Absolute worst routines you've seen a licensed/qualified/employed pt come up with?

Absolute worst routines you've seen a licensed/qualified/employed pt come up with?

Saw this at my gym today and it took the cake.

>tfw forgot to change core batteries and it turned off
S H I T

>20 deadlifts
Wheres rippletits when you need him

>squatting 3pl8
>core batteries burn out
>spine snaps in two

>doing deadlifts
>gym prankster flicks my core switch off in the middle of a set
>get helicopter ride to snap city

saw this today lol

What the actual fuck is that supposed to be in aid of?

It's an ohp accessory. They look stupid but they are hard as fuck.

>20 deadlifts
In one set? Is that supposed to be for people deadlifting the bar?

> Can't do lunges BECAUSE of knee issues

What now

to train stabilisation. literally one of the best movements out there. you can uses it on bench and squats too

It's obviously routine for women who don't care about building big muscles. This is basically functional strength training for womyn and cardio.

Don't necessarily see anything wrong with it. Different people different goals. Doesn't mean that I'd personally do or suggest this type of workout but also SS+GOMAD isn't for everyone.

This is basically destroy your knees for instagram likes

J E J
E
J

It's someone just writing down every knee damaging exercise they can think of and putting a 20 in front of it.

Who the fuck has time to do this?

>forgot to charge my core over night
>only enough core power for 1 set

I do 12-10-8-6-4-2-1 rep deadlifts, going from low weights to high. Is it bad?

>on my way to the gym
>realise ive left my core at home charging
fml

A lot of people who compete in strongman do it to help with stability for awkward competition movements

At a good gym you'd be able to rent a core

This is fucking gold, someone cap this shit.

Fuck off reddit

They are called crazy bells : D

Daily reminder that you cannot take reddit gold to the bank and king of reddit is not a real title.

Said the try hard newfag who came from Reddit last month.

it's not that funny
it's pretty funny but no one should "cap" this "fucking gold"

Just because something is hard to do doesn't mean it's not retarded.

>literally one of the best movements out there
It's highly sports specific. Unless you're a strongman, it's not worth the increased injury risk or even the added complication.

>Different people different goals.
Yeah, because "I want to destroy my knees in a timely fashion but am not quite yet prepared to take a sledgehammer to them" is a legitimate exercise goal.

Yep that's bad

Similar to the bench press variant it's supposed to help with stability and bar path. Probably a lot more medial delt work for balance.

Louie Simons and Westside highly recommend it.

I'd try it once.

That said, I don't think it's something that should be done more than two times a month. Probably has low carry over.

why do i want to go behind her, slide down her pants and bury my face right between those juicy cheeks. women dressing like that at the gym and then doing such exercises always make me hard and unable to exercise

>Louie Simons and Westside highly recommend it.
They deserve mention in a thread about worst routines.

and powerlifting. its used alot in conjugate/westside programming. its a useful movement in strength training as a whole

I didnt mean in bb tho so probably not that useful for most of Veeky Forums. it can be fun tho if you want to add some variety to your training

Is your gym one of those 'newchurch' shitholes?
Looks like either someone created a workout for themselves, and wrote it big on a whiteboard so they could read it with their glasses off.

Maybe someone is trying to get fired?

No, ramping/pyramid deadlifts are good.

Saw this stupid shit once
>A
3x5 squat
3x5 bench press
1x5 deadlift

>B
3x5 squat
3x5 ohp
5x3 power cleans

Lmao you alternate every other day

>that deadlift description
you could probably have people perform them with better form saying simply 'pick up the barbell from the floor with both hands'

Im really new to all this fitness stuff, so could anyone please explain me why is this shit?

top lel

way too much volume, meme exercises that lead to injury. it's a routine for cardio bunnies (you won't build any muscle on that routine) and a bad one at that. how they came up with it is probably 'think of as many leg exercises as possible and then do 100 reps of each'. regular cardio would be better, easier and safer.

Thanks senpai

>and powerlifting
>its used alot in conjugate/westside programming.
Hardly anyone in an average gym is a roided-up equipped power-lifter. Never got why so many people (I don't mean you, just venting) think Westside is the end all of general purpose strength training when it has such a specific niche.

The way you get a good stable ohp/deadlift/whatever is by getting as strong as possible (which such gimmicks preclude) and paying attention to form (again, same thing.) All this fucking bosu ball/tsunami bar/doing pushups on dumbells trend that is ravaging gyms is achieving, is handing out snap-city tickets like they found gold over there. If you have a weak rotator cuff - do facepulls, if your erector spinae is holding back your deads - do hypers or good mornings or whatever. It's almost like people have forgotten that what constitutes a stabilizer depends on exercise and you can do assistance work to target them directly. The whole "functional fitness" thing is just so fucking patently retarded it's not even funny anymore.