Damn... never thought of it that way

well i know the pinaple is probably $2,75
the water is probably $1,50 same with each pack of nuts

so i guess grapes and raspberries are $26,25

Where is she buying these thing Fort Knox holy hell

>that much fruit
>healthy
She basically just bought natures junk food.

You guys are missing the point.

Or you can get what I did:

$6 - 10 lbs of rice
$10 - 1 lb salmon steak (special treat)
$7.50 - 3 lbs chicken breast
$2 - 2 lbs green beans
$3 - 1 lb asparagus
$5 - 4 oz goat cheese
___
$33.50 for 4 days of food on my cut. Eat shit fat retard

Junk food IS cheaper in the US though. The government literally subsidies it which is why dollar menus are even possible. There's also a correlation between wealth and obesity. I don't understand why Veeky Forums keeps pretending this isn't true.

>There's also a correlation between wealth and obesity.
Inverse, of course

It's not impossible to buy healthy food cheap
You shouldn't use lack of money as an excuse for not being healthy

>no oats
I can practically live off oats and milk m8

I'm not defending what's in the OP. I'm not even in the US. I'm stating a fact that your country is fucked.

And tell that to the people who literally can't afford to spend more than 3 dollars on food per day to save and invest in a healthy diet.

You understand food stamps exist right
If they divide their money wisely and not on SHOES then they could get Veeky Forums

It's not really. You can get a pound of rice for like 50 cents. Two dollars gets you at least of pound of in season vegetables. Meat gets pricey, but not too bad if you eat it sparingly (most people don't).

Compare that to a dollar menu burger at Mcdonalds or a dollar menu taco bell burrito. It's no contest.

If I had 3 dollars a day to spend on food, no fucking way I'd be going to fast food places or buying premade, processed shit.

>water
try again

Cool now tell what you're gonna eat with the rice that will be just as cheap.

>If I had 3 dollars a day to spend on food, no fucking way I'd be going to fast food places or buying premade, processed shit.
What WILL you spend it on, then?

>buys luxury fruits, probably in the off season.
Geez why is it so expensive fit? Well johnny, it's not a correlation between wealth and obesity, it's stupidity and obesity.

Vegetables, mostly.

I've been that poor. I lived with a bank account in the negative for a few months last year. I ate a couple bowls of rice every day. Onions are a dollar a pound, no sodium added canned corn or beans are about 50 cents a can, bell peppers are between 1-2 dollars, I could go on. Bought chicken if it was on sale and I could spend a little extra. Usually came out to less than 5 dollars a day for about 2000 calories.

It's not exciting food, and not the greatest nutritionally, but it's cheap calories with low sodium and sugar.

>Junk food IS cheaper in the US though. The government literally subsidies it which is why dollar menus are even possible. There's also a correlation between wealth and obesity. I don't understand why Veeky Forums keeps pretending this isn't true.

The "healthy food is expensive" meme really rustles my jimmies, because as other anons have pointed out, you don't need to replace McD's with the most expensive fruit available in order to have a healthy diet. Switching to beans, rice and chicken (all cheap) would be a massive improvement over fast food.

But you do have a point. The problem is that a lot of overweight poor people have little agency and are reliant on PRE-PREPARED food. And because pre-prepared shit food is indeed much cheaper than pre-prepared quality food, poor people end up becoming obese.

Seriously, even in the supermarket, you always see fat fucks loading up on HFCS sweetened drinks, microwave pizza and lasagne, microwave fried chicken. Whatever requires the least amount of effort, and bonus points if it can be eaten on a sofa in front of the TV. It's absolutely fucking disgusting, but these people just don't know how to cook efficiently, and seemingly can't be bothered to learn, even though many of them are unemployed and one would think have all the time in the world to improve themselves.

>Cool now tell what you're gonna eat with the rice that will be just as cheap.

Black bean stew with fried chicken breast? You can go even cheaper and buy chicken drumsticks to roast. If you really want to maximize value and still eat something healthy you could skip the rice and chicken and make bean stew with celery and onions. Shit, I'm on a pretty good salary but I still eat bean stew, usually with fried kale.

How about lentil curry, pretty decent nutritional profile and tastes awesome. For animal brotein, eggs and milk are very cheap. Whey powder is cheap too if you know where to get it.

>fried kale

what's wrong with kale fried in a little butter & garlic?

>Vegetables
I think it was in food inc. that I saw a broccoli cost the same as a big Mac.

Your diet sounds way more expensive than 3 dollars.

>you don't need to replace McD's with the most expensive fruit available in order to have a healthy diet.
I literally just said I wasn't defending the OP in a previous post. Eating healthy CAN be cheaper over time IF you plan and manage wisely, yeah. But the investment required right off the bat is not viable for everyone.

>Black bean stew with fried chicken breast? You can go even cheaper and buy chicken drumsticks to roast. If you really want to maximize value and still eat something healthy you could skip the rice and chicken and make bean stew with celery and onions. Shit, I'm on a pretty good salary but I still eat bean stew, usually with fried kale.

>How about lentil curry, pretty decent nutritional profile and tastes awesome. For animal brotein, eggs and milk are very cheap. Whey powder is cheap too if you know where to get it.
That also sounds way more expensive than 3 dollars.

>There's also a correlation between wealth and obesity. I don't understand why Veeky Forums keeps pretending this isn't true.

>people who are wealthy tend to be smart
>people who are smart know not to get fat

A pack of raspberries is like 7$ here

That is also more than one meal and more filling than that 3 dollar shit burger you just bought.

I've always hated this meme. Obvious they are eating shitty food and staying fat. Their diet already sucks. Why not just keep eating the same exact shit, showing a little bit of willpower, and eat the same shit but 20-30% less of it? They will be hungry the first week or 2 but they will slowly adapt and lose weight.

Also eating fruit isnt necessarily healthy on it own. Get some fruit in your diet but thinking you can only eat fruit/veggies to be healthy is the stupidest thing.

oooh, a special snowflake image.

The REAL reason why people bitch about how hard it is eating healthy is that they don't feel like putting in the time to cook their food.

Everything is prepared for them already at a fast food restaurant/in a snack bag, why should they rinse fresh food, cut it up, then cook it until it's good to eat? Not to mention having to get the right ingredients for a good meal and knowing how to properly cook various dishes AND cleaning up afterwards. It's too much work for these lazy fucks.

Show me the junk food you'd buy while expecting to live off 3 dollars a day. For 3 dollars+tax you can buy 3 cheeseburgers at mcdonalds. That's it for the day. The cheapest frozen pizza at my grocery store is like 3.50 I think. A bag of chips is about 2-3 dollars. Premade meals like stouffers or whatever are not in your price range.

This is correct and something I meant to bring up earlier. Price is only part of it. The real benefit is you can just pop something in the oven or microwave and not have to worry about spending a half hour to an hour cooking. It's tasty, shitty food that doesn't require you to look up a recipe, know how to cook, or do any work.

>I literally just said I wasn't defending the OP in a previous post. Eating healthy CAN be cheaper over time IF you plan and manage wisely, yeah. But the investment required right off the bat is not viable for everyone.

I can't tell who made which post senpai, that's the key though, investment. It's just a lot less mental effort to microwave a pizza than it is to figure out how to make a healthy, cheap and tasty meal. People stick with what they know.

>That also sounds way more expensive than 3 dollars.

Let's say you have to eat 2500 calories a day, so you want to eat foods which have a calorie per dollar ratio of at least 833.3 (2500 calories divided by $3).

from walmart:
1lb lentils - $1.54, 1040 calories total, 674 cals per dollar
5lb brown rice - $3.32, 3200 calories total, 964 cals/$
2lbs black beans - $2.78 - 2600 calories total, 935 cals/$
1lb butter - $3.20, 3200 calories total, 1000 cals/$
1gal whole milk - $2.30, 2400 calories total, 1043 cals/$
42oz natural rolled oats - $2.48, 4,500 calories total, 1,815 cals/$
36oz Adams natural peanut butter - $5.84, 6,720 calories total, 1,150 cals/$
4lb great value peanut butter - $6.33, 10,260 calories total, 1,620 cals/$

I added the cheap PB for comparison just to show how you can improve value massively if you compromise a little on the quality of your PB relative to natural PB. Not as healthy as natural PB but healthier than fast food.

7 out of these 8 foods have a cal/$ ratio higher than 833. Some, much higher. So $3/day is obviously doable, with plenty left over for items that add taste like garlic and spices, which cost very little when bought in the bulk spice section.

Also none of these items are on promotion. If you stick to food on sales ads you can get this stuff even cheaper. Even if you are bulking (3000 cals/day), you can do it for under $3/day (1000 cal/$ ratio).

Health and fitness is ultimately a test and skill of will power, which 3/4ths of the world doesn't have.

>I've always hated this meme. Obvious they are eating shitty food and staying fat. Their diet already sucks. Why not just keep eating the same exact shit, showing a little bit of willpower, and eat the same shit but 20-30% less of it? They will be hungry the first week or 2 but they will slowly adapt and lose weight.

That's the issue though, these people have no willpower or agency, which is the main reason they are poor in the first place.

>Also eating fruit isnt necessarily healthy on it own. Get some fruit in your diet but thinking you can only eat fruit/veggies to be healthy is the stupidest thing.

yeah man fucking normies REEEE. I remember a british TV show where a landplanet claimed MUH GENETICS because she "ate healthy". Turns out her "healthy breakfast" was a massive fruit salad, over 2000 calories mostly from sugar.

Can't really blame them though, mainstream nutrition advice is fucking horrible and often seemingly contradictory, which is why 90% of people think fruit juice and granola bars are actually healthy.

>arguing with someone about fat people
>i claim that healthy simple food is cheaper so these people have no excuse
>they say it takes up too much time to cook real meals
people must have 20 minutes to cook a real meal right?

user, I am WAYYYY too busy to be cooking or going to the gym, I just don't have the time in my day! I'm just sucha busy person ya know! Always working! Soooooo busy!

>proceeds to spend 6+ hours a day endlessly scrolling through Facebook or watching television

>people must have 20 minutes to cook a real meal right?

It's particularly infuriating when you consider that the average American watches like FIVE FUCKING HOURS of television per DAY.

Damn, really makes me think.

this shit is all retarded

if a fatty eats only half the junkfood he usually does, he's spending half the money on half the calories

>save money
>lose weight

checkmate, atheists

Where?

When I was homeless, I used an induction cooker to make eggs from Costco.

Roughly 18 bucks for 15 DOZEN eggs. Had to keep excess with some friends (with homes). Coconut oil was 16-17 bucks additional but worth it for cooking the eggs.

>buying only the more expensive things
>buying a ton of fruits
>a fucking soda
Fat People when will they learn I bet the OP is a manlet too.

Food is not equal. There's a difference between food that's directly turned into fat stores and food that's used for other purposes.

>only being able to afford 2 bags of grapes
What a travesty! Everyone knows that to be fit, you need to eat at least 5 bags of grapes!

Wow you told that fat retard LOL.

>bottled water

invest in a water filter, bam all the water you want.

are you retarded?

let me break this down for you

>fatty eats six cakes every day
>fatty decides to go on a diet and eat only three cakes every day
>cuts grocery bill AND calorie intake in half

the point being that fat fucks like yourself have NO excuse to be fat

even if you're poor and only have access to cakes, you can just eat fewer cakes

>the point being that fat fucks like yourself have NO excuse to be fat

Eggs are good for you. What the fuck kind of shit are you on? I'm not a fat fuck. My cholesterol levels DROPPED after eating eggs.

I eat 6 - 7 meals a day and my entire weeks food only comes to about $70 and that's when I'm bulking. If I'm cutting i might spend $50

yeah it's weird how people think you need to eat certain kinds of food to lose weight

just eat less man

the cheapest diet on earth is not eating at all, costs you $0 per week and I guarantee you'll stop being fat

>>fatty decides to go on a diet and eat only three cakes every day

The fatty should eat food that gives him an actual "full" signal as opposed to shit that makes him compulsively gluttonous.

The fatty would not stop at 3 cakes. He would be compulsively hungry and justify getting 3 more cakes.

eggs are low calorie though. youd need to eat like 5-10 eggs to match the amount in a decent slice of cake.

I don't count calories. If I'm full, I'm full. It's a pretty good heuristic for nomadic living.

It only gets fucked up when junk food screws with the signal indicating that you're satisfied.

not my shopping for the week, just needed some veggies and soup stuff.
how are people so bad with money

Congratulations.

Different user here, but what? Where did eggs come into it?

yeah thats true. I notice fast food/processed/packaged food really can fuck you up. Another potentially hazardous thing is condiments, can easily go overboard if using fatty condiments, which i suppose would fall under processed foods.

>obp
>.200

lol

is fried kale some new meme?

most of that shit isn't meat, and therefore isn't even real food.

I think that it's also a matter of just counting calories and meal planning, when I did my first cut I was in a situation like you described where I didn't have a lot of time for food preparation during the day. I ended up relying on fast food for 4-5 meals per week, but the thing is I still successfully lost weight because calorie counts for fast food chains is easily available and if you plan how much you're going to eat you can easily cut on it. Granted I probably got way too much salt and cholesterol during that time period, but I did lose close to 2lbs a week.

You have another point about people not knowing how to cook or how to shop, raw meats are crazy cheap compared to premade stuff but I've never seen anyone buying any with food stamps, it's always frozen foods, chips, candy, etc. Then there's our OP trying to buy "healthy" fruit to prove some retarded point, so she goes and buys a ton of organic out of season produce