[Looksmax] Crucial advice for anyone looking into weightlifting

Do not trust anything in the fitness industry. It is 90% bullshit. All supplements are a waste of money, even protein. Do not do bro splits unless you are cycling.

You can only grow a set amount of muscle per workout. Muscles only grow 48 hours after a workout. Compound exercises work smaller muscles just as good if not better than isolation work. This applies to bicep curls as well.

Example. Person who does only deadlifts will be able to do more leg curls than a guy who only does leg curls. Reasoning, heavier weight stimulates more growth, your hamstring will never feel 300 pounds of stretch and contraction on a leg curl.

Stimulate the muscle enough to get it to grow, do not attempt to annihilate your muscles, this is more harmful than helpful. Doing 20 sets of bench press is retarded and will get you less gains than just doing 3. Being soar for a week does not mean your growing for a week.

You gain over 50% of all muscle you will grow for that workout in your first working set(not counting warmup).

Do 5x5 stronglift or a variation of. Full body workouts only require 45 minutes 3 times a week and will get you your best natty gains.

Watch youtube videos to get your deadlift, bench and squat form correct (extremely important, injuries = snap city), do not watch anymore videos after that. You will likely get fed some bullshit like steroided youtubers telling you to buy protein powders and shit workout plans so you can look like them; you never will because your body doesnt have 4x the testosterone a normal man has.

If I feel like I'm not at the plateau of what I can lift should I add more to it? I've been conservative with things, not wanting to add too much, but if I feel like I could do a few sets at a higher weight should I just go ahead and do it? I started kinda low on deadlifts and feel like I should bump it up by 15 lbs or so. I'm glad I started low to get the form down. Same with OHP.

>protein is a waste of money

>protein is waste of money

it is
read the GH15 bible you copecels you're pissing away money on fart powder

>posting one of the worst comics ive seen
im not gonna read your novel
can you lookism/incel faggots get fucked
sage

cope

The reason you are plateauing is because you are being a pussy and scared to add weight. Get a spotter and put on more plates.

you're 90% correct, except for

> protein is a waste of money

whey is just processed milk. Obv you shouldn't make it a cornerstone of your diet but if it'll help you add in 20ish grams of protein then there's no reason not to

it's not snake oil like BCAAs or anything like that

what is a bro split? is push/pull/legs a bro split?

i havent posted here since like zyzz and tinytrip and ennui

I think he's saying protein powder isn't necessary, and just a convenience thing. That being said, I find it's much more affordable/convenient to hit protein goals with some scoops, rather than just real food

>All supplements are a waste of money, even protein.

Depends if you consider paying for convenience or minor benefits a waste.

>Muscles only grow 48 hours after a workout.

I hope you're not implying the "48 hours rest after training a muscle" bullshit here. Training a muscle more frequently is fine if you're not an idiot.

>Doing 20 sets of bench press is retarded and will get you less gains than just doing 3.

Is it? I get coaching from one of the best powerlifting coaches in the world (Mike Tuchscherer) and the other day I had 15 sets of bench and then 7 sets of incline. My best bench is 440 so I think it's working well for me. And there's other clients of his putting up crazy numbers (like Brett Gibbs) I wouldn't say it's retarded just because it's easier to fuck up.

>Do 5x5 stronglift or a variation of.

Should be baseline. These programs are like the bare minimum "this is too basic for you to fuck up or give up early". They're not the best and beginners are capable of doing more if they are willing to put in the effort.

Mehdi pls leave

>I think he's saying protein powder isn't necessary, and just a convenience thing.
Protein powder is the cheapest per gram source of protein.

What, do you want me to buy like 3 packets of chicken breast a day?

Most of this is fucking dead basics, what are you doing retard?

I've gotten decent results from a brosplit

100% pure unadulterated garbage

don't give advice here again, DYEL

>isn't necessary, and just a convenience thing
yeah much like electricity, household plastics, shoes...

90% of this post is utter shit. Pls kys and make the world a better place

>I get coaching from one of the best powerlifting coaches in the world (Mike Tuchscherer)
Fucking jelly 2bh m8

double trips of reckignize

What program should a begginer do Then?

Strong lifts but
Workout a : bench squat press
Workout b: row deadlift pullup

OP just finished reading the sticky and a couple of infographics and now considers himself a fitness guru

>GH15 bible

>what would you reccomend as the best cycle for a newbie ?
>propioneta
>trenbolona acatato
>hgh
>primobolana acatato
>i wotn say doss you can red in bible what i thikn on them

fuck yeah, i'll listen to this inbred.