REMINDER that for strength bench isn't better than OHP...

REMINDER that for strength bench isn't better than OHP, it only got included in powerlifting because it's easier to judge properly

>implying you have to choose one or the other

Grade A autism right here.

I never said you had to choose one, I said one was better than the other

ohp- builds anterior delts marginally better while doing virtually nothing for medial and posterior
bench- builds anterior delts nearly as well as ohp while building your whole chest exponentially better and gives that barrel chested look

the press is a memelift but it feels good so do it anyway

>ohp
>strengthens upper back and traps
>does actually work medial delt if you do it properly

if you're ohp for back and traps i feel bad for you son

Confirmed for lifting with baby weights and not doing full ROM, shrugging his shoulders

rack pulls and rows actually

unless you're ohp'ing like 500 lbs you're never gonna even stimulate my traps and back with ohp

Ever since I started doing OHP and got to 62 kg for reps my traps have really grown.

Keep in mind I never did trap iso and have been doing deadlifts for a long time.

OHP is def a trap builder

yeah ohp builds traps in the same way squats build hamstrings

I've stimulated more traps than you can imagine.
t. Big Lenny

Maybe actually do The Press correctly and you will feel all the muscles working in the movement?

You are talking about the lift as if you actually got it a heavy weight, but don't do the lift at all.

The Press is a push press you retard, not OHP.

>got to 62kg
Kek.
Growing your traps with babby weight.
How skele are you?

The press is not a push press, idiot. The press is more strict and doesn't involve any leg drive. Overhead Press is just a clarification for all the cunts that hear the word press and automatically assume bench press.

You're an idiot. Keep lifting baby weight OHPs for your traps

Strong rebuttal dummy. I'm not OP so I'll stick with deadlifts and Shrugs for trap development. OP is right about the press being a better upper body movement than bench.

I do OHP for my anterior delts and to a lesser degree serratus anterior, not my traps. It's pretty shit for everything else. Rack pulls and rows hit my traps and back so much harder I don't feel them when doing ohp. It's not effective for it.

I've competed here

,Kekked

So extremely well?

if your baseline comparison is not lifting then yes

What do you think is the primary mover in the squat?

>muh quads. Bc I can see em