Is it beneficial to your health to use a sauna regularly?

Is it beneficial to your health to use a sauna regularly?

Not going to lie to you guys, I hate cardio. And I know a sauna is not a proper replacement for it. But I do enjoy sweating, it helps me relax and it feels good when I leave.

Is the sauna good for anything but dropping a bit of water weight for the short term? Will I lose actual weight (read: fat) sweating like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

health.harvard.edu/press_releases/sauna_health_benefits
youtube.com/watch?v=aHOlM-wlNjM
youtube.com/watch?v=eWKBsh7YTXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Nl1s9YxODRM
medscape.com/viewarticle/873851
mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/well/mind/are-saunas-good-for-the-brain.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

literally 0 benefit and a lot of risks involved

health.harvard.edu/press_releases/sauna_health_benefits

Yes there are a myriad of very positive health benefits from sauna use regularly

My understanding is that the heat/humidity causes the heart rate to increase, so yes you'll burn a bit of fat.

Also, bumping for better answers.

I've also heard that a good way to spike your heart rate is to chill out in the sauna for a while (15-20 min) and then hop out and turn on a really cold shower. I used to do that for 2-3 cycles and loved it

>Is it beneficial to your health to use a sauna regularly?
i literally enjoy the hell out of it

no but srs i love it. it makes me feel so fucking good when i get out of 100°C (obligatory fuck you for you idiots using °F) sauna, jump into some icewater pool and chill in some relax Zone. so i guess ist healthy for my mind atleast

This, I grew up with it and it is meditative in a way.
Nothing makes you feel more refreshed

It reduces hypertrophy by 2/3 apparently which is a lot. According to a study on /r/advancedfitness

Sometimes I use a hot tub though. If you enjoy it might as well.

Seems kinda warm

That bitch beneficial to the health of my DICK

man if i get goosebumps from something its some good shit

dunno how you measure good shit but i do it with the degree of goosebumps it gives me

has to be very hot tho for that to happen

Yeah it has a lot of benefits, including longevity and generating new braincells.

youtube.com/watch?v=aHOlM-wlNjM
youtube.com/watch?v=eWKBsh7YTXQ

all the legitimate research studies that i've read regarding the health benefits of sauna-ing all deal with the stress it puts on the heart. It's good for people who have suffered a heart attack apparently. Don't fall for any of the new age bullshit.

However, as a regular sauna-user and as someone who suffers from a genetic form of arthritis 20 minutes in the sauna alleviates a lot of the joint pain and stiffness that I feel for a few hours.

>to continue reading this article you must log in
kys

The average Finn goes to sauna around 2 times a week. We are all super fucking ripped.

>not

t. a finn

Rhonda is my medicinefu, I got dibs.

Although not quite fat, might have to do with draft though

t. Dutchfag living in Finland

Just do your cardio. If saunas could replace cardiovascular exercise there would be 20 sauna rooms in place of all the treadmills in gyms, there would also be a lot less fat people if it were that easy. Sounds like you could do with exercising your brain as well.

nah man we fucking fat.

100 C seems dangerous as fuck to me
Wouldn't the liquids in your skin or in your eyes be on the verge of boiling?

Saunas are good for relaxing sore muscles and when you sweat it does release some toxins but you're not going to be burning much fat in there, just dehydrating yourself.
If you want to use a sauna be sure to limit your time and drink plenty of water

Treat it like massages. They are nice to relax and for your general well being but they are not an exercise.

>Toxins
Mate your liver does that just fine. "Toxins" on the surface of your skin are just that, they don't poison you in any way.

They've created a multibillion dollar industry based on the meme that your body can't remove toxins itself, so buy this expense green smoothie.

Does that help with cardio too?

>100 C
no.

Is it gay to be nude in the sauna? My friends think it is, but I've always been, and I don't see what's weird about it.

Yes. It's a normal temp for a good, wood-fired sauna.

Zyzz died in one so ill pass

Depends on the country. Usually men and women go separate, even in countries where going to sauna has a long tradition. It's just more relaxed even if people claim theres no sexual tension, well, if not that, then awkwardness.

So as long as you arent going with the opposite sex, always go naked.

Mixed, drunk student saunas are the best.

T. Finnish uni student

not if ur benis isnt very big

In Germany, we're all nude in mixed saunas and its no fucking deal, beeing nude is just natural. And if you do get aroused you can just look at that 80 year old nana over there and its back to normal!

Ask Zyzz.

Jelq and bathmate u fag

(citation needed)

In the US, yes. In Europe, no

Nah, not really. Im from finland and havent really heard of a family that would go to the sauna all together, like it's just obvious that teens want to go alone / men / women only. For couples yes obviously.

But no, it's not really common at all as far as I know, and I do live in Finland. Youre probably just thinking of families that have man and woman and their small kids, which obviously is normal.

It would be terribly weird imo for me to take a sauna with my grandmother, both naked. Disgusting as a thought as well.

Seconding this. At some point in the teen years you just stop going with your parents ( honestly though I think i''s mostly just "m-muh independence" ). Then you get older and you start going with the rest of your family's men ( or women ) unless they got families of their own.

Other than parents it's usually pretty easy to go in mixed company. If you have a sauna night with friends, it's less effort to just go in a mix.

>gym rules at my gym say you have to wear a towel in the sauna

REEEEEEEEEEE

Not only with my grandmother, but with the grandmother of a complete stranger too. Apparently its just a German thing

>tfw no friends who like being in the sauna

If it would be bad for your health, we Finns would have gone extinct long ago.

I'm pretty sure you don't lose any weight (except water) though.

Sauna is a big thing here in Finland, almost every home has it´s own sauna around here.

I sweat out in sauna every day 30-45 minutes, then I take ice cold shower.

It improves circulation, reduces stress and I personally feel much more cleaner after I have sweated like a pig and take ice cold shower. It is the best feeling in world.

It also takes toll on CNS if you take extremely hot session, the proper finnish way. I feel extreme exhaustion and relaxation after sauna and the sleep is very deep if taken like hour before bedtime.

Reminds me of this one thing that happened to me years ago in sauna, I'll greentext it to you guys
>be 14 young man
>cousin's cottage at sipoo
>cousins 14 and 16, both grills, both very friendly and beautiful
>spend a day talking about nice things, picking mushrooms etc
>give a good impression of youself (probably?)
>in the evening, sauna
>being naked is natural, mixed sauna
>penis already turns in to light standby mode from the thought of being naked with cousins (not erection but noticeably bigger)
>take a proper sauna, go drink naked and back to sauna
>exchange suggestive looks and smiles with cousins but nobody's saying anything yet
>my and my cousin's parents have had enough of the heat and they go get some wine and light the barbecue
>me and my two astounding cousins are naked side by side
>at this point hardening control failed and my shween started to imply that my cousins were 5/5
>I was embarrased and tried to hide it
>cousins giggled a little but said that it doesn't matter, they start to introduce their own anatomical peculiarities
>"do you want to touch my boobs"
>susanna seal of approval and move hand towards boobs
>"but can I touch your penis?"
>fsst tough situation, don't know what to answer
>suddenly your dad appears in sauna
>it's an emergency, cousin girls, get the fuck out of here
>cousins exit and father shits semi consistent tarts on the heater
>bends you to lie on your stomach
>"I'll shit on your back now, son"
>okay, dad
>shit ejaculates on your back
>dad rubs it against your back and asks "you like son, you like?"
>honestly, not very much, no
>"me neither, I thought you'd like it"
>never talk about shit-episode with father again

By saying
>some toxins
I was trying to downplay that effect, it is very minor and can be accomplished by cardio

lad
100c is the staple in finland

youtube.com/watch?v=Nl1s9YxODRM
>Two Americans First Finnish Sauna Experience at 212 Degrees

It´s 100 celsius and they didn´t die

I love it.
Good for my skin and it relaxes my muscles after a workout.
I don't think it replaces a cardio workout in any way what so ever tough.

Only really good for stretching, otherwise I find them to be shit. Let me ask you a question OP. How many fit, attractive, physically well off looking people do you see in a sauna?

Now how many fit, attractive, physically well off people do you see running on a treadmill for extended periods of time?

There's your answer.

That's the most retarded thing I've read today

brehs why is it allowed for women to be this hot

As a grower but not a show-er I hate public nudity, it's either a sad turtle or looks like I'm ready to rape.

There's gotta be a reason the sauna is only filled with old asian ladies and fat mexican dudes.

Don't tell me this is some joe rogan the fag dmt hemp oil cbt/thc therapy.

Anyone else gotten sick of joe rogan the fag?

Because those "saunas" in America probably have temperature akin to Turkish steam bath.

Proper Finnish sauna is literally too hot for women to even tolerate the pain of heat shock

the second line of your post is silly brah. regular folk can't into fitness. my gym is full of DYELs squatting 60kg but im not about to conclude that squatting barbells is bad

however, i can't agree enough on the stretching. being 100% warmed up, both on your body and in the muscles, is absolutely paramount to a good stretching routine. my garage has a dark coloured, south facing (in northern hemisphere) door so it takes a pounding by the sun in summer and acts as a huge radiator, gets hot as fuck in there. i always take the opportunity to do some good PNF stretching sessions in there.

Yeah
Thats because you live in the US

>100°C

JUST

I go in the sauna three times a week, my gym also has a steam room (turkish bath?), which I think i prefer actually, so I do both.

I don't use them to replace cardio or anything like that, I do it for the mental health benefits. It's almost the only time I feel at peace, it's bliss.

Try it sometime
You need to take a cold shower afterwards for maximal relaxation

What about my heat shock protonz???

I spent all day sunday in a mixed sauna and it was marvellous. You don't need an expert to tell you if deep relaxing is good for you or not, seriously you guys why even fight about that. It feels great, case closed.

As to the argument about only uggos going there...
Due to it being a holiday weekend there were a lot of people coming and going, plus I spent over 9 hours there so I saw all of them. Seeing a lot of people up close and naked is great, you get more of a feel for where you fit in. And there were a LOT of good looking women there. don't believe me? think about it:

If you're older, it doesn't matter, no one cares what you look like.
But if you're a girl under 30 you really think you're gonna get naked in a group of strangers if you're not confident in your body?? Every one of the younger girls there that day was pretty nice and i'd say the top 20% were smoking hot.

Your dad shit on you in the sauna?

Fucking Finland

wut

>tfw no qt finnish gf to sauna with

Helveteeeee

>spend a day talking about nice things, picking mushrooms etc
this was more hilarious than anything else

So it's heart training? Could it replace HIIT cardio?

Honestly, I think it's gay not to go nude in same-sex saunas, but the US is prude like that and many gyms require you to wear shorts. I call it gay because it's not near as enjoyable as going in the buff, and people here are overly self-conscious faggots about nudity.

I don't think it's quite that miraculous dude

5/5. Everytime.

Supplement to HIIT cardio? Probably would melt if you did sauna + yohimbine

If I go into the sauna won't it be full of old naked fags sucking each other off?

But you get to be the cute Twink that all the faceless old men are lusting after

yep

I saw a guy in his 40's looking at my dick whenever he thought i wasn't looking during 15-20 minutes yesterday, so youre probably right

Zyzz died in a sauna

If the sauna demon could fell a god, why do you think you would fare any better?

because I'm not a roiding kurd with a heart condition

Dr. Rohnda Patrick is an actual doctor. The burden of proof is on you to scientifically prove that saunas are bad.

medscape.com/viewarticle/873851

MUH TOXINS
MUH FILTERS

I don't know if there are actual health benefits but it feels good as hell, there's no problem doing it once in a while.

Constant exposure to heat has some bad side-effects though like infertility so unless you are finnish you shouldn't be doing it everyday.

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/21/well/mind/are-saunas-good-for-the-brain.html

sauna = dehydration

there are no health benefits
you just lose water weight/look leaner

Zyzz didn't become a martyr for you to be asking this man