Why dont gyms have an online booking system for squat racks? I get nervous and impatient when I ask someone to hurry up...

why dont gyms have an online booking system for squat racks? I get nervous and impatient when I ask someone to hurry up...

>spend all that money on a booking system
>could just buy more racks

>online booking system for squat racks
lmao

but look, imagine booking yourself online by name and membership info (could be like an add on to a monthly fee) and then signing in at the front desk when u arrive. People would be getting through like clockwork, it'd revolutionize the business model.

What happens if someone is using the squat rack and mid way through their sets and someone is booked?

What happens when the person books doesn't show up on time/at all (likely)

What happens when the person books hasn't finished but their time expires?

If the squat rack is busy enough that you can't get on it without waiting, eventually you'll have it fully booked all the time therefore forcing everyone to book, multiplying the problems

would not invest/10

t. business undergrad

Ask to work in. Be social. It will help your autism.

Because they'll overbook and when a gym employee wants to use the rack you'll get your ass handed to you by the gym air marshalls.

idk, have a proprietary set of racks for people that have booked it? not sure of the specifics, but the point im trying to make is increasing efficiency in and out of the gym...

>Someone books all the squat racks for a special event

It's like a doctor's office.

1. Finish your sets and then the next person goes. If you're repeatedly not finishing your sets on time, book longer times or face a penalty and not be allowed to book time for a week.

2. If you're not there after 5 minutes, there's "outpatient" opportunity, but they have to finish before the time is up. If no one wants to use the rack, whoever has the next time booked gets the rack.

Have more than one rack, obv. Have one that can be booked, one that is free for use. People who use a strict schedule will book their rack time, people who don't really care will squeeze it in when they can.

Not the guy who came up with this, btw. Just my thoughts on your replies.

>a judgement free zone

Everyone has different set times and it depends on the day, so there's always going to be either overrunning or the squat rack not being used.

It's like a doctors office running behind. I use to have to wait sometimes hours to be seen. Except with the gym you can't afford to wait an undetermined amount of time to start your squats

>face a penalty

So now someone has to keep constant track of everyone booking with this system and whether they finish on time

>but they have to finish before the time is up.

So basically you get kicked off the squat rack halfway through your sets making it not worth it, because how long really are we talking you can book the squat rack for. Max 10 minutes? Any more and you'll get such few turnover per hour

either the racks are being used when you want to book it or you pick a non-reserved rack. Or you can book until the last booking is over. also,

>sign in clipboard to confirm your booking.

if you dont show up to your booking, boohoo, next person in line to the booth. weapons grade autism cured OP.

I arrive to the gym 10 minutes before my booking and there's a free squat rack. I do my squats then go and sign in on the clipboard leaving the empty booked squat rack empty for the next 10 minutes

Also still doesn't solve the problem of if you don't show up to your booking, next person in line to the booth? What happens when you overrun to the next person booked, or if I misunderstood you and it's the next booking, why would the person be there before their booking therefore leaving the squat rack empty again

>his gym dosen't have this already

What kind of shithole gym do you lift in op? Is your plate dispenser even digital or are you stuck with a manual

Guys, is there a certain etiquette to be aware of with regards to squat/power racks? Once i'm there, can I take as much time as I want? What about doing OHP at the squat rack? Is it rude to ask someone if you can do your reps whilst they rest? Like some people just like to be in the zone and stay focused during their downtime.
That kind of thing.

> I do my squats then go and sign in on the clipboard leaving the empty booked squat rack empty for the next 10 minutes

the clipboard is managed by the receptionist. Ex. scan your card to get in, receptionist sees your booking on computer system and confirms it.

>What happens when you overrun to the next person booked

a trap door opens on the platform sending you into the manlet pit.

No.

There is a maximum time allocated per rack, in which case the next rack opens and you are free to take it assuming you've confirmed it at reception.

>Gym is packed, all flat benches taken
>See obvious self conscious beta waiting 10 minutes for a bench. Keeps getting shafted, getting more and more irritated.
>I'm finished my workout, decide to do some curls to finish off.Bench opens up and guy practically sprints towards it. I loudly say "Dude what are you doing im using that"
>Goes bright pink
>s-sorry
>Scurries off to the corner visibly upset.
>I proceed to do standing bar curls, sitting on the bench between sets.
>He leaves 5 minutes later having done no exercises
When did you realise you made it /fit?

this.

if you cant handle your autism at the gym, get out. No point in building a great physique, endurance, strength, what have you, if you can't muster the strength to politely ask someone how much longer they have left.

anyone else here /gymbully/?

So now not only do we have a booking system but we also have a monitoring system and have to have receptionists present at all times that understand the system, and also a system that links your card and bookings

>implying this is not a complete waste of money, time and resources

The first part changes from signing the clipboard to

I get there early, do my squats and because I've already signed in and my booking confirmed I don't need to do anything, therefore now the squat rack is empty for the amount of time my booking lasts for

>There is a maximum time allocated per rack, in which case the next rack opens and you are free to take it

So if I understand correctly, you would kick people off the squat rack once their booking is finished even if they haven't finished their reps or sets

>who would go to a gym where you get kicked off the squat rack

My gym is all curl /dumbbells bros so the squat half rack is my small private space, I just wish it was a proper rack

Just wait till they start OHPing there

they don't really care for barbells man, they only do bench and inclined bench press

I've seen a guy doing cleans on the floor but we don't run into each other much

I wanted to befriend him but the fucker only speaks Russian

Same here brah, even when there is like 5-6 people (that is a lot, it is a small gym).
I also have a story from today, I did not workout for a week so I hit it hard today,
noticing there is new girl recipient that was actually working out and doing squats.
Was weird because rack is free 99% of the time. It was like 40kg at max, so I wanted to warm up
with those and she was like "wow, its impossible you do not warmup with pure barbell" so I took off
5kg from each side to not be seen as some player trying to impress new woman (I am ottermode at
best). Then she started asking me for my routine and if I was into powerlifting (my max squat would be
100kg/225lbs) and I actually laughed. Received some compliments about how good my squat form looks and she was basically hanging around me entire time. Felt similar to when I was home not that long time
ago and got mired by girl classmates about how broad I got. Sorry guys, I do not have gymbro (had few but we go at different times) or anyone that I could talk to about it.

>implying this is not a complete waste of money, time and resources

nope, CS student here and you can integrate this into the system very easily. Computers and online frameworks are highly modular despite what you think might constitute as a waste of money, time and resources.

>I get there early, do my squats and because I've already signed in and my booking confirmed I don't need to do anything, therefore now the squat rack is empty for the amount of time my booking lasts for.

Sure, you've booked your time, you are free to do as you please. Better than someone leaving their shaker cups and weights on only to come back to someone halfway through taking your weights off.

>So if I understand correctly, you would kick people off the squat rack once their booking is finished even if they haven't finished their reps or sets

No. Racks are booked either booked every 15 minutes 25 minutes or 40 minutes (or lets say based on a statistical mean with standard deviations constituting upper and lower ends). So, having 3 reserved racks to do just that means that the booking system will allow you to book yourself in based on that algorithm. Furthermore, even if you do end up waiting, you may only wait the 5 minutes with certainty you will get the rack because you've booked it.

Same can go for olympic weightlifting platforms and other large equipment.

good job dude