I just benched more thsn lbs200lbs for the first etime and I'm really proud. AMA

I just benched more thsn lbs200lbs for the first etime and I'm really proud. AMA

felt the same way when I got 2pl8, congrats op

no lie im #4

Thanks for the rare pepe o

I'm at 110lbs right now, how much time did it take you to go to 200 from 110 ?

Congrats man!

>tfw a dyel

Wednesday I did 115lb 5x3 and felt good, today I went for 120 and could only do 4x3 (with the middle set being only 3 reps)

When I started out a few months ago, I was lifting for aesthetics, but since starting barbells it's all about strength.

I started at 95 sophomore year of high school. I'm a senior now and I've been lifting 3-4 times a week without any real plan

>Lifting 3-4 times a week
>It took you two years to get to 200lb

God dammit familia you can do better than that. You should have been increasing in weight every time you went to the gym.

When I started my max was 95. You'll make it

For some reason I'm stuck at the 112.5lbs for 2 weeks, before that I was raising 10 lbs every week.

Not OP but it took me ~9 months to go from 95 to 200.

Compared to the other lifts I've found that the bench rewards taking the time to build muscle mass (especially if, like me, your levers are shit)

It was about 2 years with a few breaks in between. I couldnt lift when I wasnt in school since I used the school weightroom

>tfw i can lift 250 but not bring to chest :(

It starts to slow down, but if you keep upping reps and weight you'll do fine. I do 3 sets of reps to failure, and started at 95. Once I could do ten reps of that I added a ten on each side, and then it kept going. I do 175 for a max of 6 reps now

You should be eating at a surplus and getting a shit ton of sleep if you want to make gains.

If you're eating right and getting enough sleep you should be able to get up 5lbs per work out until like 175lbs, then you might start taking it slower.

Make sure you do short sets as well.

Getting enough sleep and eating at a surplus is difficult because I swim a lot. Practices tend to be before school (4 am) and burn a shitload of calories. I also have horrible body image issues and am deathly afraid of getting fat

ima fatty and can't even do that yet, good for you user :)

Is fit really this weak? struggling to hit 3pl8 and i feel weak as fuck.

>no "lifting for glory"

That's a start. I hope you did it with proper technique