What are the best muscles to train for if you get in a street confrontation Veeky Forums...

What are the best muscles to train for if you get in a street confrontation Veeky Forums? Would wrestling training work best if someone were to attack me in the middle of the night?

I recently got switched to night shift at my job and I have to walk home around 2 am and its near downtown so I end up walking past some sketchy people sometimes

Just being strong in general would help you put someone on there ass if they wanted to fuck with you so basically just become strong because chances are the loser hoodlum hasn't ate properly or lifted anything in a long time.

Leg muscles so you can run away... Trust me best thing to do is avoid confrontation, you don't know how crazy someone can be.

Do yoga, youll innately learn how to kill people

cleans, deadlifts and dips. That's all I did for highschool football and in the half dozen fights I got into, I always left the other guy knocked out. Those are the culprits I believe. Some of these guys "boxed" and some did other martial arts, I didn't know any of that shit, just punched, and when they got close, I always managed to tackle them down and punch them to a blissful coma.

Bullet and knife wound resistance. Essentially shoot yourself once a month, and stab yourself once every week so your body can build a resistance to them.

Literally this. Stop trying to be macho and get out of there. No amount of training or prep will get you ready for someone pulling a knife/gun or ganging up on you.

Pure grappling is superior to pure striking in a 1 on 1 fight, but on tha streets it's not given that you only fight one oponent. So maybe boxing or any kickboxing style would be valuable. Maybe a blunt weapon or pepper spray would be even more valuable. But in the end the best would be to have a good 80 meter dash or 400m sprint to avoid fighting some junkie or hoodrat who has nothing to lose

If you have a fighting heart and want to learn the best combat sport its defenitely MMA.no combatsport is closer to reality (in a street fight for example) then MMA.if your not a complete douchbag you should be a trained killer within 3 years.

Learn Muay Thai and Judo and running.

>Punch
>Kick
>Throw
>Run away

Whatever you do, don't let them get the choke, because if your out, God knows what they gonna do with you!

Heel to the groin! Heel to the groin!

dont ever do this to el guapooo

>What are the best muscles to train
Sounds to me like you've got isolation on your mind, forget that immediately. Big compound lifts such as squats, deads, benches and rows are what you want for a nice strength foundation.
Then I'd recommend (to everyone) that you train at least six months in some kind of martial art if you're serious about having some kind of idea how to handle yourself. Wrestling or judo will give you the best idea of how to handle yourself in some kind of grappling situation. BJJ is great on the ground, but specifically ON THE GROUND, which is ideally what you want to avoid.
Or you can train in boxing or muay thai if you'd prefer to stick to striking, just don't focus on the kicks of muay thai too much as they're much more risky outside the ring, knees and elbows (and the standing clinch) are fantastic though.
Godspeed, friend.

who the fuck is she ? im having a boner here

LOL things that never happened for 100 Alex.
OP just learn a martial arts. I'm a medic but I've trained judo since I was 8 and did a bit of boxing for a few years in the army. I've been in quite a bit of fights and trust me it's faggit like the guy above me that think they have nothing to learn that always get their assessment handed to them.

>lying on congolese origami image board
I'm not implying he doesn't need martial arts training, his mesage was specific for "Muscles to train for street fighting?" and if you're going to argue that those 3 aren't the most beneficial in a street fight, then you wasted your time in the army.

What generates the most power for a scuffle and low skilled fight ? Core, legs.

Ooo and forgot to say this but my partner who is a female who happened to be a crossfitter(lol) completely got her shit rekt by some guy at a bar where she was called out to deal with "someone who had a concussion" but turned out to just be smashed. Ended up robbing the ambulance of whatever wasn't locked up and put her in the hospital with her face beaten pretty bad. She took time to recover took some kickboxing dropped crossfit only does compounds and now she's more aware.

Start carrying. If it's legal in your country, it's a great tool to have.

LOL in the army you train calisthenics and endurance conditioning most guys don't even lift and the ones that do only use base gym on their down time. Even most fighters train this way but the best way to train those "muscles" is by practicing a martial art not by doing dips cleans and deadlifts. Your basically telling me an Olympian weightlifter could step in the octagon or ring with the elite of MMA, kickboxing, or boxing and kick their shit in.
>cleans, deadlifts and dips. That's all I did for highschool football and in the half dozen fights I got into, I always left the other guy knocked out. Those are the culprits I believe. Some of these guys "boxed" and some did other martial arts, I didn't know any of that shit, just punched, and when they got close, I always managed to tackle them down and punch them to a blissful coma.

Dumbest shit I've ever heard kid.

again, from personal experience, those are the results, anecdotal but I'm sure those ARE THE MUSCLES responsible for getting an upper-hand in a fight. too bad they don't teach reading comprehension in the army or you would be able to answer his query properly.

Yeah well I just think your full of shit. I've seen guys who played semi pro football literally get the shit kicked out of them by guys half their size who were trained in specific disciplines. Want to know the difference?if you train for football you'll be good enough to play football if you train in a Combat sport your good enough to fight and will do much better in a street fight where your up against a guy who plays football. Literally kys faggit.

bruh, you're not helping OP, he asked for exercises, go ahead and give him a proper answer or STFU, cleans and deadlifts give you explosiveness to tackle anyone that comes near you, dips work your chest and triceps like the bench so you can punch and hit harder. those also strengthen your core and give you stability in a grappling match. correct me if i'm wrong on any of these examples. The fights I got in weren't with pro fighters nor is OP likely to get jumped/mugged by pros. The shit I got into was off the cuff, for example, dudes shoved me in a hallway into a locker, after I processed it, I approached them and tackled the first one, 2 punches and he was out cold, the other two were trying to pull me off and I smashed his head on the wall and the third one ran. That is anecdotal because they're weak, but I wouldn't have been able to handle my own if I didn't have the core strength and posterior strength to push and punch these guys.
>inb4 cringe