Tell me about your dad, Veeky Forums. Does he lift?

Tell me about your dad, Veeky Forums. Does he lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ql1JG76EWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no. p lazy. having heart problems, wont workout still.

hes a scrawny manlet with severe social anxiety and poor social skills (possibly mild autism)

but hes also hard working, dependable and has done alot for me. I hope I can get him Veeky Forums now he has tons of free time due to retirement

Nah
He's got arm problems and had surgery a couple months ago for it

nah he has a busted knee and a bad back since he was a teenager

he does walk a lot though

nah, he's a retard

He's on pushing daisies x eternity m8.

My dad has always been huge.
The gym is practically his second home.
I have a lot to live up to

this is cringey reddit humor

He was a national martial arts champion when he was my age. He wanted to either do that o become a pro soccer player and he had the abilities to do whichever, but he started working and making up excuses and stopped. He's regretful. He likes to exercise but he thinks it's fine to exercise and still eat like shit. He stopped drinking coke and now only drinks water since I started doing it. He's p. chill, sometimes beats me up at FIFA.

Haven't seen dad since I was 9 lolololololol

I want your dad op

Sounds like a good dad bro

how funny that some people can share similar emotions with animals

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ql1JG76EWY

What the fuck are you talking about

>tfw no Veeky Forums dad to live up to
My dad has some old man strength but I think I'm already near his strength levels, already surpassed him in every other aspect

My Dad used to be a semi-pro bodybuilder, I remember seeing all his trophies in the garage when I was younger, I never knew what they were from because they were higher than I could reach, but they were big trophies. We ended up losing the house in 2008, really sucked for my dad, all the stuff we couldn't put in our car got put into some storage unit that we could never recover.

I asked him about it years later, and he said the biggest trophy was a 2nd place in the Mr. Massachusetts contest. Being 21 now, and even thinking about the amount of work he put in to get there, amazes me. My aunts say I look just like him when he was younger, and I think that means more to me than they realize.

Other than that he was a really cool dude, played football in college, started his own construction company and I'm pretty sure he was part of a biker gang in his late 20's before he met my Mom. I'm actually gonna call him right now, I haven't talk to him in a while..

My 78yo Dad
>trained soldiers to fight in Vietnam
>ended his physical activity with that
>considers screwing around on his tractor a workout
>is more wealthy then some Caribbean countries thanks to Rain Man like autism with investing money.

My dad died when I was 13 after he tried to kill me. He was a manlet too.

Story?

cant you read? he was a manlet. the manlet police came and took him to the gulag

He probably has higher test than me because his frame is huge compared to mine and he has bigger biceps than me without working out.

Not much of a story really. He got really abusive once I started getting taller than him, and one day when my mom wasn't home he exploded, ripped me out of my computer chair, threw me on the bed and tried to strangle me. I almost dislocated his jaw when I kicked him, and then he left. Died of cancer a couple months later.

Like father, like son

Lucky duck.

Jokes on you the most fucked up people i have met are fatherless especially girls

No, he works super hard to support 4 children and fully put us through college. Legit my role model, even if he gets on my nerves sometimes.

Right? The worst shit was dealing with the guilt for the next couple of years. I was homeschooled, so I didn't know what was normal and what wasn't. I ended up getting paranoid I was some kind of sociopath for not giving a shit.

My dad has heart problems from eating too much and not doing as much exercise as he used to. Used to be swole even at 50 and was a pro soccer player for years, now he's kinda fat. Sad but he doesn't really give enough of a shit. Love the genes he gave me though.

Nah but he hikes, runs, and bikes.

respect

It took me a long time to realize my life wasn't normal as well.
I saw my father mid heart attack once when I was 18, turned around, and went back to my room. Unfortunately, my mom found him seconds later and called 911.

My dad is an emotionally abusive sociopath, i bump into him sometimes and he tries awkward small talk but i don't give any fucks because i know he just wants money.

My dad is my gym Buddy actually

>my dad
>military brat, his dad was in vietnam (army ranger, got two Purple Hearts)who had kids young, my dad was the first.
>grew up in Alaska and North Carolina on military bases, plenty of people who lift
>short scrawny kid, he got beat up a lot.
>his dad decides to retire from military, moves out to California, works in law enforcement
>my dad is in 10th or 11th grade at this point, decides to join the wrestling team
>still gets in fights a lot, but now he wins
>starts lifting
>gets pretty big
>he even tried some amateur body building, but decided it wasn't for him.
>at this point he's in college on GI bill, wrestles, studies agriculture.
>decides he has to succeed in life, and that he's going to work his way up in the world.
>meets a blonde girl, dates her for two years, decides to marry her.
>they get married in a courthouse, no ceremony.
>live in the cheapest place they can find for a while, until my dad found a high paying job.
>Mom gets pregnant, has a girl
>my dad is, meanwhile, learning everything he can about business.
>he is finally able to start his own agribusiness, based on an idea he has about how to trade commodities differently than anyone else.
>it starts to do well, dad hires all his buddies, moves into a better neighbourhood.
>after a bit, my mom has a second child, a son (me)
>dad sells his company, starts another one with an expanded operation, new properties, etc.
>does very, very well
>has third kid, another daughter
>moves to a rich neighborhood, gets a big ass house, all the shit he could want
>the only thing is, after having a second kid, he stopped lifting
>I still remember how built he was when I was a kid though, and when I was in high school I got into lifting
>he taught me everything he knew
>I'm now 19, and my dad has started lifting again
>still pretty strong, even at 50 he benches 2pl8
>I still look up to him
If I'm half the man he was, I know I'll be a success.

Girl needs that shirt, looks like she's 12 and already on the brink of sluthood.

.... I can't believe that small man syndrome can get that severe... fuck dude, I feel for you. If you get the chance you must be a better father.

My 'dad' is a failure. It wouldn't have even been so bad if he wasn't abusive when I was younger. He isn't a complete douche now, but it's not like he is trying to make up for it. I'm over him. Made it difficult to make a life for myself, though. Still in that process at 28.

Died before I was born.
No idea how I feel about him.
Sometimes I hate him so much and sometimes I wish he was here to just pat me on the back and say it's gonna be okay. Most the time it's just a kind of whatever feeling though.

>tfw you don't know those feels

Pops is a 2nd Dan in Judo and definitely did strength training along with it cause he competed in nationals at 90 kg and 100 kg. He's also a chemical engineer. Broke his heart when I told him I wanted to be a medic instead of an engineer. Oh well at least we still have judo in common.

No he's a fat fuck with a delusional mind. He cannot stand without complaining about his back and telling everyone he meets about it and he burps every 5 seconds.

Former alcoholic who almost died of a heart attack and then got as fit as a man in his 50s can. I appreciate everything he did raising me and despite his shortcomings he did a great job.

Not sure why all the daddy hate but this definitely makes me understand why I meet so few "men" in their 20s.

no he's a fat fuck

You will make it user. Having loving parents that care about you is truly one of the greatest blessing anyone could hope for.

dad was dirt poor in his youth but he still lifted.
started working in ships.
I didn't actually meet him until i was 16: pear shaped / auschwitz mode.
he was like, "why so skinny"
I was like, "wasn't it your job to guide me"

>My dad was a hippy for a while until he decided to join the marines (just after Vietnam) because he needed a job.
>Marines basically changed how he lived his life.
>Got stationed in Okinawa.
>Unlike the other marines, he actually tried to get to know the country, to the point where he would backpack through Japan, and occasionally take the ferry to South Korea. Made a bunch of friends with the locals.
>Hang gliding, jogging, and Kung Fu have been his hobbies for decades. Still does all of them to this very day even though he just hit 60 years old.
>Loves fitness but is a bit naive about it. Has some muscle but remains mostly skinny for most of his life. Probably because he primarily does cardio and eats one meal a day. He even mentioned how back in his 20's, he would eat McDonalds every single day, but that would be his only meal today.
>A bit autistic though. Doesn't really have too many friends. Not exactly the best at talking to people. Has a very very cringey sense of humor. He's a man that truly lives for his hobbies.
>Makes a point to not be as fat as his family. All of them have diabetes, extremely overweight.
>I'm glad he taught me how to jog. Specifically he taught me how to jog for the therapeutic properties, like runner's high. It really helped me through all the problems I've had in high school and college. Probably would've become an alcoholic if I never learned how to jog.
>He's a great guy.

Dude I'm from Okinawa, what if we're half brothers

No, he's strong though. He's a commercial fisherman.

My dad did TRT for a couple months a few years ago. He's a pretty pudgy dude, but god dad strength, and got off them before he got crazy results.

But, after his first workout, his forarms and calves grew to an insane size. Honestly, probably 4 inches on both. Incredible vascularity on both of them despite being nearly 40% bf. Really makes me wonder how I'd do on them.

No but he can run faster than I can since he plays tennis several times a week. He's really in shape and p strong too

Oh yeah and he's genuinely a 10/10 dad, very supportive and strict when he needs to be. He's my role model desu

>2nd dan
>nationals
ask me how I know you're lying

same

Wow, good response, lol.

>XD

My dad was fucking massive in his prime. Then he got into cocaine and went downhill. I'll probably following the same path, but until then, WHEEEEEEEEE

Does turning in your grave count as lifting?

Not anymore, but he got me into lifting

He hasn't, but he's been doing a lot of cardio recently since he was diagnosed with diabetes. He actually made an effort to lose weight and lose about 20 pounds. He was mostly a tech geek growing up. He does seem to approve of me lifting and getting fit far more than my mother.

That's my stepfather though (adopted me, cool as fuck and the person I actually look up to as my father). I don't know if my biological father lifted, I just know I'm tall as fuck thanks to him.

he's based as fuck, does yoga and cycles basically everywhere so very healthy.

very wise but not so much when it comes to excercise, looks like he has a bit of a beer gut its almost 100% muscle because he does a bunch of core/ab exercises but not much else, he borrows my dumbbells roughly every other day but only does curls.
>I just want to maintain tone user
how do i convince him that he's only going to maintain bicep tone by doing that

doesnt lift, but does tons of caliesthenics.
also does a bunch of cardio, running every day and commuting to work on bike, think theres like 40km to his work.
he's also hiking a lot.

always proud when i hit a new pr, he's a cool dude

Awe

He was active when he was younger, after he was in the Navy he started lifting weights a lot. He is old but is very strong, he was very happy when I started lifting weights and told him about my plan to join the Navy. He told me he never encouraged me to be physically fit (I was a lazy fat ass growing up) because it was supposed to be my own damn decision to make something of myself, looking back I am thankful for that lesson.

He's an obese engineer who did a little gymnastics in his 20's. He has the worst nutrition advice and is an all round complete dick.

No, but he works on his feet all day even with his severe arthritus problems.

Sounds like you might have great roid genes.

>still benches 2.5 pl8 at 55
>compsci engineer
>kept family together for 20+ yrs
>handyman
>taught me value of research and learning things for yourself
>can almost rebuild a car, engine in all
>can fix almost anything now.
>dad says don't worry about women, just money sinks with a way to make kids.
>never said much ever growing up. Thought he didn't like me
>day b4 college
>"I'm proud of you son. "
>took him 18 years for him to say that to my face
>i love you dad

From what I've heard and his previous career choice, he used to be an absolute stud. But he can't do anything now as his bodies fucked from numerous deployments and a bad motorcycle accident which shattered his arm.

From what I've heard, he was a green beret, he used to be an absolute stud. But he can't do anything now as his bodies fucked from numerous deployments and a bad motorcycle accident which shattered his arm.

>"I'm proud of you son. "
>took him 18 years for him to say that to my face

My dad is the same way. Doesn't really bother me all that much, because I can tell when he's proud of me. He sort of gets embarrassed and just nods good job, that's about it. It's funny because he only seemed to open up to me and be more friendly once I graduated college and stopped living living off of the family payroll.

Its bc he only commented when i fucked something up, being a little kid at that fucked me up. He was only around on weekends bc business trips

>he's getting old and fat
>talk to him about it every now and then
>''I'm happy with how I look'' bs responses every time
>he's larger every time I see him
>health problems started appearing
>tfw can't do anything but post about it on malaysian pistol shrimp appreciation board

He used to be fit as fuck
Not anymore because he's getting old

used to be really fucking good at tennis but then fucked his back up and now he does nothing

This was before I was even born and he wasn't even a shodan then he would have been either a brown belt or a white belt. I don't know what country your from but the ranking system could be alot different. My Dad started around 8 years old and he said back then in his country(we live in Canada now) there was only white belt and black belt but no limits for stages once you reach Dan where as here in Canada we have a coloured belt system.

He's like 300lbs with a shit diet but could probably beat my ass at arm wrestling. he worked in a foundry for over fifteen years before he got a public sector job.

my dad is a complete loser
>5'8
>fat
>bald
>ugly
>shitty IT job

Retired from the military so he's fairly fit for his age.
He's basically middle-aged Chad, banging milfs left and right.

Idk, he went to the grocery store and I haven't seen him since. It's been 10 years.

lol no. He's a physio which is decent in case I get injured which I haven't so far.

Our fathers were very similar until you said yours was hardworking.

>dad was the best person I ever knew
>always took care of the family no matter what
>even after being getting cancer he still put us first
>tfw he's gone now
>tfw I'm the oldest male in my family

>Tell me about your dad, Veeky Forums. Does he lift?

I will never manage to achieve DAD STRONK. I love that old man. Literally has never let me down.

How autistic does one have to be to write all that shit to random people

doing computer stuff for a work means you will eventually fall out of shape

My dad is the definition of bear mode. Pic is of my dad and I. I was 17, he was 54. Mans a freak, been lifting for over 35 years and does 8-12 sets per excercise. Never squated or DL in his life.

Yeah, but it's in service of his rowing.

>tfw grew up without a dad
>He was a drug addict who stole from ym baby sis before I was born
>got his life together and opened up a business
>met him when I was 16, seemed ok
>lost contact with him
>Found out I have an older half brother
>my brother threw his baby kid into a wall and gave it brain damage
>he's in prision for a long time
My father's side of the family is fucking stupid. My mother's side is filled with mentally unstable but hardworking people. My mother only got the smart and hardworking genes, same with my sister.

Nah. He's dead and he didn't when he was alive.

Mirin mate

I think if he hadnt met my mum things could have been very different for him. she pushes him to do stuff. like investing in property to leave when they're gone

he'd have still been hard working, but probably be a depressed alcoholic too

No.
But he has about the same amount of muscle of someone who's lifting for two or three years. He's not fat, he probably has less than average fat. He walks about seven or so miles every work day. He smokes and drinks. He used to do hard drugs because he's an old punk rocker. He far better than most people though still has some ice cream or puddings a few times per week.

My dad's won bodybuilding competitions and he's very religious.

He scared me as a kid and was rough sometimes. It carried over. Got into lifting and talking about fitness in my early 20s and it's like the one of the things we can enjoyingly talk about.

Kekd

No dad here, pushed myself into lifting.

And discipline, and asking girls out, and cooking...

Dads side is hamplanet status
Moms side is alcoholic
Currently making it but I can feel it wearing on me every day bros, I just want to give in to the dad bod

Dear ol' dad was a hockey player, pretty good too. Major league. Was a bit of a skeleton when he was young. He's fat now. But having a desk job dose that to a man. Handyman, taught me a lot about cars and being a man. Pretty chill guy. Wish he was a bit more healthy, he'd be a pretty chill guy for a lot longer that way...

I don't know my dad, just his name and what he looks like. Looked him up, he was a suspect in a stabbing about 10 years ago. Can't find him on Facebook.

If i beat up her manlet dad does she become my bride?

>If I go to the gym and work up a sweat, that's enough I guess. I just do cardio, a few pushups and curls, ya know. I think that's all I really need, everyday, every week. I miss a few days or skip a day or two when I'm feeling sick busy, but I tell ya I keep a pretty good schedule for years on end.
I can't get him to try lifting weights. He just doesn't see the point. At least he still loves going to the gym.

Is your dad named Buddy, and was he a goon?

use to lift and looked pretty big from what I've seen in old pictures. Had to stop due to me being born and having to work a lot to take care of the family. that and my mom apperantly said she didn't like my dad getting too big, so that was the final nail in the coffin.

I think some of his old weights are still in the garage