Just how healthy is this

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/
nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-11-111
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20416127
pnas.org/content/105/29/10033.full.pdf?sid=f78311f9-74dc-4ef7-a8a6-0993bb8ae907
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306919212000693
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fine in moderation. Plenty of protein and fat.

Elk has no intramuscular fat.
It is basically pure protein

Healthy if you eat with fiber like veggies or someshit

Meat is unhealthy, period. Contains MAMMALIAN estrogen (which is actually harmful unlike plant estrogen) and is proven to cause cancer and heart disease.

Elk is not a good source of fat at all. Which is why you need to add (usually) pork fat when grinding elk/deer/caribou for sausage.

Go back to le /reddit/ or neck yourself.

I don't care which.

shoo shoo gains goblin

not very healthy at all

you can get all the fat and protein you need from plants without the cholesterol

I don't get the yank fascinating with eating meat near-raw

Vegans actually have higher testosterone because they're not consuming all the estrogen naturally found in animal products.

You can also just eliminate the cholesterol from it with fish oil, or better yet the fatty fish itself if you have a good source of it for cheap.

>fish oil
more like snake oil you got meme'd hard by big fish

enjoy your mercury and pcbs and pfcs and phthalates and tmao

Then why are they so weak? Just about every single pro athlete eats meat. If you really have higher test, you don't, then all that means is having high test is actually bad.

t. lowtest cuck

How do I get into hunting, Veeky Forums? I didnt have a male model growing up to show me manly things like that. I just want to be able to hunt my gains in the wild.

Nobody asked so I will, how's it taste?
Do you feel a little more primal?

If it's not raised in your back yard, don't eat rare. You have a really good chance of getting sick.

Depends where in the world you are. If hunting is at all popular there, there has to be some clubs or so you can get into. Also check for online forums. And just ask around for someone who can teach you - places where locals gather or where ( naturalistic ) tourists go to should have someone who knows someone.

It will be costly though. You'll need a lot of gear, most likely a permit and teachers or clubs generally aren't free either.

If there is no hunting anywhere near where you are, it might be a bit harder. You'll have to go way out of town and then find people to help.

maybe in america, but AUS, NZ, IRE, DEN are all good

You've never eaten elk?

Kinda hard to describe. Have you ever eaten any game at all?

It's....... gamey?

Depends a bit on what part you eat and how you make it. There's a fairly strong taste of blood - or iron, but it's a good taste. Also sort of sweet.

Very different from beef though, definitely. Much stronger.

Just about everyone eats meat though. Vegans represent a small portion of the population. Pro athletes represent a small portion of the population. Vegans ∩ pro athletes is unsurprisingly smaller.

Yeah the certification process for the USDA is actually pretty weak. I wouldn't recommend buying steaks from a grocery store butcher unless they're local or you trust them.
Better yet just befriend a rancher and buy steaks discount from them to fill your freezer.

Fiber.
highsteaks.com/fiber/
Issa meme.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

Thank, rabbi.

that's because you don't have taste buds

You can eat elk raw, if that's what you're on about.

living has been linked to cancer and heart disease

This is true, but Veeky Forums doesn't care about that. They think they can get away with eating animal products without suffering from diseases.

patrik baboumian

I think this cow is ded :-(
So not healthy

>thinks he can live without suffering from diseases.

kek

>Meat is unhealthy, period
Eh, don't be so absolute. A vegan and a person with the same diet but 100 g chicken breast or salmon fillet every day will pretty much have identical health markers
>Contains MAMMALIAN estrogen (which is actually harmful unlike plant estrogen)
That is correct and everyone who argued against this is either a shill, a troll, a retard or a combination.
>and is proven to cause cancer
You're thinking of *processed* red meat. Game is in the category of "might possibly increase the chance of cancer.
Don't be preachy and dogmatic, it's why people think vegans are crazy
> and heart disease
Again, you're thinking of fatty meats. OP's game looks pretty lean to me.

Correct. Animal protein damages the endothelium of the arteries.

Suck my endothelium you low energy brain damaged hippy cuck lmao!

How Not To Die is pretty damn convincing but the western diet of eating a lot of meat and dairy is deeply ingrained and will be considered inconvenient for most. It's easier for Veeky Forums to ridicule plant-based diets as effeminate and pointless rather than actually considering the facts for a brief second.

I've cut my red meat down to 0 and white meat down to a couple of times a week. Can't quit those delicious eggs though.

The guy who got weaker and started looking like shit after going vegan? the guy who was on roids? Excellent example.

see clarence0 on yt

I would rather die if I couldn't eat red meat 5-6 times a week.

i love clarence, but the 1g of gear a week is whats making up for the vegan diet, when he was natty he was on gomad and minced beef by the kilo, check his old comments

if vegan diets actually did raise testosterone, every athlete would hop on it in a second, they'll do absolutely anything to get an edge, including taking experimental/untested substances just for a little boost, of course they'd be willing to change their diet for a similar effect.

sure, but you still require the high protein intakes, which can clearly come from non meat sources, and he is but one example of that

As regards meat and dairy reducing testosterone (and red meat probably causing cancer), I believe the increasing scientific studies indicating just that, to do otherwise is just to be wilfully blind

and I suspect as it becomes more and more clear that this is the case, more athletes will go on a vegan diet.

Meat and dairy are so deeply embedded into society that to say athletes would ditch them in a second is lazy.

In addition many people don't want to believe that it actually might be the case, like most of this thread

If you think his body and lifts needs 1g a week u should kill yourself. You are fucking retarded and should die if you need more than 250mg test for his lifts

Maybe that's because there's no hard evidence for it, cuck.

>this one vegan biased scientist said meat is the devil so it's true

> eating game rare
Enjoy your worms.

All he eats is shit with butter, jalapeno, and garlic. It gets old, joe.

>Meat and dairy are so deeply embedded into society that to say athletes would ditch them in a second is lazy.
Because popping pills, poking syringes in your ass or blood doping is also so deeply embedded into society, the fucking Shumerians were doing it.

You're retarded m8. If this were the case, children of vegan nutters wouldn't be dying of malnutrition by the boatload, but rather becoming space marines or some shit.

Thousands upon thousands years of evolution thanks to eating meat only for virtue signalling cunts like you to start espousing their bullshit on mongolian throat-singing forums, what a joke.

>children of vegan nutters are dying of malnutrition by the boatload
Going to need a source that trumps WHO's claim that "a properly planned vegan diet is suitable for all stages of life, including infancy/pregnancy". A cherrypicked article about that one kid who died of B12 deficiency isn't a boatload, or a peer reviewed study.

Alternatively: you said malnutrition. You will specify which nutrient that is and then provide a peer reviewed study that says it can't possibly be obtained from plants or bacteria.

Tip: you can't provide either, so just say that you just like bacon and eggs too much and that you don't care about GHG, water and CO2 footprints or animal rights, and that I can do nothing to stop you, and we'll end this quickly.

There can be no ethical consumption under capitalism. So I'll enjoy my morning eggs, the odd cheese board and occasionally adding mince to my red lentil ragu

>Game is in the category of "might possibly increase the chance of cancer.

If it's red meat, it's in the exact category of "probably causes cancer," meaning the evidence is strong for a carcinogenic effect.

Elk is fucking GOAT tier 11/10 meat user.

Literally never had any red meat better than medium rare elk steak.

god damn i'm hungry.

>Going to need a source that trumps WHO's claim that "a properly planned vegan diet is suitable for all stages of life, including infancy/pregnancy".

Not that it's a big point but I think you're referring to the American Dietetic Association or whatever they're called now. I don't think the WHO has commented on vegan diets specifically, although they make it clear that diets based on plants and discouraging animal foods are healthier

vegaingains looks like a NPC in a zelda game

don't eat any fiber for a week

see how you feel

>effect of reducing dietary fiber on patients with idiopathic constipation.

That's enough to make you think fiber is a "meme"?

I have. I feel great.

>found the shill
GTFO fag boi before I use you as my towel after my Stairmaster cardio

>I *cough cough* have
>I f- *drinks bone broth to restore electrolytes before fainting* feel great
>Never better *HACK*
>*smell of rotten apple keto breath fills the room*

kek okay buddy

>gear
>20+ years of meat eating before he went vegan

what exactly does this prove?

Hi vegan stains

he squats like 800lbs wtf

if someone gave me the oportunity to eat prime steaks everyday i'd kill a couple vegans with a cow femur without hesitating

It at least proves that you can continue to gain strength and size while on a vegan diet

no, thats the gear you mongrel

Unless he just started taking gear when he went vegan, no it's not the gear

Nice

>I have.

No you literally haven't. Don't give advice on a fitness board anymore.

Here are my macros yesterday.

second guy is right. athletes are at the cutting edge of nutrition and treatment. they're constantly experimenting with everything and anything. they don't give a shit about societal norms.

every single nutrition thread turns into a vegan shitdick autistic thread. go check your head instead of your diet you mentally ill liberals and stop shitting every single thread.

ill fucking kill you

>not consuming all the estrogen naturally found in animal products.
>Vegans guzzle shit like soy milk

Heh yeah, more testosterone...

Difference is that animal products contain mammalian estrogen which is absorbed and treated as your own estrogen. Phyto-estrogen is not actually estrogen, it's just molecules that are structurally similar, but far from identical. They are absorbed and is not treated as estogen but can attach to certain estrogen receptors, blocking your own estrogen, which is how phyto-estrogen(like soy) reduces risk of getting, and growth of breast cancer in women. It's also broken down into compunds that reduce the risk and growth of the prostate in men. In men it has no effect on testosterone unless you absolutely saturate your system with it, which takes far more than anyone is reasonably consuming. I have seen like one case study of a man that actually was affected but he ate like 12 portions of soy/day.

So milk increases risk of prostate cancer and contains actual estrogen, soy milk decreases risk of prostate cancer and does not contain actual estrogen.

>when vegans try to infect your with their cuckold brain cancer
we get it, you cried yourself to sleep ever since bambis mom got shot on TV

Some of this information is just plain wrong though. Here's an example:

>Do high-fiber diets help with weight loss? No. . ..Most studies show little to no weight loss benefit

nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-11-111

>Pre and post analysis among the study group showed significant reduction in BMI by 0.32 (95% CI: 0.17 to 0.47; P

Gum arabic isn't fiber. That's like saying "Saline builds muscle because when injected a solution of testosterone suspended in saline, muscle growth was enhanced."

good bait

It's literally called "acacia fiber". fiber is defined by wikipedia as "the indigestible portion of food derived from plants" so acacia fiber, inulin, etc. are indeed fiber.

i'm only saying this because the article seems to be painting the stuff with a broad stroke, but there are many different forms of "fiber" which have differing effects on microbiota.

everyone likes to point to eskimos when they're getting religious about keto, but there are plenty of tribal societies who ate lots and lots of foods besides meat and ate upwards of 100g of soluble fiber a day.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20416127
study i referenced

not saying meat and butter is bad, i'm a big fan, just think variety is our best bet

... This pic is so gay, my balloon knot is twitching just looking at it.

Pretty healthy. But more importantly, delicious.

Or your ass can specify which enzymes that are apparently found across all animal-based foods cause cancer in humans and apparently only humans, and provide an unbiased peer reviewed study with control groups and double blinds. Oh wait, you cunts never fucking do.

As for your ethics, plants are also sentient beings and they can sense being eaten, making them release toxins meant to dissuade would-be eaters, the reaction being especially common in plants that would make up the fucking staple of your diet like leafy greens. I could also go into food spoilage and how much food marketplaces throw away, arguing that it's ethical to buy produce from stores because else it gets thrown away and they overstock anyway, but I suspect at this point you would be fainting from lack of essential nutrients or having a massive shit caused by the excess of plant fiber you're ingesting.

Don't forget that too much indigestible shit in your colon like, I don't know, plant fiber, can cause colon cancer and I hear that shit is painful, yo. Enjoy huffing your own farts tho, I'm sure that they are extremely odorous thanks to the decomposition of said indigestible plant material found in your intestines. Cunt.

While you are asking him for sources, you yourself are not providing sources for any of your claims. Can you do this?

If you tell me just to look it up myself you are no better than the other guy, in fact worse because now you are a hypocrite too.

I'm not the one making the claim that a diet practiced by every society around the globe since the dawn of time is actually harmful on a very profound level, neither am I trying to cover up my bullshit with other bullshit arguments like 'high level athletes only go with the grain when trying to eke out an edge' but okay, I'll play that game.

Plants can sense being eaten and this elicits a negative response: pnas.org/content/105/29/10033.full.pdf?sid=f78311f9-74dc-4ef7-a8a6-0993bb8ae907

Food loss due to supermarket policies: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306919212000693

Don't really think that 'plant rot releases noxious gasses' needs a scientific paper or 'humans are not able to process plant fiber as well as cows'.

People can say they don't like animals dying and modify their diets accordingly, that's perfectly fine. But don't talk to me about 'ethics' or 'animal cruelty'. Nature is cruel and the only ethics in the jungle are Darwinism. Farmer ants herd aphids, milk them for their dew and cut off their wings so they don't escape (guess you're going to request a scientific paper on that one as fucking well, ain't ya?), yet somehow, some hippie cunt tells me domesticating animals is unnatural and cruel between bites of his avocado, despite the fact that agriculture requires you to kill all the pests that would otherwise infest the hell out of your neat placings of crops that were bred to be as delicious and defenseless as possible.

I happen to know vegans and vegetarians that, bless their heart, are just bundles of kindness that wouldn't hurt a fly and that's why they chose the lifestyle and wouldn't even dream to go on a soap box and autisticly screech about their self-imposed dietary constraints and how not adopting them yourself makes you a mustache-twirling villainous scum, and I also know virtue-signalling turds like the guy that started this argument who just try to overcompensate for deep character flaws.

Not that guy, but vegans are lacking in minerals and certain amino acids.

Thanks for actually providing sources on those.

>a diet practiced by every society around the globe since the dawn of time

Do you mean eating meat? Because every society across the Earth ate different diets due to different natural sources. Some ate more meat while others ate less, etc. etc.

>done a lot of stuff such as martial arts and cardio
>probably more fit then 99,99% of Veeky Forums
>18 and a half inches cold

haha yeahhh being vegan makes you weak xD xD xD

Well theres a reason pretty much every athlete who went vegan said their performance enhanced a lot from going vegan. Also the majority of professional athletes take steroids and a 20% higher natural testo wont do that much then.

LMFAOO, enjoy feeling like shit and becoming a dement useless retard when you're 70+ XDDDDDD

googling "FIBER BEING BAD FOR WEIGHTLOSS" and finding the first result does NOT remove the PILES OF EVIDENCE that its HELPFUL

Its not a diet practiced by EVERY society around the globe STOP BEING SO FUCKING RETARDED. Theres tons of societies that only eat plant based foods and wouldnt you know it theyre always a shitton healthier. In pretty much every aspect. And when they switch to a western meat eating diet they get unhealthy, weird huh?

I'm 25 and the rapture is happening in 5 months. I'l never be 26 let alone 70.

[citation needed]

Fuck off you double nigger. Agriculture was a long and arduous process of crossbreeding good traits for crops, humans would never even look twice at grains nowadays if that wasn't the case. Mostly INDIGESTIBLE HUSK THAT WOULD CAUSE ULCERS JUST BY LOOKING AT IT, would be unsustainable even in its current form for any nomadic way of life and that's how humans were by the fucking way, foragers and endurance predators. Peaches were an inch in diameter at best and half of that was the stone, berries were the best it's gonna get. What's more, the most ancient examples of modern day humans like sub-saharan africans and Australian aboriginals to this very day haven't mastered the art of agriculture, speaking volumes about your misguided beliefs.

Why isn't your mouth all molars and why is your jaw so much smaller when compared to your average herbivore or simian relative? Evolutionary science disagrees with you, muthafucka.

I don't see any char so sure