Tfw lifting since January and look almost the exact same

>tfw lifting since January and look almost the exact same
>tfw lifts have doubled in weight but look the same

am I just one of those people who don't make visible gains? It seems like a waste of time and money when I'm making no visible gains

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h03GVRxDKcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your gains will become evident when you cut.

If you're tall it's going to take a while to make visible progress

I'm 5'8", according to this board manlets make visible gains way faster but that doesn't seem to be the case with me

Let me guess.. you fell for the SS or any strength program meme.
Pic related is what you get after 10+ years of training and having elite numbers

I don't do any program I lift in the 8-12 rep range and do lots of volume, I don't care how strong about strength I'd rather just look aesthetic

Are you eating big?

As big as I can for being poor as fuck

This pic is mostly bad lighting and awkward pose

>poor

lifting is an expensive as fuck hobby bro you gotta buy proper foods and supplements etc or you'll hardly make any gains.

This, this is what you get after 10 years of strength training, in 5 more years he will finally be able to do a split!

I did brosplit, then ppl for about 8 months last year. I gained 15 lbs and looked about the same as when I started. Switch over to SS and in 2 months I looked much stronger and thicker. I get compliments all the time now.

Say what you want, but if you don't have a reasonable level of strength already, hypertrophy isn't going to do much for you. Gotta lift heavy weights to get big muscles, and you gotta get strong to lift heavy weights.

Post your physique

What is the difference between strength training and split? I figured if you lift weights regularly and give each muscles group time to repair you'll get big as long as you keep it in the proper rep range like 8-12

>strength training = gain strength
>bodybuilding splits = build your body

I've gained a lot of strength since starting lifting but I didn't do it on purpose

If you get stronger your body will grow bigger muscles

How come candito is smaller than a regular swimmer with the exception of his giant baby legs

No idea but it's impossible to be strong and not have big muscles, I've never seen a strong skinny guy

I've also started January, 177cm, but I have seen improvement in my legs, shoulders and arms. Using a highly modified SS, only doing DL and Squats every other workout and introduced Chest/Shoulder/Back assistance exercises.

Ate a bit too much and started gaining belly fat though so Im cutting down on the calories and doing cardio on rest days.

Somebody post that webm of that ginger lanklet with the shitty, skinny-fat body making 1000 pound club.
Srsly was the most depressing thing I ever watched.
It utterly solidified the notion that strength =/= asthetics.

Hmm.........

If you did a strength program first you would have set yourself up for an easier time with a hypertrophy program. There is a big difference in effect when the weight you are pushing for volume increases.

One person doing arnold shoulder presses 5x10 at 35 lbs vs another doing them at 5x10 at 70 lbs is going to yield different results. More strength equals higher volume.

ive been lifting since last week, why am i not arnie yet?

you've only been lifting for 3-4 months you dumb shit. how much bigger did you expect to get, honestly? this is why i miss scooby, he was probably the only dude in the fitness community who kept it real about what your expectations should be. you probably saw a few transformation pics of guys who were either on steroids or were already naturally strong/athletic and just needed to do a bit of tune up work and you thought you would be fit as fuck in 6 months, right? you probably thought you'd be looking like zyzz in a year, right?

natural bodybuilders do not get big fast, idiot:
youtube.com/watch?v=h03GVRxDKcE