Just your daily reminder that if you cant squat 3pl8 after a year of training then you're just not even fucking trying

Just your daily reminder that if you cant squat 3pl8 after a year of training then you're just not even fucking trying

>2 months of gym
>still not squatting 1pl8
fuaark

t.fatty
>implying a 90lb skelly is going to be able to squat 3pl8 in 1 year

Literally who is 90lb?

I just don't squat, at least not for the last 2 years.

(I did for a few years, squatted 3.5 plates for reps) but I just got over it. Leg press easily maintaining the guys I made squatting over the years.

That said I enjoy lifting a lot more now, I use to dread every single time I had to squat.

Have you seen the thread with arm pictures? It's full of skeletons. Like the whole /r/fatpeoplehate migrated here.

>I avoid challenge and hardships
I want say something but honestly your type are the majority

Why are they browsing fit anyway? I feel like ATLEAST half of fit are either dyel fatties or skeles taht arent even trying desu

just lurking baka

my nigga

i cant even squat more than 1pl8 after a couple years of lifting, because everytime i do i get the worst bruising and soreness in my back and my whole back is fucked for weeks. also it fucks up my knees. actually pretty much anytime i lift anything heavy i get fucked up like that, starting to think i have a disease. did back and chest today and shoulders are throbbing and cant move my back left or right without spine pain

>tfw gave up squats because my thighs are fat and girls only care about arms and abs anyways

I'm honestly concerned about my spine health when squating. I'm dyel and all I can imagine when squatting is my spine being compressed to shit and it makes me uncomfortable. I tried leg press instead of squats and I felt my glutes kick in for once.

I know people are going to say my form was shit, and it probably was as my knees hurt and I pulled something in my lower back, but I'm convinced that lower body compound movements should not be done unless you get a personal trainer to teach you. I constantly hear people hurting themselves with this shit (Experienced lifters too) and still trying to do it since it works out ao many areas, but the risk is not worth it in my opinion. For such picky exercises with such severe injury risks, they should be left for people who are competing. Other exercises hit the same areas and are fine for general health, sport enhancement, and aesthetics.

I'm ready for the hate.

I'm on a quest to squat 3pl8 before the end of the year. I've squatted before, but with improper form. I decided recently to embark on this quest, so i read SS (the first chapter, about squats). I've squatted light weight, 100 lbs, so far, 10 reps. It's really an entirely different exercise from what i was doing before, now that i follow the hints and ques from SS.

The most i've squatted before with completely different form was around 200 lbs.

Sure, you can skip squats. It depends entirely on your goals of course. But if you really want to squat, do what i did and read the first chapter of SS which goes into extreme detail how to squat properly. It's technical reading at times but you can power through it in two afternoons.

>almost 3 months at the gym
>can do 2.5pl8 squat
>can barely do 2.75pl8 deadlift

All my other lifts are going well and that one is fucking me over.

Well i would cut the skellies some slack. They are in that period in their lives when they realized they want to work out, but are trying to figure out the basics or just haven't gotten themselves to the gym yet. I was in that mode once, too.

If you're going to keep making retarded excuses like that you're never going to amount to anything in life.

For sure man, I apologize. You should do potentially dangerous compound lifts notorious for causing spinal problems without the advice of an experienced fitness teacher, and there are no other exercises that increase overall strength, health, and aesthetics. My bad.

Is it the exercise causing problems, or is it your poor execution of it? I could say guns or cars cause murders, when it's really the person holding the gun or driving the car.

I do the same thing now, squatted for 6 years before

have to say I'm really pleasantly surprised that I've managed to gain a little bit of quad size just from bombing them with isolation volume

hardship is not lifting a bar in an air conditioned gym you pansy, get over yourself

What if i'm a 60kg manlet?

Are you even reading?
He's saying his form is the most likely problem, but you can't really get the form right without a teacher.

>you can't really get the form right without a teacher.

You can. Stop inventing excuses.

You're not being a man by being retarded. There lots of lifters who down the line after believing they had perfect form develop servere back problems from form they THOUGHT was good, and from lack of abdominal/back strength. There is a lot of shit that can go wrong, and that's why anyone sane that wants to squat/DL high weight would highly benefit from an experienced coach. If I were making excuses, I wouldn't go to the gym at all. Being able to move is a much higher priority than lifting heavy, and you're putting the former to risk without training.

Would you rather drive safe, reliable car that matches daily needs with good handling or a racecar that requires expertice and training (With a mich higher risk of crashing) if you just need to go to the grocery store and work. For daily carry, would you rather have a standard pistol or an RPG that could accidentally go off and blow your shit up.

Im both of those cases, the race car and the RPG are for special cases and needs. Only people competing need heavy squats and deads and it's fine to do them if they have the training and are willing to take the risks associated with them, but for the average person who wants to lift for any other reason it conpeting, they would be better off doing something else or only going light with squats and deads.

You can keep listening to people screaming that they are necessary exercises and that you're shit without them, but that's just baseless bullshit. Fitness has become a heavy compound cult.

Well i'm not getting into this debate, take my advice or leave it. I'm not interested in you justifying your lifestyle.

I started at 5'10" 140 lbs, which isn't complete skelly, but every bone showed on me. After 4 months, I hit 3pl8 squat. I've always had strong legs, though, and my other lofts didn't progress as quickly.

Dyel skele here, I was 127lbs when i first started lifting, I've been lifting for 6 months or so now and just recently gotten 1plate for 3 reps. I

have spent so many nights just staying up till the sun comes up reading and watching videos on biomechanics and proper form. I've also applied what i've learned about muscle imbalances and corrected them through isolation exercises/focusing on different compound movements to strengthen opposing muscle groups/etc...

what i've noticed is that as s skele, I experience pain far sooner when my form is shitty than what i've noticed for the endomorph/mesomorph fags. Getting to 2-3 pl8 squat could be easy for them to get to even with bad form but for me and my small weak frame i feel the fuck ups extremely quickly. With that I've learned to listen to the pain and research what it means. If you go to walmart or amazon, shit even with some ducttape and carboard if you're poor, get something to attach your phone to the squat rack, bench, etc... You can record your form and study the fuck out of it and correct it at low weights before you move up to weights where you can get fucked up. Personal trainers are great and all but learning about the mechanics of the movement specific for you are far more important.

I've just recently become extremely comfortable with squatting so I've been progressing on it with some periodization so I should hit 2 plates if everything goes right within the next 6-8 months.

Another thing. As a dyel skele, I've discovered that strength standards are great for getting an idea of where you should be before you move on to intermediate programs or just programming for yourself but You're going to be far weaker on average so hitting what standards would say are "intermediate" levels of lifting and beyond are going to be much sooner. Your lifts are going to always be on the lower end of the spectrum.

>almost 3 months at the gym
>can do 2.5pl8 squat
>can barely do 2.75pl8 deadlift
Why do I get the feeling your form is shit?

I-I just have bad knees user

I should also mentioned 6'2 @ 127 when i started.

he may just have short limbs, user, no bully
you need to weigh like 200lbs at least to be any good at lifting, just from a leverage standpoint

take your time and gain the weight

Your advice is shit and out of context for anyone but competitive/trained lifters.I'll live with a good back. Have fun in snap city.

This is good advice. I'd still like a good trainer to check my form to save anything I miss and to cut a lot of the learning time/risk down.

Been lifting "seriously" for about two years, only got to 295 on squat two days ago. Went for three plates and legs were shaking like crazy on the way down, got stuck half way up. Any advice?

squat and eat more

1.5pl8 after a year here

Do more volume man. The gains will flow like rivers

I'm already at the fatty limit so I'll just have to squat more often with more intensity

Friendly reminder, if you can't ohp your body weight after a year of training then your fucking up

already alternate volume and strength days while squatting every time

even if i cant do 3x5 of a weight i still have to add more weight or i completely stall

What do you do for volume? I've been doing the following for a few months and it's been amazing. 70% 8x4, 75% 7x5, 85% 10x3, then repeat with additional 10 or 15 pounds, then test your max. You can add 80% 6x6 if you want

Wait a sec I messed that up completely. 70% 6x6, 75% 7x5, 80% 8x4, 85% 10x3. My gymbro would kill me if he found out I still haven't memorized this after all this time

This depends so much on your body structure and how frequent you do squats to be honest.

wouldnt that take like an hour?

Saw a 80lb Skelly spotting a 135lb bench today. The dude benching failed and the Skelly slowly lifted it. Then the guy says ok let's go again and fails again. The Skelly couldn't lift it at all it took them 30 seconds to rerack it to the lowest hook.

Eh if you're a lanklet, you could easily spend 6 months lifting and wondering why you're not getting any results, only to finally start counting calories and realize you don't eat NEARLY enough. Then add another 6 to 12 months to master your form on all your lifts (lanklets have a lot of trouble with that). There's a reason everyone calls bullshit when someone claims to have reached 1/2/3/4 after a year of training.

This

not enough food, or not enough training volume

probably the biggest two mistakes holding people back

>don't squat for 6 months
>don't train legs for 6 months
>still squat 3pl8 on my 3rd squat session

Yeah it can take that long. I just offer people to work in with me and proceed not to give a shit about how long the workout will be. The more people doing sets, the more rest we can get because shit, sometimes it feels like every second counts.

And just to clarify, it's just one of those per day for a given lift. Also we change the order sometimes so we don't do more than one lift at 85% on the same day

Do you mean 60 kg on both sides or 30 kg on both sides?

>smolov jr. (bench)
it's fun

3 pl8 = olympic barbell (20kg) with 3 45lbs (~20kg) plates per side = ~140kg

are you saying that some fat dude that weighs 100 kg is the same as some guy at 65 kg?

I dont count the bar and i dont have olimpic barbell, only normal straight bar

I have been training for about a year, 1RM squat is 270. Started as skelly. I don't know how long it will take to get to those magic 1/2/3/4 numbers as noob gains have petered out, hopefully within another year.

my noob gains stopped at 1pl8 :(

We're doing almost the same thing then. It is fun, even if lately it feels like I'm not going to make it after the first set, but still manage somehow to make it to the end.

This happened too me too with bench, I was a DYEL and eventually gave up for a few months after reaching 1 plate bench. When I came back I could still bench 1 plate. Felt good man

If you don't count the bar it doesn't really matter what the fuck 3pl8 is, since you can't compare to whatever retarded system you use, you mongoloid cunt.
You made me waste an easy captcha on a post to help out a retarded "fitness person" who is probably a prediabetic indian manlet.

I don't blame nubs for having painful squats because nobody talks about bracing, but FAKIN LEARN TO BRACE