QTDDTOT

>Mary edn

How damaging is a 24 hour fast on a cut? I'm talking one day a week. Max.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/
youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ
fix-knee-pain.com/patellar-tendonitis-knee-tendonitis/,
youtube.com/watch?v=BtKP9qzIt0s&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj&index=1
amazon.com/Interlocking-Exercise-Protective-Flooring-Equipment/dp/B06XJCTG6N/ref=sr_1_8?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1492483656&sr=1-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not damaging.

I take forfuckingever to recover - up to four days of deep tissue pain after chest day and shit
Am I overtraining? Should I just power through it? It hurts pretty badly so I'm not sure if it's the 'good' kind of DOMS
What can I do for faster recovery?

Are you on creatine? It helps with recovery, at least for me

I've been doing a M & W fast and IF on most other days (cheat sometimes on weekends). So far working like a charm.

Pin test

I was, didn't help tho - not progressing as fast as I want to either, so I'm not sure if I'm over- or undertraining or whatever

You might be over training, how many reps do you do in a set?

3x10 for most stuff, usually follow my lifts/dumbell work up with some lighter weight machine work - but I do tend to push myself as much as I can

What's that sickness/genetic defect called where you have extremely long limbs among other things?

Help my arms won't straighten

One of our "coaches" told me today low-bar squatting is bad for the knees, i should rather highbar squat. ???

Get/make yourself an earthing mat

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

Pain reduction from sleeping grounded has been documented in previous studies [10, 13]. This pilot study looked for blood markers that might differentiate between grounded and ungrounded subjects who completed a single session of intense, eccentric exercise resulting in delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) of the gastrocnemius [21]. If markers were able to differentiate these groups, future studies could be done in greater detail with a larger subject base. DOMS is a common complaint in the fitness and athletic world following excessive physical activity and involves acute inflammation in overtaxed muscles. It develops in 14 to 48 hours and persists for more than 96 hours [22]. No known treatment reduces the recovery period, but apparently massage and hydrotherapy [23–25] and acupuncture [26] can reduce pain.

Eight healthy men ages 20–23 were put through a similar routine of toe raises while carrying on their shoulders a barbell equal to one-third of their body weight. Each participant was exercised individually on a Monday morning and then monitored for the rest of the week while following a similar eating, sleeping, and living schedule in a hotel. The group was randomly divided in half and either grounded or sham grounded with the use of a conductive patch placed at the sole of each foot during active hours and a conductive sheet at night. Complete blood counts, blood chemistry, enzyme chemistry, serum and saliva cortisol, magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy, and pain levels (a total of 48 parameters) were taken at the same time of day before the eccentric exercise and at 24, 48, and 72 hours afterwards. Parameters consistently differing by 10 percent or more, normalized to baseline, were considered worthy of further study.

(1/2)

Parameters that differed by these criteria included white blood cell counts, bilirubin, creatine kinase, phosphocreatine/inorganic phosphate ratios, glycerolphosphorylcholine, phosphorylcholine, the visual analogue pain scale, and pressure measurements on the right gastrocnemius.

The results showed that grounding the body to the Earth alters measures of immune system activity and pain. Among the ungrounded men, for instance, there was an expected, sharp increase in white blood cells at the stage when DOMS is known to reach its peak and greater perception of pain (see Figure 3). This effect demonstrates a typical inflammatory response. In comparison, the grounded men had only a slight decrease in white blood cells, indicating scant inflammation, and, for the first time ever observed, a shorter recovery time. Brown later commented that there were “significant differences” in the pain these men reported [12].

Figure 3 (pic related)
Delayed onset muscle soreness and grounding. Consistent with all measurements, ungrounded subjects expressed the perception of greater pain. Related to the pain finding was evidence of a muted white blood cell response indicating that a grounded body experiences less inflammation.

(2/2)

Also, it sounds like you're either overtraining or have wildly bad form. Let's narrow it down. How often do you lift?

hahahahaha what the fuck

Dr Sircus is a big fan I think theyre called biomats but they actually have had pretty positive studies done. Thanks for the suggestion

Osteoporosis too.

2.4.5. Reduction of Primary Indicators of Osteoporosis, Improvement of Glucose Regulation, and Immune Response
K. Sokal and P. Sokal, cardiologist and neurosurgeon father and son on the medical staff of a military clinic in Poland, conducted a series of experiments to determine whether contact with the Earth via a copper conductor can affect physiological processes [11]. Their investigations were prompted by the question as to whether the natural electric charge on the surface of the Earth influences the regulation of human physiological processes.

Double-blind experiments were conducted on groups ranging from 12 to 84 subjects who followed similar physical activity, diet, and fluid intake during the trial periods. Grounding was achieved with a copper plate (30?mm?×?80?mm) placed on the lower part of the leg, attached with a strip so that it would not come off during the night. The plate was connected by a conductive wire to a larger plate (60?mm?×?250?mm) placed in contact with the Earth outside.

In one experiment with nonmedicated subjects, grounding during a single night of sleep resulted in statistically significant changes in concentrations of minerals and electrolytes in the blood serum: iron, ionized calcium, inorganic phosphorus, sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Renal excretion of both calcium and phosphorus was reduced significantly. The observed reductions in blood and urinary calcium and phosphorus directly relate to osteoporosis. The results suggest that Earthing for a single night reduces primary indicators of osteoporosis.

Earthing continually during rest and physical activity over a 72-hour period decreased fasting glucose among patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Patients had been well controlled with glibenclamide, an antidiabetic drug, for about 6 months, but at the time of study had unsatisfactory glycemic control despite dietary and exercise advice and glibenclamide doses of 10?mg/day.

(1/2)

K. Sokal and P. Sokal drew blood samples from 6 male and 6 female adults with no history of thyroid disease. A single night of grounding produced a significant decrease of free tri-iodothyronine and an increase of free thyroxin and thyroid-stimulating hormone. The meaning of these results is unclear but suggests an earthing influence on hepatic, hypothalamus, and pituitary relationships with thyroid function. Ober et al. [12] have observed that many individuals on thyroid medication reported symptoms of hyperthyroid, such as heart palpitations, after starting grounding. Such symptoms typically vanish after medication is adjusted downward under medical supervision. Through a series of feedback regulations, thyroid hormones affect almost every physiological process in the body, including growth and development, metabolism, body temperature, and heart rate. Clearly, further study of earthing effects on thyroid function is needed.

In another experiment, the effect of grounding on the classic immune response following vaccination was examined. Earthing accelerated the immune response, as demonstrated by increases in gamma globulin concentration. This result confirms an association between earthing and the immune response, as was suggested in the DOMS study [21].

K. Sokal and P. Sokal conclude that earthing the human body influences human physiological processes, including increasing the activity of catabolic processes and may be “the primary factor regulating endocrine and nervous systems.”

(2/2)
Never heard of him but I'll check him out. They are also called earthing mats or grounding mats.

I'm cutting pretty aggressively and I've lost an awful lot of weight over the past week and a half. I'm talking 7-8 pounds, NOT including water weight.

I don't feel particularly hungry, just a bit fatigued when I do my cardio. I'm wondering how damaging this could be in the long term. I don't want to force myself to eat if I don't have to.

>G. Chevalier, S. T. Sinatra, and J. L. Oschman are independent contractors for Earthx L. Inc., the company sponsoring earthing research, and own a small percentage of shares in the company.

I knew someone would try disprove the science on the grounds of conflict of interest, that's why I posted the conclusions found by independent, military doctors. I'm not gonna drag your kicking and screaming into a better way of life. :^)

>literal shilling
>science

pick one

These two things are true: you can't rape the willing and it isn't shilling if it's true.

1,93m 86kg
DL 100kg x 10
Squat 93kg x 5
Bench 67kg x 4
OHP 46kg x 5
4 months in on GSLP, added dips, pull-ups, curls, bbrows, leg raises & leddits gripping strength.
Running 3times/week (4-5km)
Cutting slow at 2k kcal with some cheating.

Should I keep cutting, maintain or bulk for that sweet summer flab?
Am I going to make it?

My gym doesn't have a rack and I don't have anyone to spot me. Should I still be bench pressing if I can't do them to failure? Or just keep to dumbbell presses?

Anyone have suggestions on routines for lifting with biking? I have been thinking of going from 4 to 3 days a week by cutting out squats and biking more instead and maybe some light Olympic lifts. Never liked my form on squats. Intermediate level lifter on 5/3/1 BBB and commute by bike to work most days.

dumbbell ohp or barbell ohp for maximum gains?

What's your diet like and how long do you train for on a particular muscle group?

Don't tell me you're a bench bro who who lifts for 2 hours and eats jack shit cause you're trying to cut.

There's a sound my left shoulder makes when I roll/raise and lower it, makes me worried whenever I do shoulders. I'm new to lifting but I'm pretty sure its done that since before I ever picked up weights.
What gives guys?

Forgot to mention its kinda like a popping sound, maybe like two bones bumping into each other

Doing front squats for the first time today. I'm supposed to do 2x5@265, what's a good way to ease into it?

>265
>First time doing front squat

Rest in pepporini

DIY ice baths?

any tips? Never done, got super bad doms and trying to relax

it's 4/20 so I wouldn't mind smoking a blunt while I'm there.

I can back squat 335 for reps, my 1RM is 380

I'm asking how to get into front squatting? I watched some form videos on YouTube. It's not that I don't have the muscle to do the weight, it's the movement is new to me

the form is very similar to a high bar back squat, you're just holding the weight in front of you. also forget that cross grip bullshit, just get the bar in the oly rack position.

Okay that's what I figured. Probably going to start with bar>1pl8>2pl8 for warmup to get a feel for it

Adhesion.

You have a really bad buildup. Stretching and mobility work and it should go away. Also try to roll out your chest With a tennis ball. Find any trigger points (places where it hurts like hell) with the ball and press on it for about 30 seconds.

just shower at the coldest setting for a minute or so, remember to focus on relaxing your muscles while youre under the water.

yea, it sounds like youre good. maybe stretch out your ankles beforehand.

Thanks. I work out at a PL gym so I can always ask for pointers there too on form

do girls get manlier face and get smaller boobs when they lift to their natty limit?

Cant gym due to work for 3 weeks total. 1 week in and i'm going crazy. How to cope? At least my shoulders are feeling better

they get more muscly, many people think that muscles make them look more manly, and for face, it'll get more gaunt at lower bf %'s. to a small extend as well, boobs will get smaller, and look strange on a super lean body, but i dont think for most it's that significant.

do bodyweight stuff in downtime at home? idk

Worked out for the first time, is it normal for my arms to feel really weak? No pain, just useless.

yea, thats pretty common. strength comes with hard work, don't let anybody tell you differently.

Yes definitely. If you're doing bodyweight exercises, make sure to do beginner versions. Like pushups with only your hands and knees on the ground rather than hands and toes. Every workout has a beginner version. Don't be too proud to meet the workout at your skill level. You'll make it if you're not.

Bump

you have no muscle to cut down to. Also:
youtu.be/GIX-RyorgkQ

i'd suggest that you bulk until you really start to plateau or are significantly stronger, then cut. you need to focus on chest, and OHP, both of those seem to be lagging. stick to your routine, but do those at the beginning of your workout and go hard.

Dream is no more, getting built...

I hope you plug your mat into the wrong hole

his eyes are so big desu

For the past few weeks I've been doing my usual whole body dumbbell routine late in the evening and much faster then usual.
Instead of going for 12 reps in each of the three sets I go for 6 reps and I halved the length of the breaks between sets.

I've been having DOMS and usual tiredness, I also sweat like crazy and my heart beats fast during the workout so I guess I'm doing it right.

This is kind of working for me desu as I'm kind of busy.

What do you think about making this permanent? Instead of focusing on the increase in weights I could focus on shortening the breaks even more. Would it count as cardio then? Would my muscle gainz hurt because of that?

That is, if you have trouble building ... wait a minute ... you have a bottom and top body said. Got a problem to develop before body, and no legs. When you do not go ... on the basis of its mass, is the upper body, it is easy to create. So, if you are low and melutampum, it is easier for the body to build. If you level with legs, the bottom of the building there is a problem ... I do not understand. If you're good, but you have less body problem down the stairs of the building. If demand for lower prices, it is easy to build, it will not be too much trouble. Yes?

Alright guys big question
I had TERRIBLE pain in my hip grove in the front when I squat.
It's reduced my squat down to 135, and I can barely do that.
Just 2 weeks ago I was squatting 205 for a few sets.
I'm tall, and have a slightly wide stance. The manager at my gym suggests bringing in my stance, which helps, but also hurts my knees and I feel like I have a lot less power.

Any other suggestions? Should I work on strengthening my ass? Also how the fuck do you stretch that area?

fasting raises your growht hormone levels???? what the fuck?? is there any scientific analysis to htis?

Recovering fat cunt here ((forgive me Veeky Forums) - all of my joints are absolutely child-like weak and I'm having trouble doing any bodyweight exercises at all, especially pushups because my shoulders just won't have it. I've been doing 'cheat' pushups with my knees on the ground and only lowering myself very slightly while keeping my elbows in, will this help my arms and shoulders if I keep it up every day? It definitely feels like it's working them. Is there a standard bw routine for fatties that can be done in a small space?

> Get off today
> Greater weight, which pulled in a year is difficult, but not impossible, difficult
> I keep stopping in half set to reset the jack (using the fat bar, normal bar points)
> During the last game, you notice tingling in the lower back of the menu after you reset the socket
> Stay afraid like hell and stop
I wear a belt at the moment, what the hell happened? I was not sure if I was killing my muscles or hurting me

Personal trainers
How much do they make, and what cets do you need to be one?
It's the only real job I can think of where being fit helps

Sounds like a stroke, you goddamned phoneposter.

no phone

Plz halp /fit

Lose the weight first, body weight routines will be very hard to do when you weigh 700 pounds, so lose the weight first.

Don't stretch an area. Let it heal. If your injured the muscles your use for squating, while squatting, perhaps its time to lower the weight and further perfect your form. High weight only compounds the danger of inadequate form.

I got a girl pregnant who I never want to see again. She doesn't believe in abortion and is beyond excited to be having a baby. She's one month in.

What do I do?

Not gonna marry her. Kinda just wanna quit my job and go teach English in Korea for the rest of my life

lmao you're fucked

find out about misoprostol or something like that and slip it in her drink, its fairly safe aand will force abortion.

but if you already wanted to go to korea then go and never return, its kinda hard to get child support from someone in another country

Thanks
Guess I'm gunna be that retard squatting half the weight I bench for the next month or so.

african-american gentleman detected

This. Get the fuck out of N. America.

Why no rubber?

Marfan syndrome?

Nah, white
She's a young Instagram addicted moron who's been in therapy for years but is pretty
Cause I'm not gay
I think leaving the continent is my best bet. I would prefer Russia as a living place but whatever.. Beggars can't be choosers

it's the brown in your heart that counts

Are pictures loading slowly for everyone else too?

So a bulk of around 200-300 kcal and just keep on grinding to put those numbers up there?

I think this cut started as a desperate attempt to get "beach ready", lolswedennobeach10Cinaugust.

Low bar vs high bar

Guys be cereal here with me for a sec.

>is Keto a meme???

This is my current intake for the day and I feel like complete shit.

I think you are supposed to feel like shit as your body switches from glycogen to keytones.

Ugh, how long tho senpai

Keto is a meme, but not the worst meme ever
That being said if it's what you want to do you have to give your matabolism time to adjust
You can't expect to switch from burning cards to burning fat without feeling shitty for a week or so

currently in keto, have been for ~1.5 months. Lost 16 lbs so far. 205lbs -> 189 lbs
lookin' real joocy
>not a meme

I don't think I can start this right now then. The mental fatigue and foggyness is no Bueno during finals week. Maybe I'll try again after uni this summer.

I'm on my way to the gym right now (I walk) and I need to shit real bad. What exercises can I do to increase anus strength?

I'm on a cut, went from 190lbs to 169, but still sitting around 15~% bf. I want to start doing german volume training soon, and since i'll go on a calorie surplus once I start, I'm wondering if I should postpone it until I'm at least 12 %bf. What do you guys think?

I think I got a patellar tendinitis from various leg exercises. What should I do next? Should I follow this guide: fix-knee-pain.com/patellar-tendonitis-knee-tendonitis/, or go see doctor again?

I've gone to see my doctor before, he just tells me to rest. This is my second time I've experienced this after doing leg exercises like squatting, deadlifting, front squat, and leg press. I was pushing 300lbs 4x5 squat before I experience this pain. I usually work on my legs every other day? Is that too much?

lol I genuinely feel dread just reading about this, if it happened to me I don't know what I would do

three to four times a week on average; usually chest->rest->legs->rest->back->rest etc.
Diet is based on Scooby's calorie calculator for maintenance

What body fat % is this

The easiest way to see if its your internet or the website is to load google (to verify if your internet is even working properly) and then a youtube video (to see how close normal the speed is).

>Not a meme
Depending on how much carbs you were eating before and how much of a habit it was for you to eat them it an be easy or difficult to get from high/medium-carb to low carb. The first time was too difficult for me and I gave up. Been keto for a couple times this time and it was ezpz. Pic related are todays intake and I feel pretty good. Ate some chocolate yesterday and got a headache, felt anxious, and less relaxed.

BTW, are you cutting? Protip: when you finally hit ketosis, which for me was signaled by a sweet artificial sweetener-like taste in my mouth, your appetite will go up for 3-7 days so give up on cutting during that period and just eat to satiety. You appetite will go back down and then you can go back to business as usual. Trust me, this will reduce transition suffering immensely, if you get that far.

Keto has hella benefits: benefits to muscle gain and athletic performance, brain/mood, energy efficiency, diseases like alzheimers, weight loss, and positive benefits to atherosclerosis prevention and utilization of cholesterol. I've made a LCHF playlist if you wanna check it out. The first 6 vids are 5 minutes each and concise and illustrative. youtube.com/watch?v=BtKP9qzIt0s&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYVETxvU_BCu1Xxb5dFt8xjj&index=1

That's probably for the best.

>Calculating maintence via internet calculator.
wew. The next time you cut, keep track of how many lbs you lose a week and then multiply that by 3500 and divide by 7. Do that for a couple weeks to account for water weight. Average it out for find your actual maintainence. For example if I lose a lb a week at 1500kcal a day, then my actual maintenance is about 2000kcal, with a margin of error depending on the accuracy of my scale.

doesnt matter

Im a personal trainer in West Des Moines IA, and i make ~50k a year with about 35-50 hours a week. Certified through ACE

What kind of floor protection do I need to avoid damaging my apartment when I drop a barbell?

It's a first floor apartment and the area I'll be using has linoleum flooring (probably with concrete underneath).

Will something like this be good enough:

amazon.com/Interlocking-Exercise-Protective-Flooring-Equipment/dp/B06XJCTG6N/ref=sr_1_8?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1492483656&sr=1-8

I haven't lifted in 6 days. How much muscle mass have I lost and is it normal to feel high levels of anxiety about going back today?

>hold me
>i'm scared

what if they laugh at me Veeky Forums?

i stacked 2 of those and dropped a 255lb load from deadlift height 3x5 times, the floor was undamaged.

Skinnyfat here. Cut or bulk first?