I'm getting into weighlifting, what do you guys think of Stronglifts 5x5?

I'm getting into weighlifting, what do you guys think of Stronglifts 5x5?

I recommend it.

I only do this for compounds. 10 reps to warm up, and progressively get heavier after. For everything else, I do 8-12 reps and 3 sets.

it's reddits favorite routine

that aside, it's ok. a bit heavy on volume for my tastes, but it will definitely give you great results if you stick with it for half a year.

you will get a plateu faster than SS
SS will make you plateu faster than Greyskull LP
GSLP is the way to go

How about sean10mm's stripped 5x5?
ABA, BAB
A:
5x5 DL
5x5 Pendlay row
5x5 OHP
B:
5x5 squat
5x5 bench
2xMax pull ups

download the app and you'll be good

make sure you activate your almonds as a preworkout.

I've been doing PPL Split for about half a year now. Maybe I should switch to another workout? I was thinking Grey Skull

> going from an intermediate to novice routine

Its good but personally i prefer SS as 5 sets for 5 reps feel like an awkward number for me while 3x5 in SS allows me to increase intensity,remember to stick with whatever you end up preffering and ALWAYS stop the moment you feel any pain to avoid injury as compounds might be a bit hard to pick up their proper form at the start,watch form instructional videos from people like alan thrall and athlean x,avoid scott hermannfitness videos like the plague most of his shit is wrong and retarded,and finally you should add accessories like incline db press if you want some aesthetic gains

ahhh gotcha

If you do it you're dick will fly off
I'd say that it's not worth the risk desu

Stronglifts for 6 months then go for gslp untill 1/2/3/4.
then do TM

what the fuck we had this exact thread like a week ago with these same exact responses

am i in the fucking matrix or something

Just a glitch in the system, will be buffed out in the next patch.

Do you want to be strong, or get aesthetic? If you don't care how you look and want to be strong, follow your stronglifts or starting strength.

If you want to be aesthetic, eat clean and go do a brosplit like PPL.

There, I just saved you a shitload of hassle.

open up your mind

>bots don't post on Veeky Forums
learn some history dude

wish someone had summarised it for me like this

whats tm

texas method

just do a better, time tested program, written by a strength and conditioning coach. not a 60kg/135lb marketing sand jew

I thought it was better to do a strength program first.
Gets you in the gym and used to lifting. Plus make strength gains.
Then after a few months and you switch to PPL and it's quicker to make aesthetic gains.

I've been doing this for almost two years now. Why so long? Because I fucked up 1 year in, when I was making all kinds of gains and was almost about to change to Madcow ...

I fucked up my shoulder doing OHP because I was lifting tired. I was holding the thing up and then I sneezed, I tensed up and heard *crack*. My fucking shoulder ligament decided to snap and was 6 months out of the business. Got fat and now recently got back but I'm in a cut, so I can't progress that much on the weight. Hopefully I can go back where I was and then change to an intermediate routine.

Recomendations:
- Don't lift when tired. I don't know how much anal you feel about it. Don't do it.
- Perfect form always.
- Even when you know you're doing everything perfect, if something feels "funny" stop what you're doing completely. Even if there's no really a big pain.
- Don't get anal about your arms not growing. This a strength routine. I was muscle man at my normie gym because I could squat 3pl8. After you achieve than then you can start to worry about other things.

SL is a simple novice program, and there's no point weighing simple novice programs against each other unless you're the kind of guy who insists on planned economy in vic 2.

It`s a very good way when you are just starting out. The app makes it easy to track you lifts and the do & dont`s are solid.
Just don`t be a fag like me and and push yourself and chase after the heavy weights, deloading is part of the program. I`ll recommend 5x5 till you plateau on Squat and Bench (and deloading at least twice) then see what you want to get out of lifting and choose another program to go from there.

I started with this. It's fun but you'll want to switch to SL in 2 or 3 months.

Huge waste of time if you're a natty. Run a split

this. SS/ICF/Alphadestinynovice is strictly superior