIC BACKING. YOU DO NOT HAVE A SPECIAL FAST METABOLISM YOU JUST DON'T EAT ENOUGH AND AS A RESULT ARE A SKINNY FUCK. Kappische? now go read the fucking sticky.

You should really cycle SS and GOMAD so you don't get gyno bro.

>This is only true if you are a fatfuck by default. For normal people, cutting the fat later is easy. Even if you are a naturally gluttonous person, you can lose the fat through dedicated calorie restriction. curlbros are all either homosexuals or lifting for girls.

You're fucking retarded. Going on a minor bulking and losing all of the fat after only works if you're a preteen to mid teen male, a pregnant woman or on serious amounts of fucking gear.

Anyone who claims otherwise is fucking retarded or a shill.

It works just fine if you keep your protein high and just generally keep tabs on your macros everyday.
Unless your lazy

>only works if you're a preteen to mid teen male, a pregnant woman or on serious amounts of fucking gear.
Is this bait? Losing fat while maintaining your lifts is not hard.

realize that bulking is a meme, that SS+gomad is a fucking joke, and that whoever tells you to eat a lot is a fat fuck. Just eat healthy, switch up heavy weight day with high volume days every now and then, eat a lot of protein, get your healthy fats in, kill everything with processed sugar, take in healthy carbs, eat chicken, take pre-workout without a shit ton of caffeine and shit that actually is good for you and won't give you a rush, don't listen to the meme bullshit around here, get nice clothing to motivate yourself, go every day, keep cheat days controlled and don't go fucking crazy, and have self control.

There.

This works too, but SS+gomad will get you to a baseline of strength much quicker as a beginner. Done properly you should be off the program in a matter of months and move into doing this.

This.

ENJOY YOUR COW HORMONE ESTRO TITS, NEWFAGS.

YES, ESS ESS AND GOMAD. GO CRAZY MILK INSANE. GO TO THE FUCKING STORE, AND JUST SAY "JUST FUCK UP MY STOMACH SENPAI" AND WATCH AS THE STORE CLERK RUNS TO THE DAIRY AISLE AND JUST WHIPS OUT A LONG BAR TO SLUG SIX GALLONS ON EACH SIDE AS THEY SPRINT TO YOU WHILE DOING MOBILE BARBELL MILK SQUATS.

JUST SUCK ALL THE MILK. JUST DRINK ALL THAT WHITE SHIT THAT HAS LESS MILK THAN A DECENT CUT PIECE OF CHICKEN...JUST DO IT BECAUSE IT LOOKS COOL AND FUCKING MAKES YOU FEEL SPECIAL FOR DRINKING A FUCKING GALLON OF MILK A DAY! YES! YOU ARE A SPECIAL MAN DO IT!
DON'T STOP THERE! ONCE THE STORE RUNS OUT, FIND EVERY WOMAN WHO PRODUCES BREAST MILK AND SUCK THEM ALL DRY UNTIL THE STORE RE-STOCKS YOUR CREAMY, STOMACH-CHURNING CUM-RESEMBLING LIQUID GOLD! OH YES, DELICIOUS WHITE LIQUIDS.

As a beginner your muscles won't be use to any of the movements and you will be able to make much more gains as opposed to someone who has been working out for a few years (and is not on gear, AKA roids) so go ahead and be pretty lenient about your diet when you first start lifting. Also counting macros is a bitch at first, don't worry, it'll get easier. After a while (a long ass while) start to mold your diet to your physique goals and by this point you should have some idea of wtf you're doing.

Cow milk turns baby calfs into ripped bulls. It is a miracle food packed with so much fat, calories, and protein that you are just making your life harder by not drinking it.

>JUST FUCK UP MY STOMACH SENPAI

Ah, I see now. How does it feel to be a lactaselet, pajeet?

>dat dere estrogen content

>i have been doing a lot of research
>im an ectomorph
This better be b8

>autistic screeching the post

This is just embarrassing bruh.

Don't fall for GOMAD, please. You'll be losing weight for a year.

you didn't do the program right.

This, somatotypes are fake. You're probably just built lean and don't eat a lot.

Also GOMAD is a very extreme option only meant for absolute skeletons and even then it's kind of a last resort. Eat what you consider a lot, and then eat more because you are definitely not eating enough. Lift consistently, with good form and with increasing weight for a year.
Congratulations! You're already probably doing better than half of Veeky Forums at this point.

Start on a real routine, SS, SL, doesn't matter. Routines are so fucking easy to make it's ridiculous, all you need to know are the basics of lifting, the routine means shit besides schedule.

Low rep, high weight compounds. 5-6 rep range in bench, incline bench, deadlifts, and squats/front squats. Accessory lifts should be in the 8-12 rep range unless you're going for hypertrophy. These would be lifts like curls, rows, lat pulldown, OHP (even if you count it as a compound, shoulders benefit from low weight and high volume), etc. Some shit can be in the 16-20 rep range, such as calf raises and ab work if you decide to isolate abs. Should only have 2-4 accessory lifts in addition to your compounds. More is retarded.

For example:
Squats 3-5x5
Leg curl 3x10
Calf raise 3x10

Deadlift 1x5
Dumbbell rows 3x10
Lat pulldown/pullups 3x10-failure
Pendlay rows (can do on or off days you deadlift, all depends on the person and routine) 3x6-10

Bench 3x5
Incline bench 3x5
Dips 3x10
Flies 3xwhothefuckcares
Tricep isolation (rope pulldown, french press, skull crusher) 3xburnout

Or alternatively

Bench
OHP
Decline
etc.

You get the idea. Focus on compound heavy exercises, throw in a couple accessories, and you're done. If you do a full body split or upper/lower you'll obviously be throwing in more shit, but the main idea is to either have a lot of volume or a lot of frequency. Too little of either means insufficient exercise. Too much of either can mean insufficient recovery.