Stories That Capture The American Spirit

I love the story behind this guy, it truly is an American Story:
>Be Glorious Prussian officer in 7 years war
>Get honors for skill and prowess in battle
>Alleged homosexual, gets excluded from all courts of Europe for it
>Fast forward to the winter at Valley Forge after the retreat from New York by Washington's continental army
>Washington, recognizing his untapped skill offers Steuben a job training his army in modern infantry formations and tactics
>This pays off and with this new found discipline and training the continental army beats the British forces at Delaware and York Town

I love it cuz it didn't matter he was gay and hated in his homeland for that, Washington recognized his skill and it payed off. Arguably, without Steuben's knowledge and skill the Revolution may have been lost. Post stories in the thread that inspire you about American history and our spirit of Freedom, Justice and Defiance.

>Before permanent police forces even existed in the US, mercenary gangs were authorized to clear the way for settler land theft, and to enforce slave “law and order” for the capitalists and their governments. Gangs of “Indian hunters” such as the Pit River Rangers and the Oregon Militia were given official bounties for each Native person killed. California alone paid millions of dollars out of public funds to these murder squads. Slave patrols of white vigilante thugs were rewarded by plantation capitalists for capturing and “chastizing” escaped slaves.

Disgusting.

>stories that capture america
>posts a queer foreigner
This country has no future lol

You clearly don't get the American Spirit friend, I genuinely feel sorry for you and the fact you will never know the feeling of a true love freedom in your heart.

That's not very inspiring user..

You're full of shit and know nothing of American history save a few cherrypicked narratives that flatter the sentiments of an npr listener.

>I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

Isn't he that commie dupe conspiracy theorist

I'm willing to bet that "love" you speak of can only be felt in the ass, rather than the heart.

>go out
>get shot
>forget to tip the doctor
>die

Yeah and the poor defenseless Natives weren't skulking around stealing, murdering and raping or anything huh?

>settler land theft
Stopped reading there

Kill yourself.

>Lafayette was 19 when he defied his own government and sneaked his way into the Revolutionary War
>After faring somewhat poorly in his own country's revolution, visited America and got a hero's welcome, named an honorary citizen, treated (ironically) like royalty
>WW1 rolls around, America finally joins
>General Stanton, upon arriving in Paris, marched to Lafayette's tomb and cried:
>"Lafayette! WE ARE HERE!"
>It was July 4

Seems like he got a pretty good deal out of it

This guy gets it! Great story user, Lafayette is a classic.

Why so much America hatred in this thread?

Today I learned that the definition of americanism is men fucking each other up the ass.

Love how obsessed with that one little part of that single story.. Are you gay by any chance?

>ywn be enough of a brainlet to confuse mercantilism with capitalism
Why live lads?

No, but OP certainly is.

>A. Single. Post
Dude so what if he is gay? He was a good soldier, and that;s the important part. He could have been black or just a general outcast, but in America that doesn't matter nearly as much as you skill and character.

There might not be an America with out that "queer foreigner" as you put it. He's a hero.

But it does. The spirit of America isn't your faggot nigger shit.

>America is so desperate for success it'll sacrifice
its integrity to achieve its goals
Sounds about right, but desu that's what most countries do these days, but murricans are the original soulless slaves to the dollar

Great. What does that have to do with the spirit of America u fag
Hurr wellington was the spirit of germany

>but murricans are the original soulless slaves to the dollar
>he says as he dies for his king's money supply

So your saying you would be so thick headed that you would rather remain a slave to the eternal Anglo then to get a gay guys help and be free? You sound like a nigger to me.

The Habsburgs were my rulers.

Either way, there's homoerotic tendencies built-in Anglo-Saxons and their countries.

For all the butt-hurt fags in the comments, it say ALLEGED homosexual. As far as I know there is no actual proof he was gay. Post sources if you have proof to the contrary.

The Habsburgs were a bunch of incestuous createns who make Alabama look saintly.

Are you "pretending" to be retarded, or what?

>Embodying the spirit =/= being the spirit

You retarded m8?

>hey we need some troops trained
>okay im a fag btw
>lol k
DUH SPURUT OF AMERICA
fuck off fags

The irony is you are the clear brainlet here.

>accepted help when we needed it
>le spirit of america
how's the extra chromosome?

Well seeing some of the replies in this thread, it clearly is something pretty provocative.

lol redskins deserved tee bee aych XDD

>"Settle" land natives consider their territory
>Natives rightfully act with hostility toward people who have never kept their word in a treaty and spread like cancer into their land
>"hurr what savages, now we're justified in scapling their women and children for money!"

Adams & Jefferson
>Meet during the Revolution
>Draft the Declaration of Independence together
>Become extremely close friends during the war
>After Washington declines a third term, both run
>Become bitter political enemies
>Hate and undermine each other during their presidencies
>Jefferson retires to Monticello
>Adams eventually sends him a brief New Years greeting in 1812
>This reignites their friendship
>Exchange letters regularly for more than a decade
>On July 4th 1826, fifty years after signing the Declaration of Independence, Jefferson dies
>Adams dies a few hours later
>His last words are "Thomas Jefferson survives"

It's so perfectly patriotic that it's hard to believe.

Damn, that's a goals bromance right there...

>York Town
Fuck off limey, yorktown native here. We literally take a piss on the cave where Cornwallis set up his HQ to hide from the artillary barrages

I'm confused as to your point..

Good. Fuck natives

Wut? No one does that. Yorktown is just a regular city in Virginia with some historical ties.

Battle of Athens, Georgia
>WW2 happens
>city government, police in Athens, Georgia are corrupt shitbags
>WW2 ends, vets come home
>don't like shitbag government
>shitbags rig the next election so they can't be voted out
>WW2 vets gather up guns, storm city hall, seize the ballot boxes
>hold fair election

There we go, that's more like it! Fucking Murican as it get's right there.

zaustaviti
sada
motherfucker

Big whoop. I have a full size male real doll with Cornwallis face and period correct generals uniform that I rape and degrade and physically abuse several times a day. I have had to super glue the asshole back together several times. Ok?

Pics?

>joins the military
>does his job without hesitation
>bitches about it several decades later

>Be me, David Tran
>Living in Vietnam, 1978
>Communists finish taking over
>Think to myself "shit I better get the fuck out of here"
>Flee to America
>Need job
>family has a recipe for hot sauce that's been pretty well received
>Start selling it
>Shit flies off the shelf, company becomes internationally famous
I don't know what could be more American than that. Guy started with jack shit, and through hard work and force-of-will founded a company that now dominates its industry.

This is good user, keep em coming!

Shit I forgot to mention, that sauce is Sriracha Sauce.

Kek wtf?

I always loved this one desu.

>mfw america was literally founded on faggotry

delete this

The life of James A. Garfield. Raising yourself from backwoods poverty to President of the United States based largely on strength of will, belief in yourself for great things and a belief in divine providence is pretty American.

Butler was a Marxist loon who took drunken bitching relayed to him by a notorious teller of tall tales seriously. The Business Plot was never a serious threat to the country. He gets held up because the idea sounds plausible and he has people like Zinn and everyone descended from the Zinn school of thought to prop up the Business Plot as something bigger than it actually was.

I didn't know the story about General Stanton, very nice

I knew about 'Lafayette, we are here!' But I had no idea Lafayette was fucking 19, jeezus

>tfw I'm 19 and I haven't defied my government for freedom and glory

I'm a pathetic waste guys. Why do I even live?

>toward people who have never kept their word in a treaty

That wasn't quite what happened. Most of the time we did hold to the terms of the deal, it's just that the people we made the deal with weren't the ones who actually owned that land, it was often that tribe's enemies. So we'd make the deal and evict them, and then those tribesmen would sit there, laughing their asses off as their enemies were forced off their land, not knowing what the hell was going on.

Native life seems comfy af desu
>Kill all the time
>Smoking weed with the homies
>fuck qt3 native girls constantly
>totally free
Feelsgoodman.

Not even one of those "durr homophobes are closet gay durrr" types but you genuinely sound like you might like dick user

I legit got chills reading this

Seriously tho.

hold the fuckin phone you peach lickin son of a bitch Battle of Athens happened in TENNESSEE not *tfu*GEORGIA*tfu* may Atlanta burn to the ground once more, God bless William Sherman

t. athenian

>he could have been black
>but in America that doesn’t matter
>black
>1770’s America
>doesn’t matter
How fucking retarded can burgers get?

There were states that individually outlawed slavery from the get go up North.

He wasn't gay.

Some of my favourite American moments are the ones where the "Tin Can Boys" defeated a larger Japanese fleet to protect troop carriers and when the Flying Tigers fought to protect the chinese from Japanese air raids but in reality they just wanted some ca$h and really worked hard for it cementing the capitalist morality

Lafayette lived to see the birth of the United States, end of the Bourbons, rise and fall of Napoleon, the Bourbon Restoration and subsequent fall and replacement by the Orleans. He died only 14 years before the fall of the Orleans.

>what could be more American than that
Actually being American, probably.

>be First Gen Wop-American
>spend time overseas in the Army
>reenlist in to the Marines to fight in WWII
>mow down waves of Japs personally with his machine gun, kill countless more with his machete and 1911 for 3 days straight with no sleep and almost no food and water
>get Medal of Honor, go around the country selling war bonds and banging movie stars
>get sick of all that, wants nothing more than to get back in the shit
>train Marines in the art of gunnery, deploy to Iwo Jima
>literally helps lead the charge, breaks through man hard points and leads his men under intense fire
>is responsible for advancing his unit in the critical early stages of the battle
>finally gets wasted by a mortar shell, dies just like so many Marines before and after him, just another battlefield casualty
>mfw he probably wouldn't have wanted it any other way

F

wtf I'm a faggot now

this is merely a natural reaction

I'll kill you. America was explicitly founded for 'free white persons of good character'.
I'll eat your organs, Nigger.

Dingdingding
I am a proud American and have nothing against gay people but knowing the culture of this website nice bait OP

This is the quality content I come to Veeky Forums for.

I like john adams defense of the british guards that committed the boston massacre, I think he called his defense as a lawyer "the greatest service he had done to the goverment". He probably said that due to him being part loyalists, but theres something special there

That's the impartialled mentality to justice I wish people today tried more to embody imo.

can't forget Battle of Monmouth, arguably the turning point in the war. Not even alleged, I'm pretty sure we know now he was a raging homo and had multiple lovers at a time. Really is American as fuck

Adams was an interesting cat. I always loved him and Jefferson the most, and their relationship is one of the coolest parts of American history imo

It was Athens, TENNESSEE not Georgia.

>Stories That Capture The American Spirit
this chart

Koji ces kurac ti tu

Garfield died a few towns over from me, he was "assassinated" in DC but got on a train to NJ and died from his wounds here

why are you in here if you know nothing about American history limey?

yes he was, he was extremely gay

>who is William North

he was a better man than most. That's why we celebrate john basilone day in Raritan

Buddy, just come out of the closet, it makes life so much easier. move out of whatever dumb hick town your from, go suck dick in cali itll make you feel better

the American Spirit died with Regan

Aren't you a dense one, mutt boy

that's really sad user

it was truly a better time...

but in all seriousness this is the sort of "recontextualising" i would expect in a college course

>natives consider
hilarious joke my man i almost thought you expected me to care what the natives thought
>accuse whites of not keeping treaty obligations
this is so ass backwards its incredible , but i can't blame you cause this narrative has been pushed in all sorts of history textbooks printed post 1965 inspite of being mostly bullshit

Well it certainly was suppressed/changed for many under and after him. I think it can yet recover, we just need a big revolution to occur, peacefully or otherwise..

>Reagan is elected president
>just a few months into his presidency, he is shot by a deranged assassin
>is rushed to the hospital
>Reagan jokingly tells the doctor operating on him "I sure hope youre a Republican"
>Doctor, who was in fact a Democrat, says "Today, Mr. President, we are all Republicans"