What is your favorite program for strength training and powerlifting? Can't really decide for one

What is your favorite program for strength training and powerlifting? Can't really decide for one

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5/3/1 is good and the cube method

Those are both really bad for powerlifting, and 5/3/1 is especially mediocre.

Stuff that's actually good includes
GZCL
Juggernaut training programs
Sheiko
RTS style training
Nuckols' 28 free programs
Conjugate programming
Texas Method

What is 5/3/1 good for then?

nothing

Old, broken, steroid using former powerlifters.

What should I do coming out of SS with a pretty solid squat but shit bench?

How long have you been training, what are your lifts?

spotted the virgins

5 months
275 diddly
255 squat
140 bench
135 pendalay
95 OHP
All for 5. I got injured at one point for like 2 months. Been back for almost a month. Before the injury things were slowing down. Felt like I had maybe a month left. Possibly less. I'm back to My previous strength levels now. The OHP seems like It'll be going higher. Bench might be getting stuck again. The squats and deadlifts are getting mentally and physically draining at this point. Probably won't be able to keep going up by 5 for more than 2 weeks.

should mention i'm 170lbs

Texas Method. The Cube. Sheiko. Smolov. Everything else is shit.

powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/

You're not done with SS. You need to eat more for starters.

I was 145 to start fuck off and okay thanks

Height?

5' 11''
I was a skinny with below untrained strength levels even for my weight. my starting squat was 85lbs

Starting strength for beginners.
Some say Brandon lily's cube method doesn't provide enough exposure to perfect the main lifts. I think if you run out a linear progression for 6 months to a year you'll develop good technique. So for intermediate programming I say the cube method. Just be smart about your assistance movements, choose shit that targets your weaknesses. For example I wasn't getting enough out of the prescribed deficit deadlifts so I changed to halting deadlifts and I've noticed a big difference.

You should aim to be closer to like 190 when you finish SS. You're going to gain a majority of the lean mass you'll have in your time lifting when you finish SS, don't forget to do your accessories like Rippetoe says.

It's really comfy to run if you can't devote a shit load of time to improving and don't like potentially missing reps.
It's more of a casual strength training program for lack of a better phrase, just remember if you're going to do it then you should A) consider doing the boring but big sets and B) do a shit load of pulling accessories for shoulder health

Is this a meme? I thought 531 was thought highly of.

Nevermind,
answers my question.

Alright I'll continue on. I can't do dips anymore though. My injury was that a rib popped out in my upper back and got stuck. When I set up for dips it feels it's going to pop out again. Not really sure what to do to replace dips so i've just been throwing in some alternate benching for 8 reps 3 sets

You could consider dumbbell bench press for your accessory work

I'm pretty sure if you want more volume for anything rip says somewhere you can do a set of 8 with lower weights after your main sets. Also like the other user said, db bench is good as are lying tricep extensions.

531 is a solid program for intermediate to advanced training. You just have to know how and when to modify it. It gets a bad rap from novice lifters due to lack of volume, but BBB mitigates that.

Also one other thing I should say is that I wouldn't run 5/3/1 all year, but I'd use it more as a pseudo off season program so you can re sensitize yourself to higher frequency training and give your joints some time to fully recover (if you're a GDE like me who has questionable hips/elbows).
Also it gives you a lot of free recovery space to fuck around with accessory exercises/unfuck your body composition through caloric restriction/conditioning.
But if your only goal is to get strong fast it's pretty fucking sub optimal.

I do modified SS with allots of accessories. I've only just started bulking maybe 2 weeks ago but I have noticed significant improvement in my lifts compared to cut lifting. That said, I was doing leg press instead of squats for about a month due to fear of injury. I pulled my neck from random bad form on squats and had to stop lifting for 2 weeks for it to heal. I'm getting back into them, but at a lower weight, and it feels like I'm progressing more slowly. Probably just crappy form from being out of it for so long.

How the fuck do you mess up your neck on squats. Fix your form holy shit.

Craning my neck you idiot that's how.