Let's have some fun

I want you to invent the stupidest, most insane bullshit piece of broscience a DYEL with minimal expirience might actually believe.

I'll start:
Your biceps and lats are antagonistic to your triceps and chest, the main movers in the bench press. By preexhausting your bi's and lats you can increase the amount of weight you can lift in the bench press.

When benching make sure you go down in the movement less than a second. Then kip it up. Explosiveness will lead to gains.

SS is a good routine

i see a shitload of people benching like that

But that's actually true.

something I was told at the gym, so not original:
>your biceps and triceps are opposites, you cant train both. If you train one the other one will shrink. Thats why a lot of people dont get any gains, they train both and then it has no effect.

said to me by someone who ive only ever seen do benchpresses.

Cause its bull.

I fell for it too. Then I actually focused on contracting my muscles and controlling the weight and I got my ass whooped.

but how else am i supposed to bench 1pl8 if i can't bounce it off my chest

Sounds like it is deload time

>"Do 2pl8 barbell jumpsquats for explosiveness"

I though it was both--

You bring the we might down as slowly as possible, and then push it up as fast as you can.

When you're squatting, remember to activate your quads below parallel.

"when deadlifting, pull with your back to maximize muscle fiber distribution efficiency"
or something equally memey

Full body workouts three times a week is the best way to create a strenght foundation.

You do.

But most people just go down and up in less than a second.

Should be 3 down 1 up
Squeezing all throughout.

>Squatting ass to grass is bad for your knees. Instead, it's best to go slightly above parallel in order to better activate your quads.

either control the weight troughout the entire rom or try bouncing it off your larynx

>Benching with wider grip makes your chest wider, while a more narrow grip make it thicker.

I didn't even make this up, a guy I talk to at the gym told me this.

Have you ever heard of nitrogen balance? It is an indicator of the amount of protein you are taking in. If you are taking in enough protein your urine should contain more urea which is a great fertilizer. Try spilling some urine into your moms flower pots. If those grow faster you are good to go.

that is pretty evil

the thing is, most of them already squat slightly above parallel

Exactly. It's just bad enough to be bad advice and fuck up their knees, but it also works to reaffirm and encourage their bad habits.

If you tug your wee wee Long enough it will grow

Those guys that do big barbell movements are going to have joint problems in 5 to 10 years. It's best to stick to dumbell and machine movements, at light weight. I'm talking 5, 10, even 15 pounds if your'e feeling ambitious.

Big if true

Well, actually it is, but people tend to overlook the purpose of it. It even flat out says it in the name: STARTING strength. It is, literally, designed for people who are just STARTING.

this
I'm tired of people blaming Rippitoe for their bodies when it was literally a beginner program from its conception

Shoo shoo

All posters in this thread are goblin apologists.

>squatting in the Smith machine is easier on the knees and lower back because of the stabilized bar path

>beginner program that if done correctly will 100% of the time make you look much worse than you did when you started

I've had this thought. I have a hard time growing chest, so I would do shoulder press before bench.

Its funny because I started out full body 5x a week and my noob gainz were insane. Then I learned about programs and actual beneficial shit and its going well.

>count the weight of the bar in your lifts

lat pullovers work the whole body

most professional bodybuilders use the lat pulldown daily

some say ronnie colemand coould lat pulldown 3 stacks the machine weight, thats why his back was so thick

Constant tension = constant gains