Stupidest Shit You've Seen At The Gym

It happened today Veeky Forums, I witnessed it with my own eyes.

>Pull Day 1 (PPLxPPx)
>Halfway through routine
>Done Pulls, Chins, Power Cleans, Incline DB Hammercurls, Hyperextensions and Hip Lifts
>Sit down at Lat Pulldown
>In walks Trilby-equipped stranger
>It's like he's invisible to everyone else in the gym
>Puts down rucksack, removes parka
>Begins to curl 20kg DB
>Does a few sets
>'I need to capture this'
>Walk casually to lockers, get phone
>I get setup for Reverse DB Flyes
>Still curling
>Finishes set, gets up, leaves gym
>Realise I've just been visited by the elusive Trilby Curlasaurus
>Pick related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3TXxk4aaX1k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vascular_occlusion_training
journals.lww.com/nsca-scj/Abstract/2009/06000/The_Use_of_Occlusion_Training_to_Produce_Muscle.11.aspx
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2012/09000/Occlusion_Training_Increases_Muscular_Strength_in.29.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When you say Pulls so you mean Deadlifts? Also are hip lifts hip Thrusts?

Face Pulls > Reverse Flies

Pullups. Also, meant Knee Raises, not hip

Facepulls are on Pull Day 2

Any rowing there? Actually if you just post your program that'd be appreciated

Happened a few weeks ago:

>Chest day so I'm hitting bench and incline dumb bells to start
>Indian guy begins his workout close by
>He begins to superset with a pair of dumb bells from every weight in the 10 lb to 35 lb range
>Also has 20, 30, and 40 lb fixed barbells at his bench in addition to random curl bars
>Does an absolute maximum of 5 reps per set
>Looks at me weird when I stare at his bench for having over 15 pieces of free weights scattered over the floor
>One dude nearly trips over all of the shit on the floor and finally a trainer tells him to clean it up despite getting obvious dirty looks from others
>Later on I see him load up 5 pl8 on the leg press despite being a complete skelly
>Hear loud yell as he cannot keep the weight up - trainer shows him how to use the safeties so he doesn't kill himself

Guy was a walking disaster more. Also I did legitimately witness barbell flys once and it was hilarious.

>barbell flys
You fucking lie

Push 1
Flat Bench
Seated DB OHP
Incline DB Bench
DB Flyes
Pushups
Skullcrusher

Pull 1
Pullups
Chin-ups
Power Cleans
Incline DB Hammercurls
Hanging Knee Raises
Weighted Hyperextensions
Lat Pulldown
Reverse DB Flyes
Upright BB Rows

Leg
High-Bar Squats
Calf Raises
Leg Press
Bulgarian Split-Squats
DB Lunges

Push 2
Standing BB OHP
Low-Cable X-Overs
Close-Palm Push-ups
Alternating Delt Raises
Tricep Pushdown
One Arm Linear Jammer

Pull 2
Pullups
Chinups
Deadlifts
Wide-Grip BB Curls
Inverted Rows
Facepulls
DB Shrugs
Seated V-Bar Cable Rows

PpLxPpx

>Barbell flies
T-they were just joking right?

Other than only hitting legs once a week and the upright rows (cause damage to shoulders) that looks nice

Photo was taken at "The Gym"

Is it the one near Waterloo? I've been to several but it looks just like the Waterloo one.

>He doesn't do barbell flies

youtu.be/3TXxk4aaX1k

>Once saw some guy who was such a faggot, he photographed some old guy trilbycurling

today there was a guy doing one arm barbell shrugs in the squat rack

>Hey guys stupid gym thread?
>Here's my routine, this is what I've done so far I'm getting a sick pump
>Ate 300 over maintenance yesterday, I'm at the gym today, I did 3 sets of pull ups, typically I do 4 but I was tired today
>Anyways as I'm finishing up my 3rd rep on the lat pull down machine, I see this guy walk in
>He curls a bunch with some dumbells because he wants to work his biceps and this is somehow stupid or cringy
>Anyways I go to do some reverse DB flies on the machine, I do 7 reps on it before taking a quick break between sets, and look over, he's minding his own business doing his own exercises
>What a retard

Stupid people at the gym am I right?

>PPL routine

yeah ngl op's sort of being a dick

>Be me
>Getting ready to do my speed lower day.
>step in leg room
>immediately notice 160 pound DYEL laying in the leg press with 8 pl8 on each side
>fat DYEL is recording him on the dudes phone
>dude in leg press says "ready?" and fat DYEL nods and tells him to kill it
>this nigger flexes his knees by a few inches and literal Aspergers emanates from his mouth
>"Did you get that" he says to the fat kid. "that was kinda heavy but i still got it. Form was good"
>I literally stopped what i was doing and kek'd at them.
>skinny kid pretends not to hear me and talks to the fat kid about how he trains mma at a gym on the northside of town.
>keekkkkk
>resisting the urge to squat 450 ATG in front of him, I start my main movement: box squats, 230 x 2 r x 9 s w/ bands.
>kid continues to do goddamn SINGLES on the leg press, stripping a plate off each side when he's done.
>makes eye contact with me during my set.
>here we fucking go
>"i dont really do those that much" he says to me
>I stare blankly at him after racking the weight
>he realizes i wont respond and says "they hurt my neck"
>"how do you hold the bar" i ask
>this dude removes the bands from my bar, gets under it, and attempts to unrack it with the bar literally resting right below the base of his skull.
>he quakes under the weight and racks it quickly.
>"maybe you should rest the bar on top of your traps or on top of your rear del-" i say
>he cuts me off midsentence "i tried that it still fucks with me so i just do leg press and other machines"
>I nod and try not to let the gutteral sounds of fury escape my throat and i get back to my set.
>my fucking face when

That story could have been 3 lines you narcissistic fuck

but youre right though
>heres my whole routine
>this one time at band camp

this wily ass nigger except it aint a joke

You're walking out banded box squats in a commercial gym?

in power rack.

> Just doing my general workout at the gym
> See a group of 4 college students (2 girls, 2 boys) walk over to the power cage
> They drag a bench over to the cage
> ???
> One of them jumps on top of the bench and starts doing a couple pull-ups on the top of the cage
> Not the weirdest thing I've ever seen in the gym but hey
> One of the girls puts on boxing gloves then jumps up to the bench as well
> The guy stops doing pull-ups
> Starts punching the guy in the stomach just hanging there
> This goes on a for a bit
> Then the other guy puts on the boxing gloves and starts hitting in the stomach as well
> Does this for a couple minutes
> They then leave without putting anything back
> What makes this double weird is that we a boxing room and an MMA room in the gym specifically so you can do that shit without disturbing the regular gym members

> What pissed me off is [spoiler]their form was terrible, both punchers was punching at the body not through so they weren't getting enough force in their blows so the whole thing was just training to take a hit when someone pulled their punches, i.e. shit that'll never happen. [/spoiler]

I see women standing on the assisted pull up machine and stepping down on the pad with one foot and treating it like some sort of ass exercise. Wtf

>team of dyels always at my gym
>all look like the same person
>super cocky, always loud
>leader of the dyel brigade after squats (1pl8 x 20) says he needs to hit biceps
>sits down at bench
>puts rubber tourniquet on each arm
>does db curls for 45 minutes
>lift on skelly

>pull day 1
>2.5 hours worth of accessory lifts and not a single heavy compound movement in sight

Someone was probably recording your dumbass at the same time.

>be me doing warmup sets for squats
>pajeet enters,wearing a trucker cap, wife beater tucked into sweatpants, sweatpants tucked into socks and sandals.
>ohnothecurrysmell.png
>pajeet wanders around aimlessly in the gym with his mouth slightly open and 1000yard stare
>flexes his biceps when he comes across a mirror
>whatever.jpg
>I start my working sets and focus on the squats
>forget that pajeet is still here
>finish last set and rack the barbell
>look up and see pajeet 15ft infront of me in the horizontal leg cur machine.
>his head is under the bar/lever and he is moving the weight with his neck
>mfw

I got one better: assisted pull ups while wearing a weighted vest

>Pull Day 1 (PPLxPPx)
>Halfway through routine
>Done Pulls, Chins, Power Cleans, Incline DB Hammercurls, Hyperextensions and Hip Lifts
>Sit down at Lat Pulldown

shinfo

Saw a trainer use 2, 30 pound EZ bars for this once.

LA FITNESS

What's even the point?

Muscle confusion is more effective when the brain is also confused

Saw this nice ass walking by me in gym. Lululemon black yoga gym pants. The butt is kind of eating the pants.

A meaty hand pulls it out. It was a dude. Why is he wanting so much attention on his stupid sexy ass?

looks pretty good imo, although if doing weighted pullups/chinups you should do deadlift first, less grip fatigue and less lat fatigue for bracing in the deadlift

Because he's a fag

> fellow Pure Gym fag

why do people care so much about someone exercises? It is autism?

I see mostly manlets having to jump to reach the pullbar or ask someone to lift them.
But that's it really.

I don't know but it looks like pic related.

Seen two different grills do it. I am actually kind of curious what the bloody hell it is because it makes no sense to me. Pull-movement for squat? Why?

>ask someone to lift them
Bullshit. They must have been teenagers too young to know you don't do that or in a wheelchair

there's meme potential here

this

>be me
>see someone doing OHP in the squat rack

Bitch abs

Cable crossovers are pull not push. You fucked up dude.

>pullups, chinups, cleans not heavy compound movements
dyel, troll or retard?

not gonna lie that looks like a killer ab exercise

the girls probably saw it on some fitness womyn instagram

OP actually taking a pic of the dude is womanatthegym-tier

stupidest shit I've seen is some fucking idiot using the squat rack for overhead press

The reason they were hitting his stomach so he would keep it flexed and punching it makes that easier. They weren't training for actual power or being able to take a punch.

>rubber tourniquet
>cutting off circulation

why? This seems worse than the altitude mask meme.

>Implying some dyel doing PPL isn't stupid shit you'll see at the gym

>unironically doing Westside meme shit

> new guy at gym, skinny autismo
> loads up rowing machine with a 15kg each side
> supinates his wrists badly while rowing with overhand grip
> want to tell him to use underhand or he will fuck his wrists up but too autismo

>a guy doing handstands in the squat rack
>The gym was slightly busy
>People kept asking if he was finished
>He just barked at everyone who approached him

How autistic do you to be to covertly take pictures of others at the gym and then post them anonymously on a mongolian basket weaving forum?

Serious question.

Sometimes there's just nowhere else to do it.

It kinda works for making you able to get hypertrophy and strength gains at a very low 1rm precentage, useful if you are injured
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vascular_occlusion_training
journals.lww.com/nsca-scj/Abstract/2009/06000/The_Use_of_Occlusion_Training_to_Produce_Muscle.11.aspx
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2012/09000/Occlusion_Training_Increases_Muscular_Strength_in.29.aspx

>One Arm Linear Jammer
been lifting for 9 years and have no idea what this is

Why don't all these pretentious and snobby fit people actually help these people, rather than laugh at them? I wonder where the development malfunction occurred.

there is no fun here, you can't use spoilertext

this reminds me of a glorious time

>be in the gym
>everyone in my country is weak as fuck because they do meme tier men's health garbage or brosplits
>have just signed up to new gym
>everyone seems amazed/interested at some guy who did a shaky 2 reps of 140kg squats with shit ROM
>whatever
>loading up the bar, warming up: empty bar, 60kg, 100kg, 120kg then 140kg
>when i get to 140kg the squatter comes over and says its too much weight
>tell him its cool i've done this tons of times before
>he makes this face as though i just insulted his mother
>he goes away as i squat it for 2 reps
>then do my work sets of 2x3 with 177.5kg
>he's watching me the entire time
dude was fucking pathetic and that gym was terrible. the people there were as snooty and standoffish as the cast of made in chelsea at afternoon tea.

>5 teenage lanklets doing bench together
>they all bench different weights
>manage this by only using 5 and 10 lb plates and swapping them out
>they're autistic so they load them in sequence 5, 10, 5, 10 etc
>bar is loaded practically to the end with this beautiful pattern

I was kind of mirin actually, it would be neat to do that with 25s and 35s.

has given me great results. But you can keep spinning your wheels doing sheiko like every other cuck on this board.

>and making no gains

sounds like a fucking waste of smaller plates. i always call people out for irresponsible shit like that.

>doing Sheiko

Lmao user I'm

B U I L D I N G
M O M E N T U M
O
M
E
N
T
U
M

20kg DB curl is pretty strong

Audibly chortled at work, thanks!

actually a good move but only 3pl8 crew can do it

LMAO

a fedora wearing dyel comes to the gym, curls 45 pound dumbbells horribly, and leaves isn't funny to you guys?

>Pakis who wear tacky fag outfits lifting baby weight ie 95 lbs for a bench with a spotter for like 1 or 2 reps and try to give workout or form advice
>skeletons who take up the squat rack squatting the barbell or even 75 lbs and deadlifting 100 lbs
>high school kids who are usually also skeletons who think they are tough shit not leaving til I get a new PR of 200 lbs bro and can't even lift it

I found it funny user but remember we are on Veeky Forums where many autists roam free range

5'9 here, have to jump to reach the bar. Feels bad

6'7" here, I have to put in a lot of effort to keep my feet off the floor lmao

i'll bite, not op obviously

what do you do? ul/ul?

Anybody got the pic of co-op bench bros

I came here to post this lol

have you ever missed the bar?

>barbell flys

As weird as this sounds, I imagine it would be great for building the stabilizing muscles.

I want to start exercising and going to the gym, but then i remember that no matter what i try to do in there all you're going to do is snap pics of me while i'm not looking and then make fun of me in these threads.

So i stay at home and i become a skinnyfat beer belly, but when i happen to go outside you take pics of me being skinnyfat and pale and make fun of me in the other, dedicated thread for that too.

No matter what i do or don't do, the end result is always the same.
So i just gave up on doing anything or ever going out.

It's okay, user. You would never have the willpower to change.

You're taking these threads too seriously or are just making excuses not too change.

You know what I think when I see someone like you at the gym? Good for him, he's making a change and I hope to see him around. But go ahead, let anonymous circlejerkers that only really make fun of the worst of the worst be your perfect excuse.

Happened a while ago.
> skinny white guy
> grabs every 10 lb weight in the entire gym
> about 16
> waits for people to finish a set and asks for it
> loads 8 on each side
> does 1 rep
> takes one 10 lb weight from one side
> does 1 rep
> evens it up
> does 1 rep
> piling the weights on the floor
> 20+ minutes passes
> finally finishes his last lopsided rep
> old guy asks if he can take two
> "Does it look like I'm done??"
> ... that was only set one

you'll only get snapped (both physically and by phones) if you don't do any research whatsoever before going into the gym

im glad it's always a skinny person doing it, so no one else gets inspired to be a retard.

Haha I do this all the time, but I always go at night, so it's not like I'm blocking it for anyone.
>At least It's in the right height at the start

True, that reminds me of a webm I saw of a guy deadlifting with the worst form I have ever seen. Looked like his lower back would snap. Any1 have the webm?

>Realise I've just been visited by the elusive Trilby Curlasaurus
>elusive Trilby Curlasaurus

>1 arm linear Jammer
Your gf took my 1 arm linear jammer

Fag

>be me, had an abscess removed from the scalp so I wear a hat to cover the scar until it heals
>Went in the gym, put my stuff down and start exercising
>some retard is staring at me the whole time, everyone else is just minding their own business
>retard is making weird facial gestures, looks as if he is containing laugh, is probably some autist kid
>retard storms out of the room
>comes back a few moments later, starts taking pictures pointing at me.
>he thinks he has the camera well hidden but doesn't understand the power of mirrors.
>Leave gym because the retard is making me uncomfortable, I'll come exercise later
>fuck retards

i go to "the gym" at waterloo but this pic isn't from here, maybe another branch

Is he curling in the smith machine with a belt on? If so this is an underrated post

Where the hell should the skeletons squat and deadlift OP?

>not confronting his ass
Beta af

>"Does it look like I'm done"
I can't stand people who are rude, I'm chill with people I'll let them work in sets I'll spot them and they do the same for me, but people being rude and thinking they own the place pisses me off
Especially when they hog all the equipment or pl8s

What if I told you all the stories you read here are written by the people who did the stupid/embarrassing things in the stories?

A guy had hooked his feet up to one of the cable extensions, and was doing an ab exercise that just looked like he was really vigorously humping the air.

Diagram included to help